July 30, 2011 - Magnetic Hill, Moncton, NB II: Camping Out For U2 ... For Real!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
july27227pm.jpg

:drool:

I should have brought my lightsaber to twirl over my head to keep the rain off me. A few fans' hands being chopped off is a fair trade for good pix for me. :D

The force is strong with you. :pray:

...A few fans' hands...or those of evil GA-goers / "line-runners".

I actually have a low voice for a girl lol. I'm squirrel in spirit :giggle:

Has anyone had behind the stage seats this tour? We couldn't really afford anything better than the rear grandstands for this (35 bucks woot!) Just wondering if the sound is still good there? Though I'm thinking with the hill, it may help.

If everyone is okay with trying to get together, how about a list, so we can try to be in touch:
(copy and add your name)

kramwest1 (Mark & Heather)
RavenBlue (Neely & Nick)
KristenCaNaDiAn (Kristen) and probably 2 more
Jive Turkey (Gary)
Corianderstem (Alicia)
GraceRyan (Amy +2 - if one of them doesn't lose their shit beforehand)
Canedge (Albie) will be there around noon.
AngelorDevil (Kip)
Pik95+3 (Howie) will arrive from Dartmouth Friday morning or noonish and will be setting up camp/Bigtent and getting the party started at concert camping and open to whatever. Hit me up if u want my phone #. Also I got free minutes if anyone needs to call USA on my phone. Bring beer in cans!

I actually have a low voice for a girl lol. I'm squirrel in spirit :giggle:

Squirrel spirit. :cute:

Has anyone had behind the stage seats this tour? We couldn't really afford anything better than the rear grandstands for this (35 bucks woot!) Just wondering if the sound is still good there? Though I'm thinking with the hill, it may help.

I haven't, but from what I've heard, there's "not a bad seat in the house." Now, Paul McGuinness may have said that. Or Bono... I'm willing to bet it's true, however.

Plus, you'll have a good view of their butts. :)

Are you allowed to bring in cameras to the show? Video? Tapers alowed? I just got a Zoom if anyone wants to PM me with info. I'm not even sure what recording level to use on a scale of 1-100. I'll go 50 I guess. Good times!

Are you allowed to bring in cameras to the show? Video? Tapers alowed? I just got a Zoom if anyone wants to PM me with info. I'm not even sure what recording level to use on a scale of 1-100. I'll go 50 I guess. Good times!

Probably not allowed there, but...
I have used auto level with my Sony PCM-M10 for the couple shows I've done--mixed results. I did manual adjusting for Toronto and still got blown-out by the extreme bass in there. :shrug:

Outdoors should be much easier.

We sat behind for the Rose Bowl show. Sound was fine. View was just okay. They don't turn around much. It was fun to see such a huge crowd out-front though.

Get a bunch of pictures and put them together for a panorama. Here's my Rose Bowl from behind the stage:
U2LAPanorama-1.jpg

We sat behind for the Rose Bowl show. Sound was fine. View was just okay. They don't turn around much. It was fun to see such a huge crowd out-front though.

Get a bunch of pictures and put them together for a panorama. Here's my Rose Bowl from behind the stage:
U2LAPanorama-1.jpg

Doesn't look like too bad of a view, and the screen will be there. Will be an epic view of the entire field :up:

I wrote to the organizers about cameras a few months ago and asked if they would honour the policy of allowing non-professional, non-detachable lense cameras (SLRs) in and they responded:

"Non-professional cameras will not be an issue...all will be aware. Enjoy the show!"

Seems pretty clear that my camera will be okay!

RavenBlue (Neely & Nick)
Jive Turkey (Gary)
Corianderstem (Alicia)
Pik95+3 (Howie)
Bruno S4 (Bruno) and a friend named Peter landing Thursday night from Toronto

Jim Foster said:
Need your help
Hi guys and gals. I'm a reporter at the newspaper in Moncton and I'm doing a story on folks coming here from "away" for Saturday's concert. So if you are traveling to Moncton for the big show, I'd love to talk to YOU, yes I said YOU, even if just briefly. There is nothing too complicated about this, I just need to know your name, where you are traveling from, how you are traveling here, if you've been to other U2 shows, what you expect of Saturday's grande finale, whether you will tour around Moncton and see the sights or just take in the show and go home, where are you staying, that sort of stuff.
Feel free to PM me your phone number and I'd be pleased to call you, or you can reach me via email at fosterj@timestranscript.com, or you can PM me your answers, or you can ring me up at 506 859 7133.
Quite simply, the story is about the people who are coming here from afar, their past U2 experiences and their expectations for Saturday's final show. All comments graciously appreciated, but please be aware I need your name and hometown or I cannot use them.
See you at the show! :wave:
Kindest regards,
Jim

I am currently driving through trois rivière with my family.....we are making a week trip of it by camping in pei......we live in Ottawa....this will be my fifth show this tour (did three shows in Dublin and Montreal #1)
driving to Moncton just for the day of the concert....bringing my 4 and 7 yr old for their first shows.....
Hoping for an epic show....springhill mining Disaster possibly? Would love bad, out of control and a full version of 40 to en the show.....plus some kind of duet with arcade fire....

Scott from Ottawa

RavenBlue (Neely & Nick)
Jive Turkey (Gary)
Corianderstem (Alicia)
Pik95+3 (Howie)
Canedge (Albie)

Copy and add your name for the gathering:

RavenBlue (Neely & Nick)
Jive Turkey (Gary)
Corianderstem (Alicia)
Pik95+3 (Howie)
Canedge (Albie)
angelordevil (Kip)

Oh, post-show gathering. Duh! :doh:

Anyone?

(and it would be great to finally meet you Jive/Gary)
I'm totally in for a post-show gathering or pre-show the day of for non GA-ers. I'm coming alone on a last minute whim from Chicago. Albiet, a very expensive last minute whim!! Spent the whole day in a smelly, government office getting my passport today. Can't wait! :hyper:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom