June 17 & 18 2011 - Anaheim Part IX - I don't remember what Cory Marshall Looks Like

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

First post in forever, as I've been avoiding spoilers like the plague. Now that Oakland's done & dusted I feel safe being back.

Just seeing if anyone would like to share a room, or have some floor space for Anaheim 1 & 2. I'll be camping out for show 1, if allowed, but would like somewhere to leave my gear, & take a shower. Marriott Townesplace would be ideal, but I'm not too picky, so anything quite close would be fine.

Thanks, & I'll be seeing you guys, along with my fav band in 1 week!

You coming Rob?

Yep!! Both shows! So excited!! I can't believe it's already here...I remember last summer like it was yesterday.

I have GA for Friday's show and seats for Saturday's show. Is everyone with GA lining up early? I did that for Rosebowl and it was a mess...we were never able to get inner circle...ended up being about 20 feet back from the rail, while people that barely waited were in front of us...do you guys think showing up at 5PM would be early enough?

Rob33 said:
Yep!! Both shows! So excited!! I can't believe it's already here...I remember last summer like it was yesterday.

I have GA for Friday's show and seats for Saturday's show. Is everyone with GA lining up early? I did that for Rosebowl and it was a mess...we were never able to get inner circle...ended up being about 20 feet back from the rail, while people that barely waited were in front of us...do you guys think showing up at 5PM would be early enough?

We're going as early as we possibly can!

Never understood this about the Rose Bowl. That day was particularly hectic for my wife & I. We were at the Vegas show on that Friday, and stayed in Vegas until Sunday morning. The plan was to leave early and get in line at the Rose Bowl early afternoon. Well, things don't go as planned and we had several issues including a trip to urgent care (story for another time) that made us fortunately miss the whole Rose Bowl GA mess. We didn't get there until about 6:00 PM but walked right up and into the inner circle. There was no GA line left when we got there, so I am confused when I hear these stories about not making it into the inner circle if you waited in line all day. :confused: No offense intended of course, Rob! Just puzzled by it all.

Ok, sorry for the thread departure - back to Anaheim talk!

This is gonna be my first U2 concert and I have GA tickets for show 2 I wanna get front rail any suggestions I plan on getting there early.

:wave: Welcome! I can't wait for next weekend! The setlist has been :drool: and with 2 shows we will likely get some surprises. I like surprises.

Also, I just stalked your flickr, and wow, great pictures!

Thanks for stalking me on Flickr, that's my preferred place of being stalked, ha ha! :lol: Sadly no U2 pix on the Flickr as anytime I've seen them not been close enough to post worthwhile pix. Fingers crossed though for this time!

Thanks for the welcome, I was on here before but my account seems to have vanished so started over. I'm only a casual U2 fan but love reading about everyone's excitement because there's nothing like a live show of one of your fave bands. :applaud:

Anyone know how much parking is going to be at this thing?

I read on the Angels website their standard is $8 but that seems too good to be true...

All of the sudden, IT'S HERE!
I'm flying into LAX at 4:45pm Thursday, 6/16 and going to the Marriott Town place suites. Anyone else looking for people to share a cab? Not sure if I'm doing the shuttle or not. I have to look into costs.
do taxis in LA take Credit cards? I imagine they do but just checking.
Excited!

I went to a Depeche Mode concert last year at the Honda center witch was down the street and parking was 25 bucks so 10 isn't bad unless they jackup the price.

I'm flying into LAX at 4:45pm Thursday, 6/16 and going to the Marriott Town place suites. Anyone else looking for people to share a cab? Not sure if I'm doing the shuttle or not. I have to look into costs.
Excited!

I am flying in the same day into LAX and I am renting a car. However, I am scheduled to land around 2pm. If you were arriving earlier, I'd offer you a ride to the hotel.

I'm so excited... few days
In 2 days I with friend fly from Poland to USA.
We'll see both concerts in Anaheim :)
I hope - that will be great time :D

See U in Anaheim!!! :)

For those that care:

I'll still be at both shows but cannot get down to Anaheim until right before Show 1. Work is just too chaotic right now and with me going to NYC the following weekend, it's even more imperative that I not miss a day and a half next week.

So, hopefully, I'm still able to meet some of you either at the shows or maybe after show 1 (I'm staying in Anaheim Fri night)........

For those that care:

I'll still be at both shows but cannot get down to Anaheim until right before Show 1. Work is just too chaotic right now and with me going to NYC the following weekend, it's even more imperative that I not miss a day and a half next week.

So, hopefully, I'm still able to meet some of you either at the shows or maybe after show 1 (I'm staying in Anaheim Fri night)........

:laugh:

PM your number NSW if you want to try & find us. I'm sure I no longer have it, especially with all the moves you made in the last few years :)

PM your number NSW if you want to try & find us. I'm sure I no longer have it, especially with all the moves you made in the last few years :)

I'll send it to you beforehand. It's the same as it always was, but as you say, you probably no longer have it.

I'm free after the show on Friday and all day Saturday, so, I'll still be able to hang out with some of you at some point, even if briefly. Looking forward to it and bummed I cannot make it for Thursday night.

The quietness between the Oakland and Anaheim shows is painful. Feels like waiting for a new Leg to start :angry:

Excited!

And I'm arriving at 9pm :|
I just looked at super shuttle, and it will take them 2 hours to drop me off in Anaheim from the time I land! :doh:
Think I will rent a car myself. It's so worth the independence and time I will not waste.

And I'm arriving at 9pm :|
I just looked at super shuttle, and it will take them 2 hours to drop me off in Anaheim from the time I land! :doh:
Think I will rent a car myself. It's so worth the independence and time I will not waste.
Two hours? yeesh. maybe I'll look for a cheap deal. Was trying to avoid having the car, but if the SS or cab will be $$ or take a long time, maybe that's what i should do-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom