Kunstmuseum Liechtenstein, Vaduz, Liechtenstein Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
we get everything when it says it's going to be on for Central, even though it's not the exact same time as Central's broadcast.

IOW, If HIMYM says it's starting at 8/7 central, we get it at 7 mountain, not 6. Cause we're special, I guess.

we get everything when it says it's going to be on for Central, even though it's not the exact same time as Central's broadcast.

IOW, If HIMYM says it's starting at 8/7 central, we get it at 7 mountain, not 6. Cause we're special, I guess.

That ... is so peculiar.

I'm going to bed

tata.png

It actually makes a lot of sense from a garnering ratings standpoint. TV is a business, after all.

Oh yeah. It just seems funny to me that the advertised central time is also the mountain broadcast time. If I were in mountain and didn't know better, I'd hear "8/7 central" and assume "OK, so it's 6 here".

Oh yeah. It just seems funny to me that the advertised central time is also the mountain broadcast time. If I were in mountain and didn't know better, I'd hear "8/7 central" and assume "OK, so it's 6 here".

Ads there probably say that it's on at 7 mountain time. Ads are different across the nation

gone for real

I agree with that potentially happening, yeah. Of course, if you grow up in the Mountain Time Zone, it becomes second nature....but if you move there as an adult, it can be confusing.

Speaking of these timezones ... what happens to Hawaii and Alaska? Are they in their own little broadcast bubbles?

Ads there probably say that it's on at 7 mountain time. Ads are different across the nation

gone for real

Nope.

8/7 Central. You just kind of learn that it's not on till 7 Mountain.

Speaking of these timezones ... what happens to Hawaii and Alaska? Are they in their own little broadcast bubbles?

More than likely. Hawaii's two hours behind Pacific Time, but who knows when things are actually broadcast with regard to the 8/7 Central thing.

Yes. They get royally screwed for Live sporting events and such, especially Hawaii.....but for network fare, things are time shifted properly. Hawaii, if memory serves, operates on the same time table that Central and Mountain do. Alaska I forget.....

I KNOW! WHich is why I'm 90% positive it's the Grammys this happens with. I can't remember, but the strangeness of the situation is what sticks in my head, so I have to believe it's the Grammys. Where's Sicy?
Not just Hawaii, but all the live award shows. Say it starts at the beginning of primetime, 8 PM EST. That's 5 PM PST, where they're actually filming it. It will air simultaneously at 7 PM CST. But it won't air until 8 PM PST, which by then it's 11 PM EST. At the very least, this lets the celebrities watch the award show on TV during the after party. (PS. No one knows when anything airs in MST)

The time difference also becomes annoying to west coast fans during airings of WTF shows like Lost. Everyone on the eastern side of the country is getting it 3 hours before they will, so they really have to avoid internet spoilers during that time window.

Not just Hawaii, but all the live award shows. Say it starts at the beginning of primetime, 8 PM EST. That's 5 PM PST, where they're actually filming it. It will air simultaneously at 7 PM CST. But it won't air until 8 PM PST, which by then it's 11 PM EST. At the very least, this lets the celebrities watch the award show on TV during the after party. (PS. No one knows when anything airs in MST)

The time difference also becomes annoying to west coast fans during airings of WTF shows like Lost. Everyone on the eastern side of the country is getting it 3 hours before they will, so they really have to avoid internet spoilers during that time window.

Trust me, West Coast people would rather have Lost on at 9pm local than 6pm local.

Yeah, my whole life whenever I hear the time something's going to be on ("Friday at 8!") I'll just hear it in my head as "Oh yeah, 7." It only gets weird when the ads start giving the central time instead, since I'm so used to just hearing the eastern one and just subtracting an hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom