LP13: New Improved and now Fisher-free!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How will a U2 tie-in gain Apple new clientele, at least in substantial numbers?

More importantly, why would Apple partner with U2 when there are a hundred gazillion other bands with which they could form more fruitful partnerships?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Because like Jobs, Tim Cook likes U2.

WTF!!! I started a new thread to continue the discussion and now there is another one?????? And this after I got bashed for staring a new thread.... People here are really hard to please.
I think people should be polite enough and go to the other thread which I started with the bottom of my heart. People here also have no feelings

Moderators could you explain to me why my thread was closed. It was opened just before the other one got to 1K... 5 more replies and the other thread was closed. Whats the big deal? Not nice from the mods.:angry:

WTF!!! I started a new thread to continue the discussion and now there is another one?????? And this after I got bashed for staring a new thread.... People here are really hard to please.
I think people should be polite enough and go to the other thread which I started with the bottom of my heart. People here also have no feelings

Easy tiger

you started another thread while the other was still running and < 1000 posts

your thread was locked, as a result

Not to mention that even if they could have noticed that you were trying to create the new album thread, you didn't really title it appropriately ie follow the accepted naming convention

timing is everything :wink:

Sent from my ass crack

Moderators could you explain to me why my thread was closed. It was opened just before the other one got to 1K... 5 more replies and the other thread was closed. Whats the big deal? Not nice from the mods.:angry:
My take:

A. Your thread started while the other was still active and under 1000 posts.

2. You didn't start your wtih "LP13:"...
so it wouldn't look like discussion of the upcoming 2017 release we're anticipating to folks looking for that discussion.

I love the Internet.

Because like Jobs, Tim Cook likes U2.

But that shouldn't be enough to make a rather important marketing decision from.

I want a new U2 album this year as much as everyone else here, but I really don't seen enough evidence to point to an Apple tie-in at all. U2 would do little to expand Apple to any new audiences, and Cook surely knows this. All we have is one supposed Julian Lennon quote. Apple is likely going to release something that they deem to be important, which is probably the reason for the venue change. I honestly think that a U2 tie-in would hurt Apple's brand image. As they fight to maintain the "cool factor" that allows them to maintain their obscenely high profit margins, a tie-in with a band that millennials nearly universally view as being lame dad-rockers who put out desperate-sounding music to try to be "cool" (see: Boots, Crazy) would likely do a bit to put Apple in a similar boat. This isn't 2004 anymore.

I'm equally as pissed about this. That's it. I'm going to @U2!

But that shouldn't be enough to make a rather important marketing decision from.

I want a new U2 album this year as much as everyone else here, but I really don't seen enough evidence to point to an Apple tie-in at all. U2 would do little to expand Apple to any new audiences, and Cook surely knows this. All we have is one supposed Julian Lennon quote. Apple is likely going to release something that they deem to be important, which is probably the reason for the venue change. I honestly think that a U2 tie-in would hurt Apple's brand image. As they fight to maintain the "cool factor" that allows them to maintain their obscenely high profit margins, a tie-in with a band that millennials nearly universally view as being lame dad-rockers who put out desperate-sounding music to try to be "cool" (see: Boots, Crazy) would likely do a bit to put Apple in a similar boat. This isn't 2004 anymore.

I see a tons of evidence. But with Apple no one knows before the actual date. I'm convinced U2 is involved with Apple's event, but then again I thought we would have a long period of peace in Europe.

It was likely closed because it didn't present itself as the continuation of the last thread. If you look at the archives, you'll see that the new album threads always present themselves as continuations of previous threads, and that all recent threads have started with "LP13". Your thread appeared to be a random tangent.

That's the thing: U2 new album will be only available on the new iPhone. Only.

However, if you have a Bank of America account, you can preorder the new iPhone two hours earlier.

And 10% of the sales will be reverted to Mosanto.

The meltdowns are almost as entertaining as celebrations around here so I'm looking forward to the 9th either way. :D

From @U2.

Dublin officials have finally come clean about the video shoot last weekend that shut down the Samuel Beckett Bridge: It was a U2 production.

The Sunday Times has this confirmation from the Dublin City Council about what was going on:

Dublin city council has confirmed that the Samuel Beckett bridge was closed to the public last weekend for a U2 video shoot.

A senior official at the council said the bridge was inaccessible for almost all of last Sunday to enable filming on a “U2 project” but members of the rock group were not present.

You may recall the confusion that played out as some security personnel revealed that the video shoot was for U2, while others said it wasn't. Clapper boards on site listed the project name as "Summer Nights," and Mark Romanek's name was listed as director. He's worked with U2 in the past, most recently on the "Invisible" video earlier this year.

Confirmed: That Was a U2 Video Shoot in Dublin Last Weekend

Never thought I'd say this, but there are a lot of people around here very upset today that U-2 actually did record a video last Sunday in Dublin.

To those people, sorry. Try to not have too much of a sad. :(

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom