May 20, 2017 - Los Angeles, CA - Rose Bowl

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Some more tickets got posted. Uggh so pricy but I'm glad I finally have tix. First U2 show not going GA.

Well I'm not a member of U2.com so didn't get any pre-sale codes. Had been a propaganda subscriber but just never switched over online. Have been very lucky with being able to get GA's and even good seats over the years. This general sale though on Tuesday is kind of scary! Trying for GA's BUT if not I'm hoping for good side seats. Hope it goes well!!!:D

The line was very organized. But it was also very long and windy. Right before they opened gates, security disappeared. Then the back of the line rushed to the front. It became a mob. In the middle people were nearly crushed. It was chaotic.

Sent from my SM-G920V using U2 Interference mobile app

The line was very organized. But it was also very long and windy. Right before they opened gates, security disappeared. Then the back of the line rushed to the front. It became a mob. In the middle people were nearly crushed. It was chaotic.

Sent from my SM-G920V using U2 Interference mobile app

Due to circumstances beyond my control for that show, my wife & I got there later than we intended and fortunately after the chaos (although we heard about it plenty). By the time we arrived we strolled right in and walked into the inner circle on Edge's side no problem. Very glad we missed that mess.

Are the seats CC entry? Trying to get my friend a seat with the my presale code tomorrow but I want to make sure I can actually get her the ticket. I won't be in LA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can anyone tell me if the RZ tickets are paperless or not for the Rose Bowl? Thx

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Hi folks, new member :wave: and happy to be here among the U2 fan brethren. I just grabbed four tickets for the Rose Bowl location but I have never seen a concert there. Does anyone know if you can get a decent view out of these seat locations? Much appreciated.
SEC 18-L Row 76
SEC 19-H Row 42

Need a babysitter for May 20 & 21

hi - my wife and I are looking for a babysitter for our 4 year old son to watch him during the shows. We are staying at a Doubletree in Monrovia. If you are local and know anyone reputable, please let me know

we ended up with sec 16-L, row 60 buying them as they went on sale to the public. I was a little disappointed (but know the game), but it seems we will still have a pretty good view.

I'll walk the grounds to see if anyone is dumping the 2nd show under face. We will be there, have tentative plans to do other things, but if we can get a 2nd show for a good price...that's kind of a no-brainer for me.

There is NO street parking as it's an upscale residential neighborhood. You may be able to find parking in Pasadena proper, but then you'd need to walk a mile or so in.

In 2009 they opened parking early to accommodate the GA line. I don't see why they wouldn't do that again.

There is NO street parking as it's an upscale residential neighborhood. You may be able to find parking in Pasadena proper, but then you'd need to walk a mile or so in.

In 2009 they opened parking early to accommodate the GA line. I don't see why they wouldn't do that again.

Thanks. Yeah I remember that, we got there at 7am-ish, I think. Hence my wondering about this time. I hope so!

Has anyone done the Parsons Engineering (100 W Walnut St) parking and shuttle? It looks almost too good to be true, with the only complaint I have seen being that lines are long when the show is over (really? 75,000 people arrive staggered but leave at the same time and you are surprised the line is long?).

It looks like if you make quick to the line after the show it could be a real time saver. I have $40 parking passes but am more than happy to eat $40 and spend more if it means missing the Rose Bowl post-game/show nightmare

I've taken that shuttle before. It is pretty good. If you are up to it, you can just walk back after the show. Its about a 20 minute walk, I think.

Thanks. It looks like it staggers a bit, probably designed to make it a little more difficult...Rosemont down to Orange Grove walking the opposite way than you want to (west/southwest) just in order to meet Walnut and walk back due east. Unless you can stay on the path of Rosemont and walk through that apartment complex. I guess it would depend on if they have people there to stop that.

I have read mixed reviews on whether that is really an OK walk, but 1.4 miles is not that big a deal. Maybe 30 minutes at a good clip, but if the line for the bus is too nuts, we'll set off. I assume there are a good number of walkers that makes it safer than it would otherwise be (while it is a nice neighborhood, I would imagine people who stray from the pack are easy pickings).

Last edited:
The last two times I've been to the Rose Bowl I took the train, and shuttled in from Parsons. For the Coldplay concert, we left right away and the line wasn't awful. For the actual Rose Bowl, we stayed in the stands celebrating until they kicked us out, the shuttle line was insane. We walked. It was a mostly straight shot, and the incline wasn't bad. I would recommend making sure you have a charged up phone as Google maps will be useful walking out.

Oh and if you see a bacon wrapped hot dog vendor, definitely try one.

Whenever I've been to the Rose Bowl I've always parked in Pasadena and walked it in and out; I'll be doing the same on Saturday; it's maybe 20-25 min walk, should be a beautiful night so why not?

My email from the Rose Bowl dated 5/10 that's specific to the concert said parking lots open at 2:30. Levi's Stadium is kind of the same (2pm). I'm wondering what that means for GA lines. I was there in 2009 and it was awesome hanging out all day on the grass (until the last few minutes of course). Our plan was to do the same this year, now I'm not so sure. Might call and see what info I can find.

My email from the Rose Bowl dated 5/10 that's specific to the concert said parking lots open at 2:30. Levi's Stadium is kind of the same (2pm). I'm wondering what that means for GA lines. I was there in 2009 and it was awesome hanging out all day on the grass (until the last few minutes of course). Our plan was to do the same this year, now I'm not so sure. Might call and see what info I can find.

If you do call, please post here what you find out. I already tweeted them asking about this as well. I enjoyed the 2009 lineup as well, and things were made much easier by having the parking lots open very early that day. With a 2:30 opening scheduled for the two shows next weekend, and potentially thousands of people arriving early to lineup for GA (heck, the email asks EVERYONE to try to be there by 4:30 to avoid hassles), it would be in everyone's best interests to have the lot open early in the morning so that people can be coming in at staggered times throughout the day and not all 100,000 or so in a two-hour window.

The Rose Bowl just posted the following FAQ's on their Facebook page. No camping for GA allowed on the property or surrounding arroyo. Where did the GA line start the last time U2 played the Rose Bowl?

Coming to the concert this weekend? Please read our frequently asked questions before heading in:

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

Is credit card entry different than paperless tickets? No, it is the same.

How does the credit card entry work? Easy! The card you used to purchase your tickets is essentially your ticket. Just provide that card at the entry gate, where they will swipe to find your purchase.

I purchased paperless tickets for my friends or family. Can we enter the Stadium separately? No. If you purchased the tickets for a group, you will have to enter as a group.

I purchased GA Floor seats, can I enter the Stadium at any gate? No. If you have GA Floor tickets, you will only be permitted to enter the Stadium at Gate E.

What if the credit card I used expired before the concert? Just bring the old credit card, or the replacement card with the same account number. If you destroyed the old card and your new one has a different account number, please contact Ticketmaster Customer Service directly 1(800) 653 - 8000.

What if I forget to bring the credit card I used to make my purchase on event day? Upon arrival at the Rose Bowl Stadium, please go directly to the Ticket Resolution windows located outside of Gate B, Gate E & Gate F. They will ask for your photo ID and a purchase confirmation email.

I used a card I share with my spouse; will they be able to get in without me? As long as they’re an authorized card user, they can get in. Be sure they bring the card and photo ID.

Why is credit card entry the only option for some events, or some sections? When the tickets are in high demand, the artist wants true fans, like you, to get the seats desired at face value by eliminating unfair competition from scalpers. Without the ability to resell the tickets, they have no reason to take them from the market.

Is camping allowed so that I can hold my place in the GA Floor ticket line? No. Camping is not permitted before or after the event anywhere on the Rose Bowl Stadium property or surrounding Arroyo.

Where is the line going to form for GA Floor Entry? Gate E

What time can I begin lining up for GA Floor Seating? If you are a GA Floor ticket holder, you will receive an email on Friday, May 19th with specific details. For further information, please visit our Rose Bowl Stadium website, post the May 19th email blast.

What time do parking lots open on the concert days? 2:30 PM

Can I park my vehicle overnight in the lots, either the night before or night of the concert?
Overnight parking is prohibited in all lots.
Parking lots close 90 minutes following the conclusion of the event or game.
Parking is first-come, first-served. No saving of parking spaces is permitted.
In and out privileges are not allowed.

What time does the Rose Bowl Shuttle operations begin? The shuttle begins at 3:30 PM and runs up to an hour after the event concludes.

Where do I catch the shuttle from? Parsons Engineering Building in Old Town Pasadena. A pre-purchase shuttle ticket is $5.00 round-trip; however, a round-trip shuttle ticket will be $10.00 on event day. To pre-purchase your pass today, click here: https://www.rosebowlstadium.com/visitor-center/parking-information-1

I know the Rose Bowl Stadium is a clear bag facility, where can I find more information? The Rose Bowl Stadium has implemented a clear bag policy for all events at the Rose Bowl Stadium. We strongly encourage fans to conform to the policy prior to arriving at the Rose Bowl Stadium. Otherwise large purses and bags must be returned to vehicle or checked in for a fee of $10.00 at the stadium's item check-in tent, located adjacent to Gate C. For more information, click here: https://www.rosebowlstadium.com/visitor-center/code-of-conduct

What is “Picnic in the Park” and what time does it open? “Picnic in the Park” is a pre-event directly in front of the Rose Bowl on Area H (in front of Gate B) and has food booths, a beer garden, and some interactive opportunities. It opens at 3:00 PM.

Is Tailgating allowed at the Rose Bowl? Tailgating is permitted at the Rose Bowl once parking lots open (2:30 PM). The Rose Bowl is well known for its beautiful setting and is considered a great tailgating venue. Fans are encouraged to arrive shortly after parking lots open and enjoy the grounds and the excitement leading up to the show. For information on tailgating policies, please click here.

What time should I get into the stadium? Stadium gates are expected to open at 5:00 PM. Please be aware that you should expect significant lines getting into the stadium for security purposes (similar to when you go to an airport). It is recommended that you go into the stadium well in advance of the start of the show.

I’m planning on taking Uber / Lyft to the Rose Bowl Stadium, where do I get dropped off? There will be a rideshare parking lot adjacent to the stadium, located on Area H. It should be recognized that in the past the rideshare demand has exceeded the supply when events are concluded thus resulting in a less than enjoyable experience leaving the area. We are dedicated to doing all we can to provide a smooth event experience, but wanted to make sure that you were aware of some potential challenges.

What time will the concert end? 11:00 PM sharp

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom