June 27, 2010 TCF Stadium, Minneapolis, MN

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
would it make you feel better if i just flew up there and kept you company?

would it make you feel better if i just flew up there and kept you company?

Maybe. :shifty:

I have a college friend I'm going to try and see, and my parents will come to pick me up on Sunday, but worst case scenario, I can always have them come get me on Saturday instead.

I'm glad I booked at the University Inn over the phone - 24 hour cancellation policy, so I still have time to decide what to do!

i kept checking the rates every couple of days up until last friday.

glad it never dropped to a number that made me think about booking

Quite sad about not seeing them this year too, but...well, if anyone's interested in maybe roadtripping to multiple shows next year, now's a great time to start planning. ;)

Maybe. :shifty:

I have a college friend I'm going to try and see, and my parents will come to pick me up on Sunday, but worst case scenario, I can always have them come get me on Saturday instead.

I'm glad I booked at the University Inn over the phone - 24 hour cancellation policy, so I still have time to decide what to do!

not sure if I'll be around now. Since I took Sat-Mon off at both of my jobs I might try to convince my friends into going on a mini road trip. It's no U2 concert I want to make the best of my time off!

Dear mom and dad: please pick me up in Minneapolis on Saturday afternoon.

Love,

Sad Cori

:sad:

:wink:

Oh well. Next year!

I am going to Minni next week, and I know there is construction going on. Could anyone let me know what I have to avoid? Thanks!

I am going to Minni next week, and I know there is construction going on. Could anyone let me know what I have to avoid? Thanks!

Just be aware of the construction in south Minneapolis at the 35W/Crosstown Hwy 62 interchange, it's not that it is super-congested, but the signs are a little wacky and change week to week. Take it slow.

There's probably more, but I can't think of anything else right now.

Also, if you are heading to downtown Mpls., check to see if there is a Twins game, that will mess up traffic, too. I know the Twins are home for some of next week.
(I however will be on my original U2/work itinerary--Anaheim to Miami to Vegas.)

Mark

Thanks Mark!

We are staying by the Mall, and taking the light rail into Minni. I have been there numerous times, but never with construction. I am sure we will get lost :lol:

If you think of anything else I should avoid, let me know!

There's probably no construction impacting the light rail. ;)

(the construction on 62 is the only one I know about too.)

Whatcha gonna do here, Canada? :) Mall? Outdoors? Baseball?

Oh wait, there IS a lot of construction in downtown. Some of the streets are all torn up. But again, if you're taking the light rail, walking past it is easy.

There's probably no construction impacting the light rail. ;)

(the construction on 62 is the only one I know about too.)

Whatcha gonna do here, Canada? :) Mall? Outdoors? Baseball?

Mall...My daughter is turning 10 and instead of a party, she wanted to go to the Mall of America, and to go into downtown Minni because she has never seen a skyscraper. The tallest building where we live is maybe 15 stories..:laugh:

I am worried about driving in and getting to the Mall. We are staying in Bloomington. We will just take the light rail from the Mall to Minni. :sexywink:

Well, that'll be fun. You guys going to go on the rides? Or to the aquarium? They *might* still have some deal that gives you a decent savings if you do both in one day.

I think as long as you avoid driving in around 5pm (or 8am), you should be fine.

We are driving in at about 11, and leaving on a Sunday. So I hope for the best! Thanks for your help. :wink:

Again, just avoid the light rail before a Twins game. A lot of people park at the Mall and take it in for a game. I live a few blocks from the middle of the light rail line, and I don't bother taking it to the Twins because the trains already are completely full by the time they get to my neighborhood.

Also, if you are driving into Minneapolis south on 35W, there is a great place to view all of downtown Mpls. It's on the NE side of the city just after you pass Hwy 36 in Roseville. I think it would be an impressive view for your daughter.

Ridgeway Parkway, Minneapolis, MN - Google Maps

It's the Ridgeway Parkway Park in Minneapolis between Stinson Blvd. and St. Anthony Blvd.

Also, in downtown there is an observation deck on the 30th Floor of the Foshay Tower (now a W Hotel). I haven't been there yet, but it looks pretty cool. There is a charge for adults, but kids are free.

Just a heads up for any baseball fans in the TC area....The St Paul Saints are having some fun with the postponement. Free Edge-inspired skullcaps for the first 360 fans for the June 27th game...gotta love this press release.

St Paul Saints Professional Baseball: Saints News

The puns are annoying...talk about overkill :crack:

However, the idea is great. Thanks for posting the link!

Me too...I am hoping that they might announce a second night. Wishful thinking :wink:

Got a day of shopping in, but still bummed the show's not happening. Think how nice the weather is right now and how the show would happening while at it, haha. Oh well... hopefully it's a good day weather-wise next year too. Plus, it'll give me a reason to look forward to 2011!

See all y'all in a year, I guess... It was v. nice out today, wasn't it?

I was hoping that the weather would suck so that I would feel better...We will see you in a year for sure. We will have to arrange a get together! :up:

Sunday, June 27 was really gorgeous here in Minneapolis. The high was 84F/29C. It was mostly sunny and breezy. The only downside for the concert would have been that it was relatively light out until almost 10 pm.

I can only dream about an additional show for next year. That is probably too much to ask for, but I think U2 knows that we absolutely should have had 2 Vertigo shows. The 360 show sold quickly, so maybe there is a chance.

We will keep this thread alive for the next year and hope for a good date for the rescheduled show and great weather.

Mark

Instead of prepping for/being at a U2 show, I spent yesterday with my family on a pontoon boat on Lake DuBay in Wisconsin. It was such a beautiful day (har har), so much fun.

Was still sad not to show off my U2 obsession to them, but we'll all wait until next year.

Mark, do u have any other 360 rescheduled concerts?

I was going to be at the 2 Anaheim shows, 2 Montreal shows and the leg finale in NJ.

I have no idea which of those will work next year with my work schedule. Regardless of anything, I'll be at the Minneapolis show. I'll skip a tradeshow or fly back for it if I need to.

I am really curious how closely the rescheduled dates will follow the order of this year. If I have my way, I like to see the first and last shows of a leg. (Anaheim was supposed to be the first...grrrrr)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom