June 4th, 2011 - Qwest Field - Seattle, WA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Diana, it looks like there is a Beard Papa's Cream Puff place there. Ask Lila about that. We found one in LA's Japantown when we visited and took Lila and Maddy out to it.

If any of you are into Chinese baked goods (which you should be because they are delicious), my friend tells me A Piece of Cake in the International District (looks to be a few blocks from Qwest) is the place to go, if you find yourself in need of some tasty, tasty sugar/carbs to get you through the day. :drool:

Okay, a parking update:

For those of you I've told about the free parking along Utah Avenue? Be forewarned - it's not a great idea to park overnight. A friend who works in the Transportation department here said that they've had a lot more issues than they used to with homeless people breaking car windows and stuff.

So, that changes my plan a little, as I was going to leave my car there for almost two days. But he said that if you're showing up in daylight (i.e., very early on Saturday morning), it'll probably be fine. It's not such an issue during the day, and after the show there will be tons of people around, so it should be fine if you're just going to park there that day and leave after the show.

Also! Starbucks HQ will have parking for $20 or so in one of the two garages for the show. They're likely not going to have it open early enough that us GAers can park there, but for anyone coming later in the afternoon or the evening, you should be able to park there. No idea how fast it might fill up - it's at least 4 floors, I think.

by the way... I get to check in for my flight tomorrow at 6:30 a.m. :hyper:
Anxious, but

:hyper:

Is that an option for you? I know that I love having my USC pass for events at the Coliseum. Saves me $25.

It helps to have a friend-slash-ex-boyfriend as the Transportation Guy here. He's going to get me a pass. :shifty:

It'll mean a little bit longer of a walk to go and schlep chairs and blankets from my car, but as long as I have some folks to help me, it's not bad. It's about a 10-minute walk from the garage to Qwest. Maybe 15 around to the GA line. ;)

Or, if it works out, once we get into line on Saturday morning, I can go bring my car to the hotel or as close as I can get to the stadium, unload everything, and then go drive it back.

And then we can stash stuff in the various hotel rooms when it's time to put stuff away, which will save time.

It'll work out fine. :)

I'm a fussy eater when traveling. Too much fried food and grease ain't good for joyfulgirl in GA.

You should be able to find plenty to suit you in the neighborhood. This is a great spot for the stadium to be in relation to hotels and restaurants. :)

It helps to have a friend-slash-ex-boyfriend as the Transportation Guy here. He's going to get me a pass. :shifty:

It'll mean a little bit longer of a walk to go and schlep chairs and blankets from my car, but as long as I have some folks to help me, it's not bad. It's about a 10-minute walk from the garage to Qwest. Maybe 15 around to the GA line. ;)

Or, if it works out, once we get into line on Saturday morning, I can go bring my car to the hotel or as close as I can get to the stadium, unload everything, and then go drive it back.

And then we can stash stuff in the various hotel rooms when it's time to put stuff away, which will save time.

It'll work out fine. :)

Nice. :up:

I land at 8:35 a.m.

That's early. :crack::crazy:

Jeannie, or anyone else that might be interested in taking advantage of paid parking at Starbucks, it sounds like they'll have it open for business around 2 in the afternoon, as they're going to wait until the ball game starts (so they don't have confusion over who's parking there for the game and who's there for the concert).

Cars will have to be out by midnight or be subject to towing (although if the show runs late or something, I'm sure they'll figure something out).

Wow... that was a lot of pages to catch up on!!

SO... IS ANYONE EXCITED FOR THIS???? :D love: :D :hyper: :D :hyper:

I can't wait to meet ya'll, swish down a pint and chillin in the GA line.. I am totally trying to contain myself but am finding the anxiety is almost overwhelming... but, I know I will be at ease as soon as I see the claw, a yummy beer, and here the soundcheck... I remember in the GA line in BC when they did the soundcheck, everyone got quiet.... then you could see the excitement well up on everyone's faces... CAN NOT WAIT....
:wink:

HEY cori... how far again is Starbucks from say... the NE CORNER of the stadium? If the worse happens and I am coming up alone from Portland, I am going to find the closest parking there that I can find....

thanks for all your recon!
:applaud:

does Starbucks taste better in Seattle? Just curious :p

EDIT: CRAP. This is how I use my 5,00th post.:doh::doh:

I'd say it's about a 10-minute walk to Qwest from Starbucks, and add another 5 minutes to get around to the NE side. That's about how long it takes me, and I walk pretty quickly.

I'll try and time it tomorrow or Thursday, just for fun. Plus, it gives me an excuse to run down there and see how our baby is coming along. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom