Kanye West discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
After hearing he's gonna perform all of 808s at the Hollywood Bowl, my first thought was that I'm now worried he's falling into a "greatest hits" mindset. Instead of pushing boundaries, it looks like he's taking stock of his influence so far and commenting on it. I'm not quite sure it will lead to better music, unfortunatley.

Then again, I was also worried about his output quality when Cruel Summer came out, and look what happened next.

I watched clips of Taylor Swift presenting the "Video Vanguard" award to Kanye, and his subsequent acceptance speech. For a guy who supposedly never smiles, he seemed to be having a good time, and a sense of humor about himself.

The speech was heartfelt and reflective and he even seemed to be getting choked up a bit. Plus he calls out MTV for being self-serving and exploitative.

Phenomenal stuff.

Was on the train home with two girls who attended the VMAs, they spent a good portion of the trip complaining about his speech.

Kanye's problem is more that he can't accept it when he doesn't win a award.
He probably reckons he should also get awards for the best bluegrass album of the decade, the best mathcore album of the century and the best female vocal jazz performance ever.

If you're at all interested in listening to the Devil in a New Dress instrumental for 10 minutes, you'll love this:

It's about the closest we're getting to a Classic Albums series entry for MBDTF.

I was listening to Graduation (because I get Stronger in my head all the time) but I've stopped for that. My favourite Kanye track). Lol that's a fucking white dude but one of my fav things about Devil in a New Dress is that he built a 6+ minute track out of like five seconds of sampling. Amazing.

But back to Stronger - can I get an amen for that song? I've heard it god knows how many times and I still love it more than when I first heard it. The beat, the vocals, the lyrics, the samples, I love the whole thing a great deal.

At least Drunk and Hot Girls samples Can. That gives it a pass for me.

Sent from my H60-L04 using U2 Interference mobile app

Well it's finally happened, a Kanye interview I don't like. He's praised Ben Carson and pretty much confirmed there's no chance we'll see a new album this year.

What
Did you think he would want Bernie 'tax the rich'
or Carson flat tax for the rich benefit
Kanye from day one, has only ever been about Kanye. Nothing new here.

Well it's finally happened, a Kanye interview I don't like. He's praised Ben Carson and pretty much confirmed there's no chance we'll see a new album this year.

Honestly I wouldn't worry about it because he said that he would surprise release the album. Secondly when Beyoncé last album came her team reportedly said she was delaying the album/she didn't like the songs on the album then the rest was history. So basically don't keep your eyes open :shifty:

Or he's waiting until Adele release her album :wink:

Back
Top Bottom