Kanye West discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
GOOD Fridays is returning?!

Azt12ry.png

The first GOOD Friday release was three months before the release of MBDTF, so...

HtMO4fK.gif

Last edited:
New track Real Friends is on his website. It's moody and contemplative and very much in line with Only One. I can kind of hear an album starting to form.

And if you let it roll a few seconds longer it becomes A KENDRICK AND MADLB COLLABORATION HOLY FUCK

Last edited:
I still can't get over Kanye, Kendrick and Madlib working on a track together. This is way too much, I need a moment.

New track Real Friends is on his website. It's moody and contemplative and very much in line with Only One. I can kind of hear an album starting to form.

I like this track. It reminds me a lot of something else I can't quite put my finger on - I'm thinking Andy Stott or Actress in the instrumentation maybe?

What kanye actually rapping? :wink:

Anyway, I've been underwhelmed with basically everything kanye drop this past year but this the first I've been impressed.

It's like him going hard on a dark version of a College Dropout beat, about 30 vintage, classic lines AND rapping laps around KDot. It's a phenomenal track.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I'm more impressed by the lyricism than the flow itself, actually. It sounded like a first or second take to me, you can hear him switch his flow around a number of times, like he's trying to get comfortable with the beat. Considering how quickly he supposedly wrote his verse, that's probably what happened.

I wouldn't be surprised if the final version has a different take, assuming it winds up on the album.

I wish that Motown-ish intro stuck around longer. I would love to hear him play with those sounds more often, as he does it really well.

^ it's a Madlib beat. But yeah, that intro is real nice.

I really dig this track, been listening to it several times a day at work since it dropped.

Looking at what we actually have available to us, I'm pretty sure this will be a great album. What's been released from Fade is pretty awful, but No More Parties, Real Friends and Wolves are all top tier Kanye tracks.

Back
Top Bottom