Melbourne 1 - Setlist Party!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Maybe they expected 3 shows and the 3rd would have been Saturday. Gotta wonder too how empty the stadium will be on Friday given that Wednesday was far from full.

Onto the setlist... Is it unrealistic to expect TUF? I soooo want them to play it. Then again if they play UV I will have an emotional breakdown.

I think that might have been a sight issue. Because it looked pretty much the same all around the stadium.

Yeah there was a pretty consistently shaped line of empty seats. I doubt that very many sellable seats were empty.

So what places will Bono namedrop tomorrow before Magnificent? We need some places outside of metro Melbourne.

Sunshine? Frankston? Epping? :wink:

Yeah there was a pretty consistently shaped line of empty seats. I doubt that very many sellable seats were empty.

There's photos of a couple thousand empty balcony seats with full view.

u2_360_tour_melbourne_23 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

NZ had a bunch of roped off seats used for the 1st night that were not used on the 2nd night.

This is not good/bad. It just means U2/promoters hit the saturation point accurately with this series of shows. It'll be called a sell out in th eofficial documentation.

it doesn't obscure the floor, but it would obscure the claw. that photo also proves that.

In 2009 they sold seats that partially obscured the screen and even parts of the band themselves. What made Melbourne special?

The claw legs themselves show very little if any of the "show".

Were fans outside wanting to buy tickets refused because the promoters insisted than fans only pay to see every inch of the stage up to the top mirror ball?

In 2009 they sold seats that partially obscured the screen and even parts of the band themselves. What made Melbourne special?

The claw legs themselves show very little if any of the "show".

Were fans outside wanting to buy tickets refused because the promoters insisted than fans only pay to see every inch of the stage up to the top mirror ball?

i'm not saying there were all empty because of the obscured view, but because they had less demand and/or more seats to sell i can't imagine they'd have been in a rush to sell obscured view seats.

and again, your photo shows that if you were close to midfield the roof beam would obscure the screen even at a lower level.

i'm not saying there were all empty because of the obscured view, but because they had less demand and/or more seats to sell i can't imagine they'd have been in a rush to sell obscured view seats.

and again, your photo shows that if you were close to midfield the roof beam would obscure the screen even at a lower level.

Like several other stadiums the show was a "soft" sell out.

IMG_0759 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
They had had no sight line problem selling the same seats 4 years ago.

it doesn't obscure the floor, but it would obscure the claw. that photo also proves that.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/awphoto/3600620526/
The lighting bar is not very intrusive.

How is it your song when it's been played there once? :wink: Could claim it's Brussels's song as well, or Amsterdam's or Dublin's.

I think annabelle's referring to the fact that not only did we get a rare 360 Tour performance of Bad, but we also got the only Australian performance of it on Vertigo.

Though here's hoping it's the start of a trend and Bad now becomes a bit more regular in the setlist.

Back
Top Bottom