Love & Peace should open the show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pop_mofo

Acrobat
I've been thinking about this for quite some time and i really feel that Love & Peace or else should be the opener for the show. That industrial growl as the band takes the stage would be so intense. Bono could wail acappella for the first verse and then the band could just come crashing in....I think that would just about blow the roof off.

Despite my strong opinion on this, I am almost positive that Vertigo will be the opener. It would just be nice to have something a little less obvious.

Let me know what you think.

Peace.

I think it should open too. They could do awesome things with visual effects while the intro rumbles over the arena.

I am doubtful that it will open, though. I am hoping they don't use Vertigo, but I think they will.

I was just thinking this when listening to the album last night. And for people who think the song is too out there to open a show, remember that POPMart opened with MOFO. I don't think you can challenge the audience more than that.

I'm picturing it all dark until the band crashes in, and then the whole stage lights up. Would be a nice 1-2 punch with ABOY coming later. That way they could use Vertigo to open the second set and kick things off again.

But yeah, it ain't gonna happen.

laz

lazarus said:

I'm picturing it all dark until the band crashes in, and then the whole stage lights up. Would be a nice 1-2 punch with ABOY coming later. That way they could use Vertigo to open the second set and kick things off again.

laz

That would be amazing! I always thought it should open as well!

:up: I've thought it would be a great opener for a long time, exactly the way some of you have said!

i was thinking about this as an opener yesterday while listening to it in the car on my terrible sound system. all rumbly and making my seat vibrate. awesome. :wink:

I would love to see this open the show 'Cos Vertigo is too obvious.I think the keyborad intro makes it an ideal choice. I too have visions of Bono singing alone and then the whole band crashing in.Awesome!

I dont think it will happen though I think it may open the encores as Bullet did on the last tour.

I have said a few times here I think this song will be huge live and may see the end of Bullet,well fot this tour anyway

:wink:

or bono could sing the first verse 'behind the stage'' and you only see some bono on the screens. when he sings 'lay down your treausure' he suddenly appears. indeed, it could be very cool, also with lights and video screens. they could make it very cool with that long industrial intro and do some very cool things on video.

mackemlad said:
I have said a few times here I think this song will be huge live and may see the end of Bullet,well fot this tour anyway

God, no. Keep bullet. Don't drop it. Bullet and Mysterious Ways are my favourite live U2 songs. They're the only ones that have actually impressed me with how they pull them off live.

plus i've never seen them.

there is room for both songs LAPOE & BTBS. both songs would be outstanding live. but as an opener for the vertigo tour the perfect one is LOVE AND PEACE OR ELSE...think back to ZOO TV when they opened with zoo station. that was a piece of art. i always will remember these days. generally i think they should play more rockers on this tour.

I think Desire would be a nice song to open with. Desire electric and with the Edge doing a huge shredding solo at the end....

love and peace or else will open the shows followed by vertigo with no time to breathe in the middle

I'm going for this threesome:

Love and Peace or Else
Vertigo
In Gods Country (just a dream - I would go berserk)

Not since ZooTv has U2 played more than two "new" songs in a row from the beginning.
I think they will play an old "song" as number three.

pulle28 said:
I'm going for this threesome:

Love and Peace or Else
Vertigo
In Gods Country (just a dream - I would go berserk)

Not since ZooTv has U2 played more than two "new" songs in a row from the beginning.
I think they will play an old "song" as number three.

Which, you realise, is only two tours?

Popmart: New (Mofo) --> Old (I Will Follow)
Elevation: New (Elevation) --> New (Beautiful Day)

Not much of a pattern. I'm expecting three or four new songs to open.

I think this or COBL makes more sense....Vertigo makes the opening too similar to the opening of the Elevation tour...

I don't think LAPOE would be a bad opener but imo it has too many slow moments to be the opener, LAPOE is the perfect rock song to come after 2 or 3 slower songs and start rocking again. I think Vertigo is the perfect opener cause it has the perfect amount of energy to start things, like Streets and Elevation.

I think Love And Peace Or Else would be the perfect opener. All that swagger.

I get your point Axver, but you know, patterns have to be pointed out in relation to the FEW tours they actually have been going on.

If they had been on a thousand tours, then we would be able to talk about a safe pattern.
But since that sadly is not the case, I'll keep doing my unacademic statistics.

To make it more fun: We should make a bet. I say two news songs to begin with, you say three to four.

Last edited:
pulle28 said:
I get your point Axver, but you know, patterns have to be pointed out in relation to the FEW tours they actually have been going on.

If they had been on a thousand tours, then we would be able to talk about a safe pattern.
But since that sadly is not the case, I'll keep doing my unacademic statistics.

To make it more fun: We should make a bet. I say two news songs to begin with, you say three to four.

ZooTV is the only time they have opened with more than two new songs in a row on a regular basis, that much is true. So you make a fair call when you say it will be just two. I'm willing to call up to four, though I would love an old number early. In fact, I'm convinced Streets is the greatest opener ever played.

But for argument's sake, you say two and I'll call the following three: Vertigo, All Because Of You, Miracle Drug.

You're on! Prepared to call the old song that will come third?

(I'd be predicting I Will Follow if I knew LAPOE/Vertigo was going to open.)

I say:
Let "I will follow rest". I've heard it on the last two tours.
Even though U2's not going to pay me any attention on this issue, I'll have to choose another song.
Which will be:
Beautiful day.

Alright! Well, let's hope we remember this thread in FIVE DAYS! :hyper:

bono_man2002 said:
And I'll be there to let you know....
As I'm sure a couple of other hundred will :)

You bastard. :wink: Can you tell I'm jealous? You see the first show AND more shows than me! But at least I win something: I'm travelling further!

Back
Top Bottom