June 17 & 18 2011 - Anaheim Part IX - I don't remember what Cory Marshall Looks Like

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Romi, if you do go to Burbank for the Tonight Show, a good tip is to dress a bit nicer than the average tourist. Someone gave me that tip in 2007. Not a suit and tie obviously, but long pants and a decent button down shirt are a good idea. If the audience is going to be on camera, they want them looking decent. We tried it and ended up front row center, literally just a few feet from Jay during his monologue.

thanks for the info, Dev. I was thinking if I didn't get in I'd still try to meet B and E before or afterward, kind of like on Letterman. You don't need a ticket to stand by the stage door over there, right?

And I'm not sure I can do it, either. I have a great deal on a rental right now on the 19th. It would be cheaper for me to go home on the 19th, get right back in my car and drive down again (than to have my rental for an extra day).

The area where the guests come in is all gated so you wouldn't be able to hang out by the stage door to see them. I've been to tapings there like three or four times and I don't think you can see the people drive up either, they might come in the back.

There's got to be a rear gate somewhere on the property where fans would wait and the band might stop, right? Wherever the street is?

And Rich, based on your advice, I no longer want to borrow the ape suit.

I'm not big on the idea of posting just for posting's sake so we can start a new thread so close to the show. So I won't be doing it.

So what's the latest on the happenings at Angel Stadium? How's the claw coming along? Any word?... Or better yet photos? :)

It looks like a list wasn't started for the gathering Thursday at 6:30 at El Torito Grill. I'm going to call the restaurant tomorrow to see if I can get something set aside for us without having to do the whole banquet menu thing with deposit and all that.

For those who haven't been to the restaurant before, if it kitty corner to the stadium so you would be able to run over easily for numbers, light check or whatever else may be happening there.

Please copy and paste and add your name (and number of guests, if applicable) if you are coming Thursday. Thanks!!!

Dinner at El Torito Grill Thursday
dsmith2904/Dev

dsmith2904/Dev
Iris
trojanchick99
Romi (Roman)
Lauramullen (Laura)
Superfan (Brad)
McMango (Brett)

Probably won't make the El Torito thing since we will have our kids & are doing Disney that day. We're staying at Towne Place though so look for us (we'll be the ones with two buzzed head boys). The kids will be going to the Sat. show, my wife & I will be at both (GA, but probably not lining up). :D

dsmith2904/Dev
Iris
trojanchick99
Romi (Roman)
Lauramullen (Laura)
Superfan (Brad)
McMango (Brett)
Lila64 (Lila)
BonosLil'Pal94 (Maddy)
Dakotalola (Kim) (late arrival)

It looks like a list wasn't started for the gathering Thursday at 6:30 at El Torito Grill. I'm going to call the restaurant tomorrow to see if I can get something set aside for us without having to do the whole banquet menu thing with deposit and all that.

For those who haven't been to the restaurant before, if it kitty corner to the stadium so you would be able to run over easily for numbers, light check or whatever else may be happening there.

Please copy and paste and add your name (and number of guests, if applicable) if you are coming Thursday. Thanks!!!

dsmith2904/Dev

Thanks for the info! I'm at the mercy of the Super Shuttle, may be checking in about 6:30-7pm. Have to get keys to my hotelmates to dump their stuff & do a GA line chk :D. I hope to come by as soon as I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom