LP13: Oh well Oh Well Oh Well Oh Well....Tell Me More!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is nothing to suggest either way that they are or aren't basing the tweet on the lawless news, so it doesn't really matter either. I'm inclined to say they know something, as they have given good info in the past. Also, terry said LA, the tweet more specifically says Malibu

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

There is nothing to suggest either way that they are or aren't basing the tweet on the lawless news, so it doesn't really matter either. I'm inclined to say they know something, as they have given good info in the past.

There is nothing to suggest either way that they are or aren't basing the tweet on the lawless news, so it doesn't really matter either. I'm inclined to say they know something, as they have given good info in the past. Also, terry said LA, the tweet more specifically says Malibu

At this point they seem to be speculating, like everyone else. But really, who knows?

So terry is in LA, for some non-defined work (could be recording or rehearsals), U2 are in Malibu specifically rehearsing. This apple thing may just be happening.

If you were U2, wouldn't you want to make the Apple thing happen?

I think they tried to make the Super Bowl thing happen, but the album just wasn't ready. Now, it's probably close to ready, and they don't want to let an opportunity like this slip away. The Apple audience is the U2 audience. And it all lines up perfectly.

It may not happen, but if you were managing U2, you'd probably want it all to happen.

Sent from

I think they tried to make the Super Bowl thing happen, but the album just wasn't ready. Now, it's probably close to ready, and they don't want to let an opportunity like this slip away. The Apple audience is the U2 audience. And it all lines up perfectly.

It may not happen, but if you were managing U2, you'd probably want it all to happen.

Sent from

I hope it is in the can at this point. Some reports have been saying so.

Sent from
Unless they don't want to repeat themselves. It would great if they went down this route, and if they don't...they must have something else up their sleeves.

Wait, people actually think U2 is doing something with Apple?

Huh? Based on what exactly? I've been out of the loop for a bit but... what?

Unsurprising...IF this report is true. Though remember, despite what those challenged for reading comprehension thought, Fisher never claimed the bridge story was from an "insider" source. He was clear he heard it from someone on the street in Dublin near the bridge. So his being "right" or "wrong" does nothing to prove or disprove any "insider" status, which he doesn't claim to have on this record anyway. So it's a little funny to see people like petulant children saying "See, Fisher was wrong about the bridge story, this proves he doesn't have insider sources" (when he never claimed anyway) then turn around and say "Well, even if he was right, so what. He just read it on the internet". Can't have it both ways (though not for want of trying).

Nonetheless, IF his information does turn out to be accurate, it should be a Feast of Crows around here...though those dancing with some kind of weird glee last Sunday (and it was just a few, most people were decent) about this and/or trolling both boards because they thought it proved something will never admit they were wrong, or apologise, because no one ever does.

In any event, if U2 really has been running around Dublin recording videos, it's great news, no matter what the source. :)

dawson_crying.jpg

"It" may indeed be about to happen, but define "it".
Are we sure a new video means a new album?
We got burnt badly last time with Invisijavascript:divAll('hide')ble and the whole "omg they are shooting a video, there must be an album!" thing.

I wouldn't call it "burnt badly". We got a new song and video and we got Ordinary Love as part of a movie soundtrack plus live performances. I know we didn't get an album, but then again, there was no album announced. Still, it was good just having U2 back (if only for a couple of weeks). At this point, I'll be more than happy now to have ANYTHING by U2, even if it's only another song/single. The latest confirmed video shoots and U2 being in California IMO point towards album promotion, somehow I cannot imagine U2 giving us one song "only" again.

In L. A. a lot of things are coming together as someone pointed out earlier in this thread: Edge is living there and has a studio. Danger Mouse is there, U2 albums are usually mixed there, Terry has, according to his Facebook message, joined them, and the area is well known for providing locations for the band to rehearse and tape stuff.

Wait, people actually think U2 is doing something with Apple?

Huh? Based on what exactly? I've been out of the loop for a bit but... what?

Based on common sense. Actually based on probability and understanding of how the biggest company (614B$ market cap) in the world maximizes their marketing opportunities.

I don't think Apple need anything extra to increase media coverage or publicity of their next keynote as everyone knows it's going to include new iPhones and increasingly likely, a wearable of dome sort. Unless it was to announce a new album being available on iTunes the following week or something, it still seems like a (desperate) leap.

Would love to be proved wrong though.

From @U2.

Dublin officials have finally come clean about the video shoot last weekend that shut down the Samuel Beckett Bridge: It was a U2 production.

The Sunday Times has this confirmation from the Dublin City Council about what was going on:

Dublin city council has confirmed that the Samuel Beckett bridge was closed to the public last weekend for a U2 video shoot.

A senior official at the council said the bridge was inaccessible for almost all of last Sunday to enable filming on a “U2 project” but members of the rock group were not present.

You may recall the confusion that played out as some security personnel revealed that the video shoot was for U2, while others said it wasn't. Clapper boards on site listed the project name as "Summer Nights," and Mark Romanek's name was listed as director. He's worked with U2 in the past, most recently on the "Invisible" video earlier this year.

Confirmed: That Was a U2 Video Shoot in Dublin Last Weekend

I don't think Apple need anything extra to increase media coverage or publicity of their next keynote as everyone knows it's going to include new iPhones and increasingly likely, a wearable of dome sort. Unless it was to announce a new album being available on iTunes the following week or something, it still seems like a (desperate) leap.

I agree. All eyes are on Apple 9/9. I think U2 will be the "One more thing...". Also U2 want's to be in the spotlight in one of the year's biggest event's. They will get a huge audience they would not normally get. The biggest reason I think this is going to happen is the secrecy around the coming album. Apple has probably the tightest NDAs in the IT business. They're the Secret Service of the IT world when it comes to future products.

Nope. I don't deal in funny gifs of celebrities I can't stand. :tsk:

(Although I do have a Kim Kardashian gif of a compilation of her crying, because it's kind of hilarious in its obnoxiousness.)

Shame. :wink: Though I have no idea what Perry is like personality wise, so I'll take your word on that. Can't blame me for looking though.

Has there been anything from a reputable source to suggest some kind of Apple-U2 partnership being announced at this keynote..? "Here's the new iPhone, we also have a new shiny toy to wear on your wrist. I'll give all the tech bloggers in the house a few minutes to salivate. Oh, and before I forget, here's the new, um, U2 song. Yay!" This just strikes me to be some pretty epic grasping at straws by some increasingly desperate U2 fans.

Has there been anything from a reputable source to suggest some kind of Apple-U2 partnership being announced at this keynote..? "Here's the new iPhone, we also have a new shiny toy to wear on your wrist. I'll give all the tech bloggers in the house a few minutes to salivate. Oh, and before I forget, here's the new, um, U2 song. Yay!" This just strikes me to be some pretty epic grasping at straws by some increasingly desperate U2 fans.

Maybe U2 will do something with Apple on that date but not actually at the keynote venue?

Possibly a surprise mini-gig somewhere in Dublin with a live video link announcing the album...

No.

The only thing we have is a second hand report of Julian Lennon thinking they were doing something for apple, and fan speculation.

Nothing else.

Perhaps they were making a video birthday card for Chris and Gwyneth's kid.

Perhaps Julian was drunk.

Perhaps the fan made the whole thing up.

Perhaps the fan is hard of hearing and they're doing something for Snapple.

Perhaps the videos will be part of an iTunes exclusive, yet not related to the new iPhone/iWatch/iSmokeDetector whatsoever... just tossing apple a bone for helping with Invisible and all.

Or perhaps there's a big Beats roll out due next week that U2 is connected with, but not a single one of the major tech blogs has caught a sniff of.

I guess we'll find out soon enough.

the suspense isn't going to last forever, so enjoy it while you can :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom