June 27, 2010 TCF Stadium, Minneapolis, MN

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, best wishes to Bono but I am really afraid that Minneapolis is not going to happen....:(

Well, on the plus side, the shows would likely just be rescheduled rather than cancelled altogether, but yeah, it's still a bummer.

But better to have a healthy Bono not re-injure himself by pushing on too early, so ... yeah.

Not gonna lie, that would be pretty awesome.

Must not be so serious that he can't recover well in just a few weeks! That's really good news.

I hope this is true.

I so agree with you, trying to tell myself not to get too excited but that would be great news!!!!

I know someone said there would be an announcement later today, but how can they possibly predict Bono's recovery time?

If we are the first, AWESOME! But, Bono, take time to recovery.

Yeah, it'll be interested to see if it's more of a tentative plan, or a definite, "Minneapolis is first."

But even if they say it's definite, who knows what will happen between now and then?

According to @u2 (via Twitter) there's supposed to be some sort of official announcement on Monday...

His health is more important, but I'd be lying if I didn't say I was hoping for the shows that week to still be on (I'm doing Edmonton that week as well - and will be adding cancellation insurance to my flight booking this weekend, just in case.)

According to @u2 (via Twitter) there's supposed to be some sort of official announcement on Monday...

His health is more important, but I'd be lying if I didn't say I was hoping for the shows that week to still be on (I'm doing Edmonton that week as well - and will be adding cancellation insurance to my flight booking this weekend, just in case.)

^Thank you for that reminder. I may have trip insurance on my Montreal plane tix. Hopefully it won't be necessary.

I'll still use my plane ticket if the show is postponed - I can still spend a week at home with my folks. They'll just have to schlep out to Minneapolis a day earlier to pick me up!

I am coming to Minni June 11-14 to bring my daughter as a birthday gift. If the rumors are true, I might be able to show her the claw. She is turning 10 and was so mad that we didn't get her tickets! However, I'd be lying if I said the thought of him injured feels like a kick in the gut. I hope he gets better soon! :hug:

I was going to suggest the Leaning Tower of Pizza for Saturday night. It's stumbling distance from the Stadium and everything on campus, across the street from the Days Inn.

Leaning Tower
(it's the 2501 University address)(of course their map link is broken)

leaning tower of pizza - Google Maps

It's nothing special at all, usually not crowded, but the food is pretty good even if the seats and tables can be sticky. Hey, it's a university bar. :shrug:

7 Corners is great but it's a little in between where people may be staying. I love Town Hall's beer.

As far as getting to the stadium from the MOA? I vote light rail and then a cab from downtown, too. If you do take a cab from the MOA, tell the driver to take Hiawatha Ave./Hwy 55 (same road). The 35W/Hwy 62 rebuild is crazy-making. I'm sure the light rail runs late enough on Sunday night to get you back to the MOA, but it's worth doublechecking. Downtown is just so much easier to get a cab. Although, I think some cabs hang out at the Radisson on campus.

sounds good....I'm really unfamiliar with the U area since I went to school elsewhere. But I did spend many a Friday/Sat night at Grandma's and the rest of the bars on 7 Corners so that's my only reference to the bar scene on campus. :drunk: So where ever is fine with me as long as it's easy for the people without vehicles.

I just saw that too but it depends on his recovery.....

My first thought was that the U2 camp knows some good news about how he's doing/ the details of his condition and called to let them know.

I'm going to cling to that hope for as long as I can. :wink:

Thanks for the offer of a ride!

cori and I are taking the same cab :up:

It's the arw party cab :happydance:

I'm available after 2 pm on Sat thru Monday so if you need a ride anywhere it's no problem! We'll have to touch base with your flight info and swap cell phone #'s.

Same with you Cori. Just let me know beforehand if you'll need rides. I live fairly close to downtown Mpls so I'm happy to help out and save you guys some money, and the hassle, on cabs.

sounds good....I'm really unfamiliar with the U area since I went to school elsewhere. But I did spend many a Friday/Sat night at Grandma's and the rest of the bars on 7 Corners so that's my only reference to the bar scene on campus. :drunk: So where ever is fine with me as long as it's easy for the people without vehicles.

I went to school at the U (hence the username Gopher MacPhisto) and am quite familiar with the Dinkytown and Stadium Village bar scape. For a board meetup, I was going to suggest Stub and Herb's, but the location is fine. If you don't mind another board straggler tagging along, name the time and place. :wave:

BTW, Grandma's on the West Bank has been closed since before I graduated. I was never much of a Seven Corners bar client, living in the Superblock and then SE Como.

I hope to see you all in 2011! I just cancelled my hotel, and boy, do I feel bummed. I am happy to wait for a show with a totally healthy Bono though!

I'm still flying in on Saturday the 26th and will plan on spending the night at the hotel I have reserved. Would love to hang with whoever's around! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom