LP13 - Still Waiting - 1980 days since Bono announced Songs of Ascent

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
seriously... all this BS about secondguessing rumors about when's the album releasing...

something else is on the schedule for the band... like it is every year.

man, how dense you could be...

10 years ago, people be celebrating 16 hours ago.... !!!

That guy who spent 4 hours with DM and Bono in Eze is a french DJ / Artist named "Son of Kick" Curiously, his tweet has been deleted...:hmm: Most likely because he was getting harrassed too much for details.

This is not really anything "new" but I spoke with someone yesterday who works in venue managing who told me U2 is booking shows next year. He gave nothing more specific than that, and of course included the caveat that these things can change due to injury or whatever. But that seems to fit with what we have been hearing.
Your 15,000th post. Congrats! :applaud:

wow... if it hasn't hit you guys what happened 8 hours ago at the turn of the clock...

interference is really its own little universe... :smh:

stick your head out of the mud...

pleba should be known as plab

seriously... all this BS about secondguessing rumors about when's the album releasing...

maybe you're in the wrong thread if you're looking for discussion surrounding Edge's birthday..

This thread is about Rush, Apple, creepy photos, and clunkers; why would someone's birthday be a part of it?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Thanks.

that could mean something or it could mean nothing.

Who is this guy? Is he working on the album?

He may just be a friend of theirs. But if he was at Bono's house with Danger mouse from Midnight to 4am, that guy surely KNOWS about the new album. Title, songs and possibly more...It's a given !

yes BVS, i'm speculating and I could be wrong ! :wink:

12am to 4am?

Bono has some strange hours for a man in his 50s with a bunch of kids..I can't stay up past the evening news.:crack:

What would be a successful sales figure for lp 13?

Just looking at coldplays recent record thats done 2.3 million to date (so 3-3.5 million tops maybe)i i use coldplay as an example cause there the only massive group to release a record recently

3 million would be an amazing figure

What would be a successful sales figure for lp 13?

Just looking at coldplays recent record thats done 2.3 million to date (so 3-3.5 million tops maybe)i i use coldplay as an example cause there the only massive group to release a record recently

3 million would be an amazing figure

Pop sold around 1.5, NLOTH around 1.2
ATYCLB - 4 mill. Bomb - 3 million.

Based on that, I think that the baseline for a mediocre album is about 1.5, and an album that has at least one genuine hit single might hit 2ish. A hit single, a second decent single, backed by a solid album and good promotion, 3 million.

That guy who spent 4 hours with DM and Bono in Eze is a french DJ / Artist named "Son of Kick" Curiously, his tweet has been deleted...:hmm: Most likely because he was getting harrassed too much for details.

Son of Kick looks to be a pretty tough sounding dub-step DJ. Very interesting. My guess is maybe an aquaintence of DM, and was asked to come by to listen to some stuff after a night of drinking. lol

It does make you wonder a little, since Bono made comments a few years ago about wanting to make music that would be played in the clubs... :/

Pop sold around 1.5, NLOTH around 1.2
ATYCLB - 4 mill. Bomb - 3 million.

Based on that, I think that the baseline for a mediocre album is about 1.5, and an album that has at least one genuine hit single might hit 2ish. A hit single, a second decent single, backed by a solid album and good promotion, 3 million.

These are US sales only...but each of these albums sold a lot more than that

ATYCLB = 12 million copies
BOMB = 10 million copies
NLOTH = 6 million copies

BOMB = 10 million copies
NLOTH = 6 million copies

You are being a bit generous with the NLOTH total I think. Last tracked I had before it fell off the world chart top 40(ie weekly sakes less then 30k) was just over 4 million.

BOMB = 10 million copies
NLOTH = 6 million copies

Very true. I sometimes forget, and am U.S.-centric when it comes to sales figures. I was assuming from the initial post that they were inquiring about U.S. numbers.

Truth be told, about 2/3rds or more of their sales are now outside the US.

Comparing sales to 10 years or even 5 years ago is no longer apples to apples.

It is a different landscape for sure, but one that may actually be healthier than when No Line was released. Peer to peer downloading has declined year over year since 2010, and paid downloads and streaming have gained year over year.

I can't claim to know how this will effect their sales, but I still think we can expect somewhere between 1 and 3 million sold in the US for the next album. Those aren't crazy numbers. at least I hope.

I still think an accompanying interactive app would be cool. Videos, different track arrangements(each member choose the flow how they pictured the album, some banjo takes, etc

I still think an accompanying interactive app would be cool. Videos, different track arrangements(each member choose the flow how they pictured the album, some banjo takes, etc

Larry on the banjo :drool:

A cover of the theme song from Deliverance...

It's happened 52 other times, what's one more?

Yeah, what's the dissappointment for?

That we're not all making a thread ZOMG HAPPY BIRFDAY EDGEEEE... while it's pretty much safe to say that he'll never read those? So they're pretty much pointless anyway. :shrug: And it has nothing to do with the new album. Not that much chatter here has to do with that.. but still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom