Kunstmuseum Liechtenstein, Vaduz, Liechtenstein Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but the american football ones are especially weird.

As an intelligent person, you must realize that if one is familiar with them, they're not at all weird. And, if I'm being honest....signals from 3rd base coaches to batters/runners on base is a lot more bizarre than any referee/umpire hand signals.

If I were you, I'd be more gung-ho to check out a college game. The NFL is ready made for TV, but in person it can be hit or miss....but a college football crowd at any traditional football school is a great experience. As this day approaches, let me know your thoughts/destination, etc.....
obviously there's more colleges out there than memphis, but from what i've heard in the news, i don't know wtf is going on with our stadium right now. but yeah. i'm sure we could manage both anyway.

Huh. I remember asking if there was some national news on and got told nope, but let's watch Sitcom A. Perhaps asking for "national news" is what did it.

Well, the news programs will cover National and local at those hours. Of course, one can always go to CNN or Fox News or MSNBC, etc, if they want to. Not advocating for any of those options, but they do exist. Personally, I like getting my news from ITH.com.

I obviously could not care less who likes football and who does not....it's just the lame complaints (globally, Chass, not just your post) about the games running long messing with TV shows that sort of befuddles me. It's not like Live sports running long is a new phenomenon, be it football, baseball, hockey, hoops, etc.

Exactly! Why not allow an extra half hour for the game and show everything after?

If I were you, I'd be more gung-ho to check out a college game. The NFL is ready made for TV, but in person it can be hit or miss....but a college football crowd at any traditional football school is a great experience. As this day approaches, let me know your thoughts/destination, etc.....

i was thinking a college game as well would be quite crazy. for the time being, i'm a memphis tigers fan, lol. i can support a college without being a complete flake!

and katie and i seem to have pittsburgh in mind. but we'll definitely get more planning done too.

As an intelligent person, you must realize that if one is familiar with them, they're not at all weird. And, if I'm being honest....signals from 3rd base coaches to batters/runners on base is a lot more bizarre than any referee/umpire hand signals.

Good point. They just look like interpretive dance to me.

I obviously could not care less who likes football and who does not....it's just the lame complaints (globally, Chass, not just your post) about the games running long messing with TV shows that sort of befuddles me. It's not like Live sports running long is a new phenomenon, be it football, baseball, hockey, hoops, etc.
I think football gets the most flack for it because the games just last longer, and people like me get more upset when they see the guys just standing around :shrug:
The one thing that really threw me about US TV was that there didn't seem to be nightly news bulletins on the major networks. Maybe I just managed to grossly miss something, but I remember turning the TV on at 6pm and there'd be some kind of sitcom or reality show on. If I wanted news? There's a news network! Here, all the major free-to-air channels have a 30 or 60 minute news bulletin at some point between 5-7:30pm. I've habitually watched SBS's news at 6:30 for years and it kind of threw me not having something like that in the US (though I was obviously somewhat "victim" to whatever Kate's family normally watched).
Here you have the national nightly news on all the major networks at 5:30 PM (6:30 EST), and then local news later at 10/11 E (see what I did there?)

Actually, our evening programming, on the NBC affiliate anyway, goes: 5 PM: local news, 5:30 PM: national news (Brian Williams :love: ), 6 PM: local news again, 6:30 PM: Wheel of Fortune, 7 PM: Primetime!

Exactly! Why not allow an extra half hour for the game and show everything after?

Because sometimes the games run to time. And, why would anyone want 30 minutes between marquee Live programming and marquee taped product? Why give people 30 minutes to flip the channel. Makes zero sense.

Huh. I remember asking if there was some national news on and got told nope, but let's watch Sitcom A. Perhaps asking for "national news" is what did it.
probably. either that or they didn't want to watch it, so they lied. i guess i'm weird in that if someone, a guest in my home, wanted to watch the national news, i'd let them. if it aired at the same time as my favourite show i'd try to come up with a compromise, but...yeah. who knows.

i've been to people's homes where i get to sit and watch judge judy for hours on end without being asked what i want to watch. people are odd.

Well, the news programs will cover National and local at those hours. Of course, one can always go to CNN or Fox News or MSNBC, etc, if they want to. Not advocating for any of those options, but they do exist. Personally, I like getting my news from ITH.com.

Yeah, that's what Kate's family said when I asked for news, they suggested I put on CNN or Fox News. I managed to be left under the impression that the regular networks were just showing sitcoms and what-have-you with no news broadcasts.

Well, glad that's wrong. I'll remember that for next time, since I quite enjoy the nightly news.

obviously there's more colleges out there than memphis, but from what i've heard in the news, i don't know wtf is going on with our stadium right now. but yeah. i'm sure we could manage both anyway.

as best i could tell it's fine to stay open for tigers football, but they need to make it wheelchair accessible in like a year or so.

or something. i don't think it'll encourage bands or whatever to memphis, but it shouldn't screw up the regular tenant.

plus, i drooled all over the liberty bowl when we were there.

probably. either that or they didn't want to watch it, so they lied. i guess i'm weird in that if someone, a guest in my home, wanted to watch the national news, i'd let them. if it aired at the same time as my favourite show i'd try to come up with a compromise, but...yeah. who knows.

exactly, anything else would be strange. or a poor attempt at being a host.

i was thinking a college game as well would be quite crazy. for the time being, i'm a memphis tigers fan, lol. i can support a college without being a complete flake!

and katie and i seem to have pittsburgh in mind. but we'll definitely get more planning done too.
lmao.

Go to Knoxville or go down to 'Bama or Georgia, etc......
oh, exactly. georgia could work because we did discuss atlanta. georgia, not germany. though there's a long time between now and november, plenty of time to plan. but i intend to take ian on the biggest road trip ever and show him as much of the country as he wants to see in the amount of time we have.

Because sometimes the games run to time. And, why would anyone want 30 minutes between marquee Live programming and marquee taped product? Why give people 30 minutes to flip the channel. Makes zero sense.

I can see that, but when they're joining a program "already in progress", especially when you're DVRing stuff, is annoying.

I can see that, but when they're joining a program "already in progress", especially when you're DVRing stuff, is annoying.

They don't join network programming in progress after NFL Football. CBS, one of the two NFL rights holders that shows games in the early Sunday windows, shows 60 minutes right after their 4pm ET games. They do not JIP the program, they time shift and show it in full.

But, yes, if you DVR, you might get screwed. But, if you have time to bitch about it, you have time to extend your record window.

as best i could tell it's fine to stay open for tigers football, but they need to make it wheelchair accessible in like a year or so.

or something. i don't think it'll encourage bands or whatever to memphis, but it shouldn't screw up the regular tenant.

plus, i drooled all over the liberty bowl when we were there.
how sad, you know more about it than me.

ooh, it's lovely. sadly i have no photos from when i saw U2 there (i saw "no pictures" on the ticket and assumed they'd confiscate my camera, hahahahahaha) but yeah, you've seen the outside. the inside is awesome too.

exactly, anything else would be strange. or a poor attempt at being a host.
exactly.

haha, i just figured i was being ignorant or i forgot you mentioned you were fluent in german. oops.

They don't join network programming in progress after NFL Football. CBS, one of the two NFL rights holders that shows games in the early Sunday windows, shows 60 minutes right after their 4pm ET games. They do not JIP the program, they time shift and show it in full.

But, yes, if you DVR, you might get screwed. But, if you have time to bitch about it, you have time to extend your record window.

My FOX affliliate msut be retarded then. They JIP House after Presidential addresses and Breaking News all the damn time. It's annoying. The other Big 3 broadcast like sane networks.

you mean potentially several years?
have i shown you the road trips i'd planned? of course now i need to factor in the east too since you haven't been there, but...yeah. the entire west coast and new england, in three trips. craziness.

I just want you to experience a crazy football atmosphere. The SEC schools are tradition laden. The South sucks a lot of ass, but they do CFB right.
oh god, i've never been to a game, but knowing how sec fans are, i can only imagine. i would love to be a part of that and see a game. college football is something i've never really gotten into but would like to.

My FOX affliliate msut be retarded then. They JIP House after Presidential addresses and Breaking News all the damn time. It's annoying. The other Big 3 broadcast like sane networks.

It actually does not surprise me to hear that they do it after breaking news or Presidential addresses....do not agree with it, but not a shock. What would be a shock is if they did it after football. The lead-in is insane, you want to take advantage of that, not show them a show that has started already.

i've been to people's homes where i get to sit and watch judge judy for hours on end without being asked what i want to watch. people are odd.

Ha, probably. Kate and her brother were certainly far more interested in watching re-runs of Seinfeld than some nightly news show. Not that I think she lied, just she must've been economical with the truth.

Honestly, when people visit me, I rarely even have the TV on. If we do, we usually get caught up in talking and start to wonder what the hell has come on TV, since what we did like has finished and now it's ... Coronation Street or something godawful like that.

:wave: Evening.

Just stopping by. I don't have anything particularly interesting to talk about, but I didn't want to miss the Kunstmuseum thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom