Lucifer's Hands - Song Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
7921387400_960ea36858_z.jpg

I'd like to chime in and say I'm really digging this track and would have been happy to see it included on the album ahead of Volcano. I didn't like Stingray as a live opener when I saw them in 2010, but I'm digging the riff here.

6/10 song for me.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I like the song, definatley a B side though. It is easy to see why it was not on the album. I feel the same about Crystal Ballroom. It is a decent B side, but I do not get the massive adoration for it on here and I can hear why it was not put on the album. Maybe it will grow on me more. :shrug:
Yeah, same here.

Neither song sounds like a happy marriage between music and vocals to me.
Of the two, I by far prefer Crystal Ballroom musically, but then again (or maybe, because of this) I find the vocals even more jarring on it.

Pretty neat tune, hear a little "Personal Jesus" mixed with some T Rex. And the chord progression from red hill mining town was a nice surprise.

But yeah has more of a b side feel to me

Soundcloud.com/re2374

Such a great groove, pity it wasn't a better song.

When I first heard the intro, I don't know why, but the movie 'Reservoir Dogs' popped into my head, it gave me that vibe. One of their best grooves in a long while.

Then the vocals started, and I was 'No, No, No', that is all wrong, it should have been a cool song sung in the lower register.

Still enjoy it, but an opportunity missed.

This song just made me want a nice, crunchy 2:30 studio version of "Stingray Guitar," complete with blippy-bloops and a fuckton of tambourine

Just checking in to say I still love this song. That is all. It wasn't getting any love, so there, I've "loved" on it.

Oh, and I'm still really creeped out by Gavin's picture! Mommy!!!

Just heard this song for the first time last night when I bought the physical CD at Target (sound quality is light years ahead of the crappy free release on iTunes last month) and it is like...a decent B side. It kind of reminds me of Achting Baby outtakes with The Black Keys influence. Strangely enough, it is not produced by Danger Mouse. This may grow on me. Maybe.

Definitely sounds like an AB outtake. I'm also surprised this wasn't produced by DM or at least co-produced.

Love this track! Even the bridge has grown on me. It's like an achtung baby outtake, but what a rock chorus!

Love this track! Even the bridge has grown on me. It's like an achtung baby outtake, but what a rock chorus!

Definitely thought LH was a DM production. Quite interesting...

In addition to thanking Lucifer aka Gavin, how about the many "Additional guitar by Bono" credits on Disc 2? They're quite noticeable as the last credit for each song. :bono:

Definitely thought LH was a DM production. Quite interesting...

In addition to thanking Lucifer aka Gavin, how about the many "Additional guitar by Bono" credits on Disc 2? They're quite noticeable as the last credit for each song. :bono:

Wait...they let him play on the record??? Are you kidding me? :)

Decent track, I'd probably like it a lot more if I'd never heard Return of The Stingray Guitar, as I can't help but think that that is the superior version.
As b-side/bonus tracks go it's a good one but glad it didn't make the album.

I really like this song, should've opened the album imo. I wish the opening was extended about another 20-30 seconds, but I still think it's a good song. Sure as heck beats most of the crap on How To Leave Behind An Atomic Bomb On The Horizon.

Back
Top Bottom