Kunstmuseum Liechtenstein, Vaduz, Liechtenstein Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Khan, I live in South Bend and Chicago's broadcast areas, Chicago is Central, South Bend is Eastern, and I don't know if it's because my cable provider is located in Michigan City, which is Central or what, but Chicago NBC and South Bend NBC (for example) show the same programming at the same time.

Don't know if that helps.

oh, i know what you mean.

i was just being assish about how everything is focused on the eastern timezone here.
hey now. they do briefly mention the central time zone afterwards. watch the all new how i met your mother mondays at 8 pm! (7 central)

Khan, I live in South Bend and Chicago's broadcast areas, Chicago is Central, South Bend is Eastern, and I don't know if it's because my cable provider is located in Michigan City, which is Central or what, but Chicago NBC and South Bend NBC (for example) show the same programming at the same time.

Don't know if that helps.
holy cow...whoa.

Nobody cares about mountain or Pacific?

Well, here's the really weird thing. mountain gets HIMYM at 7 PM, same time period , but not the exact same time. Pacific? Who the fuck knows? Ask Sicy.

I have a feeling Kate explained this to me when I was there. The broadcast's different or something? Since a show at 8pm eastern would be only 5pm Pacific. I recall some threads here about U2 broadcasts where Pacific people were watching it a couple of hours later than eastern people, going by real time.

i'd rather be in the eastern or central timezone anyway.

If I had to live in the US, I'd want to be in eastern or Pacific, since I think the only places I could stand there are New England and the northwest.

But I think the idea of me living in the US would make for a good sitcom and little else.

I have a feeling Kate explained this to me when I was there. The broadcast's different or something? Since a show at 8pm eastern would be only 5pm Pacific. I recall some threads here about U2 broadcasts where Pacific people were watching it a couple of hours later than eastern people, going by real time.

Yes, broadcasts for Pacific time may in fact be aired later in the evening than they would in the rest of the nation. In fact, I think a few live events, like the Grammys, are not shown live in the Pacific time zone, because they would start at like 5 PM, if they were.

When I was in San Diego, it blew my mind seeing the Price is Right on (according to my watch) 1Pm, because that show comes on at like 10 AM, but, it comes on later in Pacific time because, nobody wants to watch The Price is Right at 7 AM

Yes, broadcasts for Pacific time may in fact be aired later in the evening than they would in the rest of the nation. In fact, I think a few live events, like the Grammys, are not shown live in the Pacific time zone, because they would start at like 5 PM, if they were.

When I was in San Diego, it blew my mind seeing the Price is Right on (according to my watch) 1Pm, because that show comes on at like 10 AM, but, it comes on later in Pacific time because, nobody wants to watch The Price is Right at 7 AM

There's local news and the CBS early show n such on at 7, so they shift TPIR to after that.

If I had to live in the US, I'd want to be in eastern or Pacific, since I think the only places I could stand there are New England and the northwest.

But I think the idea of me living in the US would make for a good sitcom and little else.
yeah, when i was mentioning something like this to khan, i said that anyway south of portland on the west coast doesn't do it for me, neither does too much across the middle, until you memphis, going directly east. then it starts to get good.

Haha, that's hilarious with the Grammys, given it's happening IN LOS ANGELES.

What happens with Mountain? I suppose Reggo knows. Is it the Pacific broadcast, an hour ahead, or the eastern broadcast, two hours behind?

New York would be interesting, but I think I'd rather live in Berkeley.

There's local news and the CBS early show n such on at 7, so they shift TPIR to after that.

What I meant is, if they were to show TPIR at the same time everywhere in the US, then it would be on at 7, and obviously, yes, that would screw with the news and such.

yeah, when i was mentioning something like this to khan, i said that anyway south of portland on the west coast doesn't do it for me, neither does too much across the middle, until you memphis, going directly east. then it starts to get good.

I'd say you'd need to be a damn sight north of Memphis. I don't know how educated people survive in the South. (Bad stereotype, I know. But ... ugh. It's like Queensland, but with more religion!)

What happens with Mountain? I suppose Reggo knows. Is it the Pacific broadcast, an hour ahead, or the eastern broadcast, two hours behind?

I already 'splained this:

Well, here's the really weird thing. mountain gets HIMYM at 7 PM, same time period , but not the exact same time.

I KNOW! WHich is why I'm 90% positive it's the Grammys this happens with. I can't remember, but the strangeness of the situation is what sticks in my head, so I have to believe it's the Grammys. Where's Sicy?

What I meant is, if they were to show TPIR at the same time everywhere in the US, then it would be on at 7, and obviously, yes, that would screw with the news and such.

TPIR is on here at 9.

I'd say you'd need to be a damn sight north of Memphis. I don't know how educated people survive in the South. (Bad stereotype, I know. But ... ugh. It's like Queensland, but with more religion!)

i meant if you were running a ruler held directly norf/south across a map, approximately. memphis is largely civilised and has a certain charm to it, except they stopped any public works the day i was born.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom