Kidz on Floor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Quiet1

The Fly
Hey

A lot of you had concerns about young children on the floor after some of the Van 2 posts and wanted advice.

I don't think I would take my grands on the floor again unless I wamted to plan ahead and make a vigilint effort to protect them, ie, spend the show worried about some of the "concert goers" that come out to any show in town.

As I said before, we , wrongly suppossed that the majority of folks on the floor would be respectful FANS. We did expect some crowd surges as per the band coming closer to where we stood and did have the 6 and 9 yr old in front of us with our selves braced against the rail;however the 9 yr old was pulled out and placed in the sound pit {thanx u2 crew!} as she and her dad were infront of some especially aggressive people. The 6 year old , whose mom was sheilding her, faired a little better though she was stiff the next day.

In sum anyone not wanting to risk injury or severe distraction at the least, go with seats.

Hope this helped.

When my 10 year old heard his dad wasn't going to go with me to Toronto he wanted to know if he could take the extra GA. Then I explained that he would have to stand in a line, and then stand for the show. "I don't think so, Mom. Even for U2. You have to prop me up during church."

I would love for him to see U2. I might try to get him a ticket (seat) for Buffalo.

:dance: :dance:

Hey , thats a cute story.

My Grands loved the line up and were helping with the nomber list. They are comletely into the band of their own accord, ie they got theitr exposure to the band from us , but they clearly seem more interested in U2 musically and as people.

For example, my 15 month old grandson wakes up in the morning signing like most babes, whats different is that he is doing edge's part in vertigo," ohhh oh oh oh oh ohhhh oh oh oh..."

If the music channel is on and he hears ANY song from vertigo he stops , watches then starts dancing blissfully.

I even tried seeing what reaction i could get from playing some of the first albums . From Boy to the Tree the boy knows his U2 ignoring the other tunes in the mix, i mean he loves music and will react to most;however its the U2 that catches his ear.

3 generations of U2 fanatics, oh my...

Well my seven year old will be in GA at Madrid in August and who beside anyone who shoves her!!:mad:

I have been to loads of European gigs where there have been young children and its never been a problem and I cant see it being any different this time.

But thanks for the heads up we will be very careful!

Last edited:
Yeah, there are plenty of shitbags in the GA audience. Ran into a nasty bitch in Seattle who continually rammed her body into my friend and his girlfriend while spewing an endless torrent of abuse. Of course, my friend held his ground, protected his girlfriend and did his best to ignore her.

It's so hard when your natural reaction is take the bitch, plant her ass on the ground, and then stomp her fucking face in. We talked for a good hour after the show about how pleasurable it would've been to see her coughing up bloody chunks of teeth.

Watch out for these types. Unless security happens to be looking, you're on your own.

See thats exactly the problem, agression leading to agression and retaliation. though I know most of us would not want to do violence to our abusers as the first recourse, we all have our healthy fantasies about putting these people straight. Sad thing is that these folks cannot simply be ignored, require a response / defense, and that means watching out for your self rather than enjoying the music. Any one have any solutions, ie, should we ask Principal Management (U2's Team) to speak to the matter directly by working with venue security and public relations? Any ideas?

Honestly, I think your better off working directly with security for the venue. You could contact PM, but I am sure they would say that how security is handled is the discretion of the venue.

I was debating myself to get GA's or not to - because I was taking my 9 year old daughter. Pro's - I would be in GA, Cons - She would probally not be able to see, She would tolerate the wait in line, and we would have to get there early.

So Con's outwayed it for me. :| But I get to share the night with my daughter and she will be in a seat happy - that is priceless.

I got easily and cheaply 2 GA's for the Nov. 2 at staples (prop pre-sale). Now my nephew's b-day is also that day. I still don't know whether to take him or not. I think it would be an AWESOME experience but yet I'm also weighing the pros and cons. what to do.:eyebrow:

If they are short, they won't have a good time. Like the lady behind me last nite. Had the balls to ask me to move. I told her to sit in the reserved area. I don't think she was 5 ft tall. Why bother with GA when you know you will have a problem seeing?

This group of 14 year-olds thought it would be cool to violently rush the stage (btw, we were outside the ellipse) as soon as the lights went down for City of Blinding Lights. They ended up with a better spot than many of the people who had waited all day in line.

I'm bringing my younger sisters, age 10 and 11, to to the show in Cleveland, so I wouldn't worry about a thing. Just stand back from the throngs of masses of people, and you'll be fine! :)

Bono's Tart said:
Well my seven year old will be in GA at Madrid in August and who beside anyone who shoves her!!:mad:

I have been to loads of European gigs where there have been young children and its never been a problem and I cant see it being any different this time.

But thanks for the heads up we will be very careful!

We are going to be at the Barcelona concert August 7. My two and a half year old daughter is traveling with us, it would be great to take her into the concert, but we did'nt buy a ticket for her. Her Grandmother will be taking care of her that evening. She's crazy about U2, knows the lyrics to at least 10 songs, talks about Bono and Edge constantly, calls her sunglasses "Bono Glasses" -- oh, and by the way, Vertigo she calls "Hello Bono".

Anyway, two questions, in Europe do infants have to have a ticket? (I don't suppose it's like the trains where they travel for free?)

In Seattle I saw children as young as three (with ear plugs of course). We figured we would wait until the next tour when she will be about six or seven years old. We have reserved seating (up close). Any advice on so young a child at a U2 concert?

Lastly, we were at Vancouver 2, but my wife and I were in the Nose Bleeds behind the stage, we had no idea how rough it was getting down there.

Im taking my 2 children, who are 15 & 11 to see the bhoys in Glasgow, Scotland but I decided to get seats for us as I remember a few concerts when it was really bad standing and my worse experience was Joshua Tree and the amount of ppl that were carried over to the crowd was unbelievable. My kids have been fans basically since they were born (all my fault) so I thought it was the perfect opportunity for them to see the other side of mum and for me to experience the love of my musical life (U2) with the loves of my whole life - sickly I know but true.

Ann

I have an 8 yr old daughter who loves U2 but I told her she has to wait till next tour (please God!) to go and even then I would get seats for her. I would spend the whole time worrying about her welfare and wouldn't be able to enjoy the show myself. Besides she'd still be too short to really see from the floor. I'm 5' 5" and if you get some tall man in front of you I can't see!

I think kids do things too early these days. There's no reason in my opinion for such young kids to go to concerts. Maybe I'm old fashioned but kids grow up too soon these days.

Quiet1.... I think it was me that stood next to you guys at the show. (I stood next to the Dad and the little girl... I got the pick from Dallas) If you are the family next to me... I felt sooo bad for you guys. That was such a rough show and normally GA isn't so bad. I'm glad to hear your kids are ok. Greg the security guard was sooo nice and really great. We saw him after the show and got to thank him and his brother.
If parents want their kids to go, that is okay. Personally after Vancouver I think I would get seats which is a shame as I always thought U2 shows were so fun on the floor but one bad show and my mind is changed.

Lewis12 said:

talks about Bono and Edge constantly, calls her sunglasses "Bono Glasses" -- oh, and by the way, Vertigo she calls "Hello Bono".
:cute: Too cute.

I know just what you are saying Lewis12!!

My daughter was trying on a straw stetson hat (the only people who look good in these are 8 year olds Bono take note!!) ready for the gig and was telling the shop assistant
"I love this hat and I really need one as I am going to be dancing with Bono in Madrid!!"

She then went on to tell everyone in the shop that I know Bono (oh how I wish!!!) and that he knows us as his Hull girls!! That bits true though!!
The look on the assistants face was priceless!!

I think we have taught them well! :wink:

I would totally recommend it. We (dad and 11 yr old boy) got into the ellipse in Seattle, and some of you know what happened then :wink: , but if we didn't we would have been fine at the back of GA. There is no sense trying to get up front with kids - you'll be miserable. The benefit of either "in or out" of the ellipse means you don't have to wait in line all day. We got there around 7:30. Since we got in, that was perfect. If we didn;t, we would have hung out at the back by the sound board, and maybe gotten a little lift from the risers there. Take the kids - U2 is all about family.

PopMartian33107 said:
I'm bringing my younger sisters, age 10 and 11, to to the show in Cleveland, so I wouldn't worry about a thing. Just stand back from the throngs of masses of people, and you'll be fine! :)

Yeah, IMO the area around the soundboard is the best. Plenty of room, great view, and you don't have to deal with the a**holes that invariably show up.

Back
Top Bottom