July 3rd 2010 Rogers Centre, Toronto, ON

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would probably sell my ticket if the Black Eyed Peas opened for U2. I despise them that much.

Let it be a good, young Canadian band that opens for U2 - or just any young band trying to break into the mainstream media.

I was unlucky enough to get BEP in Vegas :yuck: but believe me they were good compared to Glasvegas who i got to see 3 times :crack:

Are Dashboard Confessional still around?? :uhoh:

^ sadly, Dashboard Confessional still has fans, but I'm going to hope that there is enough sense to leave them out for an opening act for U2...again. :doh:

Flaming_C I would probably sell my ticket if the Black Eyed Peas opened for U2. I despise them that much.

I think it's time U2 retired them as openers, isn't this like the third freaking tour they've opened for them!?!? :down: :banghead: :yuck:

I don't know if the Hip would make great openers, but it would definitely make the 60 dollar ticket one hell of a deal (not that it wasn't already :wink:)

Although totally not in U2's league, I recall there was a concert in 1997 when OASIS opened up for U2 in Oakland. That would have been an amazing concert to attend. :up:

Fuck the Hip. I honestly doubt I'd watch their set. Can't stand them.
Aww c'mon now...lets not dis the greatest Canadian (only) success story we've had. Sure we've had many international sucessess, but these guys are unique due to their domestic-only sucess. Maybe U2 can close the show with an accoustic version of "Wheat Kings"...joined by Gordy of course (OK- just kidding 'bout that- it should be Bobcageon).

Aww c'mon now...lets not dis the greatest Canadian (only) success story we've had. Sure we've had many international sucessess, but these guys are unique due to their domestic-only sucess. Maybe U2 can close the show with an accoustic version of "Wheat Kings"...joined by Gordy of course (OK- just kidding 'bout that- it should be Bobcageon).

If U2 covered Wheat Kings you'd hear me cheering clear back to Kingston :lol: (It's my favourite Hip song :heart::love:)

So the hotels might be booked up because the week before the G8 is in Huntsville and there's been speculation for a while the G20 will follow the G8 and may be in Toronto.

Wonder if Bono's going - although I think he usually does attend :hmm:

*peaks hopefully into thread*

Does anyone have 2 spare GA tickets that they would graciously sell to me? I refuse to buy the scalp tickets.

Also, if BEP do open, cue super heavy duty earplugs and uniform bemused expression. :|

Although totally not in U2's league, I recall there was a concert in 1997 when OASIS opened up for U2 in Oakland. That would have been an amazing concert to attend. :up:

There were rumours a few years back of an Oasis/U2 show that was gonna be in Paris. I almost bought plane tickets and booked a hotel. Never came through but it would have been awesome!

Fuck the Hip. I honestly doubt I'd watch their set. Can't stand them.

Wow.

I'd have to say there new stuff and stage performances haven't been shit hot if you ask me....

.....but hell....they've got some Canadian institutional songs.

Um....who'd you rather represent our Canadiana.....The Hip? Or the Barenaked Ladies. :lol:

Fact of the matter is the Hip can still sell out the ACC.

Bobcaygeon FTW!

Wow.

I'd have to say there new stuff and stage performances haven't been shit hot if you ask me....

Um....who'd you rather represent our Canadiana.....The Hip? Or the Barenaked Ladies. :lol:

Bobcaygeon FTW!

I hear you..but you're talking to someone who had to put up with them on constant rotation growing up in the near-north..

I'd much rather the Barenaked Ladies, to be perfectly honest. Have seen them live and they are a special type of show! Their cover of Lovers In a Dangerous Time would be to die for in that setting, not to mention some songs of real quality that were respectable hits. I actually think that with the broad range of styles that can be heard in their tunes, they more accurately represent what "Canadiana" means in terms of the Canadian mosaic, especially in terms of Southern Ontario/GTA culture. The Hip imo represent a 'hick-town-pub-drunk' type of vibe that I feel embarrassed to be represented by on the world stage, frankly. :shrug:

eta: Really and truly, I'd rather they take a chance and get a completely different style of music. I want K-OS to open for them. He deserves that final "opened for U2"-type push to put him truly over the edge, it's time.

Hip = University Life

Good times....

Funny....I HATE the Barenaked Ladies....right from the getgo with their demo tape with the sandwich on it. FYI....the Hip have a ton of hits. I don't wanna see them open a U2 show....but I've seen the Hip before and they are quite good.

Let's face it though.... Opening for this Leg of the tour will be someone else.....and have nothing to do with Canada.

Bobcaygeon FTW!

Bobcaygeon :drool:

I just noticed this, and wanted to mention something. I heard Love Is A First yesterday on the radio, and mentioned to my daughter that it's growing on me, that I really like it. We both agreed that it's got a more modern sound, it's current, but still sounds like them - like they've updated their sound without trying too hard, and going off in some new direction.

I also love Sleeping Sickness by City and Colour with Gord Downie.

Love BNL too, they're in my top 10 bands, but not sure they'd be up to the task of opening for an act that big, sans Steven Page. :( Not sure they would have translated well to a stadium show, even with Page.

Agree that K-os would be a good choice, but also agree that it won't be a local band anyway, so...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom