LP13 - Still Waiting - 1980 days since Bono announced Songs of Ascent

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When kanye West supported U2 on the Vertigo tour Australia he had a backing string section called The Siren strings. The Siren strings are all female Australia strings backing group who toured with U2 in 2006 on Vertigo Tour. That is a true fact.:wave:

No clunker on the horizon

:wink:

What does this mean anyway? What one defines as a album "clunker" can be a great song for someone else. Many of the "clunkers" mentioned here in several posts aren't exactly bad songs for me. And in my language, the word "clunker" means a very large and valuable piece of jewelery.

Someone else might be able to confirm, but I reckon back in the HTDAAB/Vertigo days, we got the info in August, Vertigo in September and obviously album in November.

Not to say that the new album will run exactly as that from ten years ago, but based on that, we're probably running out of time for a 2014 release.

They probably want to announce everything as close to the album release date as possible - I would say a minimum of two months before the release date.

Can I kill you Dan Smee ! You seem to be arsehole from Australia! I been buying and collection U2 albums, dvd's and U2 books for over 30 years. I seen U2 live four times and I am great U2 fan. I don't read your comments Dan! Sirens is the likely album title as it is fairly close to other suggest titles for U2 albums like Solar, U2 are sexy, Sexico and Song for someone. Sirens U2 facebook page has a direct link to U2.com that works. My name is Shaun Swalue the internet stalker from Adelaide. Call the police if want Arsehole.:wave:

Death threats aside, this is what came up when I googled your name:

Do you think Shaun Swalue should be lobotomised? - Cast Your Vote! - Facebook Polls, Blog Polls, and more!

Nice knowing you. :wave:

From that page:

H8Adelaide said on Mar 18 2014, 23:03 PM:
DOING A GOOGLE SEARCH ON THAT WEIRDO SHAUN SWALUE BECAUSE HE'S APPEARED IN YOUR ONLINE LIFE CHECK HIM OUT OVER AT THE OASIS DATING FORUMS WHERE HE REGULARLY HARASSES FEMALES BY CHANGING HIS USER NAME AFTER BEING BANNED THE CREEP SHAUN SWALUE SUFFERS FROM A LACK OF EMPATHY AND IS INCAPABLE OF HAVING A NORMAL CONVERSATION PEOPLE TELL HIM TO FUCK OFF OVER THERE TOO OR HIS TWO FACEBOOK PAGES NOW THEY REALLY ARE HILARIOUS ONE CLAIMS HE'S A POET ARTIST WRITER AND BLOGGER HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA YEAH RIGHT ! IN YOUR DELUSIONS WANKER HE ALSO CLAIMS TO HAVE A DEGREE IN POLITICS AND ARTS HA HA HA HA HA HA HE RARELY WRITES A COHERENT INTERESTING PARAGRAPH AND THE MY SPACE PAGE HA HA HA HA SHAUN THE POST PUNK HA HA HA HA HE POSTS EVERYBODY ELSE'S ART AND MUSIC THINKING IT SUFFICES FOR HIS DULL NON EXISTENT PERSONALITY HE POSTED A THREAD ON OASIS ABOUT WHETHER HE SHOULD GET SOME GLAMOUR SHOTS DONE TO IMPROVE HIS DATING PROSPECTS HA HA HA I KID YOU NOT HA HA HA HA THAT WAS THE RESPONSE AT OASIS TOO HE'LL STILL BE A WEIRDO WITH CREEPY LITTLE EYES NO PHOTOGRAPHY CAN ERASE THAT AND THE PHOTOS HE POSTS OF HIMSELF ON FACEBOOK NARCISSISTIC TENDENCIES THERE THAT STRAW HAT DOESN'T SUIT YOU SHAUNIE ACCORDING TO YOUR OLD LADY FRIEND WHY ? BECAUSE IT DOESN'T COVER YOUR CREEPY FACE SHE EVEN CALLS YOU ' SHAUNIE ' LITTLE WITTLE SHAUNIE HA HA HA SHAUNIE WILL BE WORKING SCRUBBING POTS AT THE ROYAL SHOW HE'S GLAD ABOUT THAT BECAUSE HE HARDLY GETS ANY WORK ACCORDING TO HIS MINDLESS STATUS UPDATES THATS WHY HE CONTINUALLY POSTS THROUGH OUT THE DAY OVER HERE HE HAS NOTHING BETTER TO DO THAN PROJECT HIS NEGATIVITY A VISUAL LITERAL EQUIVALENT OF VERENEAL DISEASE HEY WATCH THIS SPACE BETCHA THE POSTS WILL CEASE OR SLOW RIGHT DOWN DURING SHOW WEEK JUST AS THEY DID AROUND CLIPSAL WHEN HE WAS WORKING GUYS OVER AT OASIS EVEN SAY THEY WOULDN'T WANT TO MEET HIM IN A DARK ALLEY THOUGH THEY'D PROBABLY KICK HIS WIMPY PATHETIC ARSE IF NEED BE HA HA HA HA AND HOW BOUT THIS LOSER'S OBSSESION WITH BODILY FUNCTIONS EWWWWWW SHAUN SWALUE IS A DELUSIONAL LIAR AND CREEP HIS ONLINE BEHAVIOR IS CONTRARY TO HIS DEMENTED RAMBLING ABOUT BEING A NICE NORMAL MAN TO ANYONE WITH THE TIME AND INCLINATION COPY AND PASTE THIS REPEATEDLY TO COUNTERACT HIS VERBAL VD JUST LIKE HE'S DOING THIS CREEP WILL THEN COMPLAIN THAT HE'S THE VICTIM IGNORING HIM DOESN'T WORK JUST ASK FEMALES AT OASIS WHO BLOCKED HIM HE TRACKED THEM DOWN ON FACEBOOK AND HARASSED THEM OVER THERE INSTEAD YEAH I KNOW WHO CAN BE BOTHERED WE'VE ALL GOT BETTER THINGS TO DO THAN FEED THIS SAD SACK OF ATTENTION CRAVING SHITDOING A GOOGLE SEARCH ON THAT WEIRDO SHAUN SWALUE BECAUSE HE'S APPEARED IN YOUR ONLINE LIFE CHECK HIM OUT OVER AT THE OASIS DATING FORUMS WHERE HE REGULARLY HARASSES FEMALES BY CHANGING HIS USER NAME AFTER BEING BANNED THE CREEP SHAUN SWALUE SUFFERS FROM A LACK OF EMPATHY AND IS INCAPABLE OF HAVING A NORMAL CONVERSATION PEOPLE TELL HIM TO FUCK OFF OVER THERE TOO OR HIS TWO FACEBOOK PAGES NOW THEY REALLY ARE HILARIOUS ONE CLAIMS HE'S A POET ARTIST WRITER AND BLOGGER HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA YEAH RIGHT ! IN YOUR DELUSIONS WANKER HE ALSO CLAIMS TO HAVE A DEGREE IN POLITICS AND ARTS HA HA HA HA HA HA HE RARELY WRITES A COHERENT INTERESTING PARAGRAPH AND THE MY SPACE PAGE HA HA HA HA SHAUN THE POST PUNK HA HA HA HA HE POSTS EVERYBODY ELSE'S ART AND MUSIC THINKING IT SUFFICES FOR HIS DULL NON EXISTENT PERSONALITY HE POSTED A THREAD ON OASIS ABOUT WHETHER HE SHOULD GET SOME GLAMOUR SHOTS DONE TO IMPROVE HIS DATING PROSPECTS HA HA HA I KID YOU NOT HA HA HA HA THAT WAS THE RESPONSE AT OASIS TOO HE'LL STILL BE A WEIRDO WITH CREEPY LITTLE EYES NO PHOTOGRAPHY CAN ERASE THAT AND THE PHOTOS HE POSTS OF HIMSELF ON FACEBOOK NARCISSISTIC TENDENCIES THERE THAT STRAW HAT DOESN'T SUIT YOU SHAUNIE ACCORDING TO YOUR OLD LADY FRIEND WHY ? BECAUSE IT DOESN'T COVER YOUR CREEPY FACE SHE EVEN CALLS YOU ' SHAUNIE ' LITTLE WITTLE SHAUNIE HA HA HA SHAUNIE WILL BE WORKING SCRUBBING POTS AT THE ROYAL SHOW HE'S GLAD ABOUT THAT BECAUSE HE HARDLY GETS ANY WORK ACCORDING TO HIS MINDLESS STATUS UPDATES THATS WHY HE CONTINUALLY POSTS THROUGH OUT THE DAY OVER HERE HE HAS NOTHING BETTER TO DO THAN PROJECT HIS NEGATIVITY A VISUAL LITERAL EQUIVALENT OF VERENEAL DISEASE HEY WATCH THIS SPACE BETCHA THE POSTS WILL CEASE OR SLOW RIGHT DOWN DURING SHOW WEEK JUST AS THEY DID AROUND CLIPSAL WHEN HE WAS WORKING GUYS OVER AT OASIS EVEN SAY THEY WOULDN'T WANT TO MEET HIM IN A DARK ALLEY THOUGH THEY'D PROBABLY KICK HIS WIMPY PATHETIC ARSE IF NEED BE HA HA HA HA AND HOW BOUT THIS LOSER'S OBSSESION WITH BODILY FUNCTIONS EWWWWWW SHAUN SWALUE IS A DELUSIONAL LIAR AND CREEP HIS ONLINE BEHAVIOR IS CONTRARY TO HIS DEMENTED RAMBLING ABOUT BEING A NICE NORMAL MAN TO ANYONE WITH THE TIME AND INCLINATION COPY AND PASTE THIS REPEATEDLY TO COUNTERACT HIS VERBAL VD JUST LIKE HE'S DOING THIS CREEP WILL THEN COMPLAIN THAT HE'S THE VICTIM IGNORING HIM DOESN'T WORK JUST ASK FEMALES AT OASIS WHO BLOCKED HIM HE TRACKED THEM DOWN ON FACEBOOK AND HARASSED THEM OVER THERE INSTEAD YEAH I KNOW WHO CAN BE BOTHERED WE'VE ALL GOT BETTER THINGS TO DO THAN FEED THIS SAD SACK OF ATTENTION CRAVING SHIT.

I never seen death threats posted on here before. So this is a first. We've just reached a fascinating level of awesome.

You don't give up with this inane drivel do you? You'd have thought the 1000s of angry responses in the past would give you a clue.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

The one reason why trolls troll is attention. If you keep responding, you give the troll what they want. :) Ignore them, and they'll die from loneliness eventually.

You only 28 Dan. Your stupid insecurities are showing. I know U2 fans that over 50 years old and been following U2 since 1976. You call yourself a U2 fan.:wave:

My posts are more legit and basically the truth about the band called U2. From the mouth of Bono himself the new album is about a old man and a younger man. U2 have been listening to alot of Kraftwerk, 1970s punk bands and music from 1970s for the new album. :wave:

My posts are more legit and basically the truth about the band called U2. From the mouth of Bono himself the new album is about a old man and a younger man. U2 have been listening to alot of Kraftwerk, 1970s punk bands and music from 1970s for the new album. :wave:

I have been exceptionally restrained considering you just threatened to kill me. Mostly because the mods will read it and ban you soon. And don't try your new user registration trick. Anyone who posts such total brain dead garbage as 'U2 is sexy' 'sirens from Ireland' and 'sexico' as the album titles will be discovered pretty quickly. Just stop with your utter tripe for the sake of all if our sanity.

I went to the Adelaide Zoo t.v concert 1992. I lined up all night for a U2 ticket at Adelaide festival center in 1991. I have meet Bono .:wave:

posted in Pleba 2003! Nothing gets me more excited than the speculation and discussion of possible song names and titles for new U2 albums. I always imagine that I know what the album will sound like before I hear it, if I read what the new songs are. I decided to look into the past to see if there was any rhyme or reason to album rumors. Any information will have come from interviews in magazines, U2 books, or sound checks. Lets start back to Achtung Baby.

Many U2 fans have listened to the outtakes from the recording sessions and this is the only insight into how that band records. While listening to the three-and-a-half hours of material, one can hear works in progress in partial bits. (�Until the End of the World,� �Zoo Station,� �Acrobat,� �Even Better Than The Real Thing,� �So Cruel,� �Lady with the Spinning Head,� etc.) New Songs that never survived the cutting room floor also exist (�Changes,� �Heaven and Hell,� �Jitterbug,� etc.) When rumors come out on song titles, one just wonders how the song may have changed.

On the wall hangs a huge chart in which the producer is noting the progression of various possible songs for the record. Against obscure-sounding titles like "One," "Mysterious Ways," "Candy Man," "Wild Horse," "Acrobat," "Fat Boy" and "Arms Around the World," come boxes with titles like Track, Vocal, Bass, Drums and so on.

�Candy Man� and �Fat Boy?� What did these songs sound like, and/or what did they turn into? No other clues about the life of these songs are given but due to the fact that this album had such little bonus material and these two songs made the white board, give light to the idea that these sessions had more fished material. Further reading gives a description yet of another hidden track.

Bono hands over his guitar to Edge and concentrates on the vocal and a harmonica solo, extemporizing on the lyric and remembering new ones without recourse to notes. The pace quickens, the band are kicking up a storm. Bono suggests listening to it all the way through. He has a reservation about the harmonica break. "Is there a danger we are getting to much into 'Exit' territory?" he asks. Danny agrees, but says to persevere and see what emerges. The song, at present called "Bare Back," has a haunting power. After the playback, the producer concedes that it is heading to the "Exit Bullet area," but adds that "this is not necessarily a bad thing."

�Bare Back?� The title alone gives this song raw power. Can you imagine a song like �Exit� from the Achtung era? The plot thickens. I then stumbled upon other possible names for the album. �Adam,� (which we all heard about), �Zoo Station,� and �69� were all in the running.

Even though Zooropa was done very quickly, some song titles came about that we have never heard from again. �Untidy Life,� �Nosejob,� �Jesus Drove Me,� �Piano: Poem,� �Landscape,� �Cry Baby,� �Indian Jam,� �Sponge,� �Lose Control,� �Squidgy,� and �Bright Lights Big City.� Other songs from that session went on to have another (if not later) life: �Wake Up Dead Man,� �If God Will Send his Angels,� �Velvet Dress,� and �Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me.� I have wondered what the Zooropa versions of these songs sounded like. �Wake Up Dead Man� started out in huge contrast to what we know it as now. �A huge gothic rock song with mad bass,� as author BP Fallon once described it.

Pop had only a little bit of information.

Meanwhile, the lead single from the as-yet untitled collection looks like being "Discotheque" with other confirmed titles including "If You Wear That Velvet Dress," "Hymn To The Universe," "Be There," "Super City Mania," "Holy Joe," "Gone" and "MFRR."

�U2 have recorded about 38 new songs for the album, provisionally titled Expect Nothing But The Best.�

The above-mentioned �Be There� is the only as yet unheard of song that I could find from Pop. I do remember a song from War called �Be There� that was never released, but I don�t know if it is the same song. �Holy Joe� and �Big Girls are Best� were the only B-sides to exist from those recording sessions. �Hymn to the Universe,� �Super City Mania,� and �MFRR� turned into �Playboy Mansion,� �Miami,� and �Mofo� respectively. I personally believe that even though the report said 38 songs, many songs had two lives - the trip-hop version and the rock version. (i.e., the guilty and garage mixes of �Holy Joe�).

With All That You Can�t Leave Behind, evidence came out of much more finished material.

�Origin of the Species,� �Yesterday and Tomorrow,� �Sun Moon Stars,� �Sometime,� �Stranded,� and �Bulldozer� just to name a few. Longtime U2 producer Daniel Lanois was quoted as saying that the band had spent a lot of time on a couple of songs, finished them, only not for them to make the final cut. Some of these songs could be on the next album in that these same titles have been mentioned over and over again in articles and interviews.

Some more evidence of what happens to songs occurred to me after ATYCLB. U2 songs usually do a sub-division. The first evidence is in the obvious relationship between �Beautiful Day� and �Always.� In the clip of �Beautiful Day� that is on U2.com, you can see �Always� written underneath. You can also see an interesting title of �Busy Bee� written under the title of �Elevation.� Another piece of obvious evidence is �Lady With A Spinning Head� splitting into �Ultraviolet (Light my Way),� and �The Fly.� I have come to believe that when U2 reports they have 40 songs for the next album to choose from, they actually have around 25 with the other songs having together through cell dividing.

A supposed new name for the album will be "Solar,� but will this just be another "Expect Nothing but the Best" or "Adam"? - unfortunately, we will have to wait.

The only thing that we can learn from the history of the band and its rumors is that quite often titles and songs can change until the final day of recording. Hopefully with all of this material, U2 will come out with the best box set in history. Have fun with all of the interesting titles floating around out there. I can only begin to imagine what the new album will sound like (and what songs will be on it!).

Sources::wave:

Holy crap, trolling has just stepped it up a notch; death threats and delusions of singing abilities...

I heard 'Magnificent' this morning while in line at Sonic waiting on my ultimate breakfast burrito and cherry-vanilla coke. Therefore i am a long time u2 fan and the new album will be titled 'SONIC'. The lead single, 'sexy burrito', will dump w/in the next 12-24 hours. :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom