Just heard Kite live in Syndey for the first time.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Any other good shows you'd like to recommend? I love to listens to the concerts. I'm actually downloading the Hawaii show right now.

All of the Australian versions of Kite I've heard are fantastic.

Hearing it live... I still remember the power. :drool:

Any other good shows you'd like to recommend? I love to listens to the concerts. I'm actually downloading the Hawaii show right now.

Vertigo Tour - Saitama, Vancouver
Popmart - Leeds, Mannheim, Washington
Zoo TV - Milano, Rotterdam, Tacoma

how does it enhance it? he's kissing up to some celebrity

You do realize when you're a celebrity, your only friends tend to be people that relate to your world, yes? In other words, other celebrities. He wasn't kissing up to "some celebrity", he was dedicating a song to his friend.

You do realize when you're a celebrity, your only friends tend to be people that relate to your world, yes? In other words, other celebrities. He wasn't kissing up to "some celebrity", he was dedicating a song to his friend.

agreed. None of us really know the story behind this, maybe she talked to him before the show about this song, maybe it's her favourite, maybe it has some sort of significance to her that she mentioned to Bono.

Who knows but to accuse Bono of all people of "kissing up" to celebrities is pretty weak, it's the other way around if you ask me.

see what you guys are saying...........still dont know how the shout out enhances the performance

see what you guys are saying...........still dont know how the shout out enhances the performance

I don't think it enhances the performance, I don't think it really detracts from it either though, it just is what it is...

I will admit to finding it a little distracting the first couple of times I listened to it but it doesn’t bother me anymore.

BC, will you have a sign asking to be the guest didgeridoo-ist?

Here's an idea for your sign? "U2, shall WE didgeri-DO Kite together?

Not that you play the thing but if you do, it'd be pretty funny.

:lol: That's funny. :shifty: And actually I have bought one, but it was for my brother for his birthday. He was playing pretty nice too until he moved and afterward the movers told him they were sorry that wax must have melted onto his item during the move so they SCRAPED IT ALL OFF FOR HIM. :doh:

:lol: That's funny. :shifty: And actually I have bought one, but it was for my brother for his birthday. He was playing pretty nice too until he moved and afterward the movers told him they were sorry that wax must have melted onto his item during the move so they SCRAPED IT ALL OFF FOR HIM. :doh:

Where did you get it? I can't imagine there would be that many Australian souvenir shops where you happen to live. ;)

Where did you get it? I can't imagine there would be that many Australian souvenir shops where you happen to live. ;)

Ebay! It was years ago but there was a seller that imported Australian musical instruments. They were really nice and the prices were not bad I remember at the time, though I haven't a clue anymore what I paid. We actually do have some Australian stores here in San Diego, California though. I have 2 Australian friends (they work here in the US on temp visas.) They know a few secret places that they go to get stuff from home. There's also an Australian pub right around the corner from where we work. They liked it, though I have been meaning to go there myself.

I got the WitS ( Blech!) single because I heard the performance of Kite was good.

Good God man it's insane. Kite has always been my favorite U2 song but this is just insane. That guitar solo. The bass... everything about this is amazing. They need to play this thing more. Good lord. Probably my favorite U2 performance ever.

what is the Wits single?

Back
Top Bottom