July 3rd 2010 Rogers Centre, Toronto, ON

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW, at this very moment I noticed the only North American date that has sold out according to U2.com is Oakland. Apparently over 60,000 tickets in just a few hours. Anyway, I'm sure by the actual concert date Toronto will sell out, especially it being a one night concert only. Surely, a 10 months (September-July) gap isn't too soon for a U2 revisit causing it to not be sold-out! :hmm:

If they would release a few more GAs, I'd be more than happy to bring them 2 tickets closer to being sold out. :D

:pray:

so what canadian band would you want open for U2 in Toronto?

Arcade Fire?
54-40?
Tragically Hip?
Bryan Adams?
Blue Rodeo?
Tom Cochrane?
Daniel Lanois?
Bruce Cockburn?
Billy Talent?
Honeymoon Suite?
Gowan?
Styx?
Rush?
Alexisonfire?
Bachman Cummings?
Barney Bentall and the Legendary Hearts?
Big Sugar?
Bif Naked?
Corey Hart?
City and Colour?
Avril Lavigne?
Sum 41?
Sam Roberts?
Matthew Good?
Front Line Assembly?
Glass Tiger?
Hedley?
Limblifter?
MSTRKRFT?
Neverending White Lights?
Nickelback?
Our Lady Peace?
Sloan?
Stars?
Swollen Members?
The Tea Party?
Theory of a Deadman?
Three Days Grace?
Tokyo Police Club?
Treble Charger?
The Trews?
Neil Young?

Arcade Fire opening for U2 would rock - I heard they were amazing when they opened for them in Montreal (or was it Ottawa?) :D

For the love of God get that blasphemy of music known as Three Days Grace OFF the list!! They don't deserve to open for anyone at the Rivoli, let alone the Skydome! (And yes I've heard them live :sick: Any band where the lead singer :censored: up the songs of the artist the tribute show is for THEN calls his band up and they DO THEIR OWN SONGS? Doesn't deserve to be anywhere, let alone opening for the biggest band on the planet!)

Dude. You like some hip hop or so you've said, right? I know he's not really underground per se (and really, underground would likely be a disaster), but K-OS is an undeniable talent, has 3 solid albums of material to draw from, and is backed by a very talented full band. Kinda surprised you wouldn't have thought of him.

Arcade Fire opening for U2 would rock - I heard they were amazing when they opened for them in Montreal (or was it Ottawa?) :D

For the love of God get that blasphemy of music known as Three Days Grace OFF the list!! They don't deserve to open for anyone at the Rivoli, let alone the Skydome! (And yes I've heard them live :sick: Any band where the lead singer :censored: up the songs of the artist the tribute show is for THEN calls his band up and they DO THEIR OWN SONGS? Doesn't deserve to be anywhere, let alone opening for the biggest band on the planet!)

There's a number of bands that really need to be erased from that list, and history, but I won't name them *cough*Nickelback*cough*

Arcade Fire?
54-40?
Tragically Hip?
Bryan Adams?
Blue Rodeo?
Tom Cochrane?
Daniel Lanois?
Bruce Cockburn?
Billy Talent?
Honeymoon Suite?
Gowan?
Styx?
Rush?
Alexisonfire?
Bachman Cummings?
Big Sugar?
Bif Naked?
Corey Hart?
City and Colour?
Avril Lavigne?
Sum 41?
Sam Roberts?
Matthew Good?
Front Line Assembly?
Glass Tiger?
Hedley?
Limblifter?
MSTRKRFT?
Nickelback?
Our Lady Peace?
Sloan?
Stars?
Swollen Members?
The Tea Party?
Theory of a Deadman?
Three Days Grace?
Tokyo Police Club?
Treble Charger?
The Trews?
Neil Young?

No Kim Mitchell?! Patio Lantern FAIL!

sorry, Three's Days Grace should have been removed, but I wanted to keep the list open, so :shrug:

I totally missed out on Kim Mitchell, April Wine, Helix, Anvil, K-Os. But to my credit I didn't forget Swollen Members.

I saw Kim Mitchell in Timmins one summer eve about 15 years ago.

There is also this Toronto band called Holy Fuck - they are opening for Phoenix on December 5. So let's add Holy Fuck to the list. And add Skinny Puppy to represent our Canadian version of NIN.

Drea, Arcade Fire opened for U2 in Montreal and Ottawa, and they were the best concerts I've ever been to. It helps that I was front-row centre for the Montreal shows, but the atmosphere in the building from start to finish was electric.

There is also this Toronto band called Holy Fuck - they are opening for Phoenix on December 5. So let's add Holy Fuck to the list.

Holy Fuck were fantastic when I saw them open for Bloc Party last year, and a great group of guys that I met after the show.

I'm unsure of, however, how an instrumental band would go over in a stadium setting.

Holy Fuck were fantastic when I saw them open for Bloc Party last year, and a great group of guys that I met after the show.

I'm unsure of, however, how an instrumental band would go over in a stadium setting.

true, fuck it. I saw them open for Bloc Party at KoolHaus. Cool beats. I would at least appreciate one of their songs over the PA.

Arcade Fire?
54-40?
Tragically Hip?
Bryan Adams?
Blue Rodeo?
Tom Cochrane?
Daniel Lanois?
Bruce Cockburn?
Billy Talent?
Honeymoon Suite?
Gowan?
Styx?
Rush?
Alexisonfire?
Bachman Cummings?
Big Sugar?
Bif Naked?
Corey Hart?
City and Colour?
Avril Lavigne?
Sum 41?
Sam Roberts?
Matthew Good?
Front Line Assembly?
Glass Tiger?
Hedley?
Limblifter?
MSTRKRFT?
Nickelback?
Our Lady Peace?
Sloan?
Stars?
Swollen Members?
The Tea Party?
Theory of a Deadman?
Three Days Grace?
Tokyo Police Club?
Treble Charger?
The Trews?
Neil Young?
Who I would like to see vs who I think are actually feasible are two different but sometimes overlapping lists. These are artists who I think fit on both lists:

Matthew Good?
Our Lady Peace?
Sloan?
Stars?
Tokyo Police Club?

Dude. You like some hip hop or so you've said, right? I know he's not really underground per se (and really, underground would likely be a disaster), but K-OS is an undeniable talent, has 3 solid albums of material to draw from, and is backed by a very talented full band. Kinda surprised you wouldn't have thought of him.

Good call. Given the success of BEP this tour, I thought of him too, and noticed he wasn't on the initial list.

it would be nice to have 2 opening acts. not like European cities haven't had their fair share....

k-os should have been on the initial list, with special appearances by Sam Roberts and Buck 65

I agree with Subnet. When I first read the list I thought "why not 2 opening acts"? Sloan/Sam Roberts would be great for example...but Arcade Fire alone, or with any other act would trump all:applaud:

k-os should have been on the initial list, with special appearances by Sam Roberts and Buck 65

You see that though, huh? His collaborations with them have been great and it's a mutual respect thing. Add a Feist appearance 1-2-3-4/4-3-2-1 mashup and the place is going fuckin off. You'll never get magic like that out of Swollen Members, sorry. They just have beats and rhymes. K-Os has MUSIC.

But anyways, barring that...anybody know if David Wilcox is still alive? :drunk:

:dance:

Oh. And fuck Our Lady Peace. I'd rather hear 10 acoustic City and Colour tunes, even if listening to more than 3 of his songs makes me want to kill myself. (don't get me wrong, it's great music, but depressing beyond 3 songs).

Anyone remembers what was the camera policy at Rogers Centre for the previous 2 shows ? Could you walk in with a lil point and shoot in your hands or you had to try to hide it ?

Anyone remembers what was the camera policy at Rogers Centre for the previous 2 shows ? Could you walk in with a lil point and shoot in your hands or you had to try to hide it ?

Yep, no problem bringing in a non-professional camera!

As for opening acts, my vote would go to Matthew Good and Arcade Fire.
I saw that same show as you Bomac in Montreal and was standing towards the back on the floor, beside one of the members of Arcade Fire during U2! (the tall, lanky one - forget which instrument he plays)

obviously some of the bands listed have broken up. but i have listed them out of respect. i think rain maida is sitting back knowing his wife is now the breadwinner, being on all those TV commercials now....

i wouldn't mind seeing bruce cockburn duet with danny lanois, then catching Arcade Fire. I also heard Blue Rodeo in the news....they do some great summer gigs.

I'm fortunate enough to have The Kee to Bala in my backyard (not literally).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom