Just got back from dress rehearsal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ooh, ooh...seeing that photo I have a question of vital importance... :wink: Did Bono wear his shades the whole show? Have a feeling I won't like this answer, please say no...

Actually if someone would like to give a full fashion report, please do. :)

The love the fact that I am reading the same thing from everyone that saw this show.

Regardless of their thoughts on the album version of Love and Peace or Else, this song just kicks ass live. This is a feeling I had when I first heard the album track. I have read 3 people now who have posted about this being a stand out live.

I'm gonna shit now! :up:

i got scared, i saw fire fighters behind bono and had images of half naked firemen wiggling hoses between their legs.

damn that sweetest thing video. it scarred me for life.

To me, the ramp does not look bigger than the Elevation heart - but atU2 claims that it can hold more people. It's hard to tell because the LA Sports Arena is really a small venue compared to the modern arenas of today.

How was this different version of Yahweh without the drums? I am a big fan of the song, but can not imagine it without the drums. Especially with the "yahwehs."

It kind of reminds me of how they did "Wild Honey" on the last tour - just acoustic guitars. Imagine the band doing "Yahweh" on a b-stage....except there's no b-stage. It's odd seeing Larry play the organ - but the keyboard backing is crucial. At one point during the song, Bono looked at Edge and asked, "Should this be faster?" - the song is not completely sans drums. Towards the end, Larry went back to his kit and did some drumming to finish the song.

Eliv8 said:
What was the song they played before they came on stage?
It was them but I have never heard it b4

Have you heard Mercy?

This may sound bizarre - but I don't recall if Bono was wearing shades or not - I don't think so, but I can't say for certain (which is weird because I was watching the guy for two straight hours). I believe he was wearing a black jacket at the beginning - but took the jacket off two thirds of the way through. The rest of show was just black t-shirt and black pants.

I have one question - how did Bono's singing of An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart compare to early versions? I'm trying to imagine present day Bono singing those songs and not having much luck ...

Axver said:
I have one question - how did Bono's singing of An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart compare to early versions? I'm trying to imagine present day Bono singing those songs and not having much luck ...

I was wondering that too. That can't really be answer with words though.

MUST....GET.....BOOT....

Everything sounded great - there were a couple of misshaps but no songs started over (no such luck) - Im sure he incorporated 'Send in the clowns'

namkcuR said:

I was wondering that too. That can't really be answer with words though.

MUST....GET.....BOOT....

I'm afraid there may not be a bootleg ...

boriel said:
echoing someone else...what was he wearing? bono i mean..and shades or no shades? watch? rosary? other jewelry? thanks. great report!

He wore red tinted shades for about the first hour or so. And then I am pretty sure he took them off. He was wearing a watch when he first came on stage and he took it off and threw it to John during City of Blinding Lights.

It's hard to compare - partially because I rarely listen to bootlegs from '82 and earlier. Although his singing voice now is certainly deeper than twenty-some odd yrs ago, he actually sounded great on the two songs. It's Edge's guitar on them that really takes me back.

Should be interesting to hear the old songs on Monday then!

And the human rights video - what was that like? Apparently it came between RTSS and Zoo Station - how did that work?

LuminousTimes said:

He wore red tinted shades for about the first hour or so. And then I am pretty sure he took them off. He was wearing a watch when he first came on stage and he took it off and threw it to John during City of Blinding Lights.

thanks! one more question..anything white on his wrist?

(dying from envy, btw :D )

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom