July 30, 2011 - Magnetic Hill, Moncton, NB II: Camping Out For U2 ... For Real!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who agrees with me in thinking organized crime must have a hand in the rules and pricing at big events like this? I mean, in Montreal we couldn't bring our own food and only 1 bottle of uncapped (why???) water. I bought a mashed sub for $6 and water was $4.50. It's robbery, if you ask me. Parking too, is such a gouge! I realize we CHOOSE to go to these events, but the prices and rules are outrageous at times.

Who agrees with me in thinking organized crime must have a hand in the rules and pricing at big events like this? I mean, in Montreal we couldn't bring our own food and only 1 bottle of uncapped (why???) water. I bought a mashed sub for $6 and water was $4.50. It's robbery, if you ask me. Parking too, is such a gouge! I realize we CHOOSE to go to these events, but the prices and rules are outrageous at times.

The biggest mafia family (Vivo Nazione) is responsible for the exorbitant prices.

I drove up to Front Mt drive this morning on our way here to Dartmouth for the AF show tonight. The pictures don't do the site justice - it has perfect sightlines, and there really won't be a bad spot in there.

David also quoted me $30. He also told me that he was considering an increase to $40. I have heard from a few people that the number that I provided does not work.

The correct number is: 506.384.2124

I have a parking spot reserved with David, so unless for some odd reason that doesn't work out I have an extra spot at Magic Mountain water park I'd love to see someone here use. Please PM me and I can email you the pdf link to the ticket.

People saying these satellite lots are selling out are making me nervous, I have no idea what I'm going to do to park if they do sell out :sad:.

I just called Codiac Transit. They don't think the remote parking will sell out until Saturday (meaning there will be "drive up" sales). They are going to start selling the wrist bands at the lots at 9am and the first shuttle will leave at 11am.

Achtung Y'all

I'M COMING TO MONCTON!!! :rockon: :wave: :coocoo:

Flying to Boston from DC on Jet Blue tomorrow morning, then driving 9 hours!!! And i have no compass, and I have no map!

Now where am I gonna stay... :yikes: :help:

:yippie: :happydance:

She's gonna dream out loud!

This was the cartoon in the Moncton paper this morning :giggle:

ww073.20843132_std.jpg

A full water bottle with a cap on it becomes a weapon when thrown at the band or anyone else, without the cap the water will flow out and may not cause as much harm.

Just boarding the ferry here! Managed to drive my vehicle through the "vegetation control station" without being apprehended or frisked. All good. 14 hours until I land on Nova Scotian shores, but I hear the food is decent, which is some consolation. And there's a bar!

Also noticed a few folks in campers who were wielding guitars and looking pretty happy...I assume I'll be having a few U2-related chats at some point.

Safe travels to all... I'm officially stoked! :)

I am so sad to miss this. So sad. I'm moping around the house right now. Maybe I should go buy some lotto tickets.

I wish I could superhumanly do this drive by myself. Shame how an internal flight is so expensive.

This is torture.

I have a bad fever from a condition called FOMO.

If someone wants to be my fairy god mother, you can send me a PM.

Sorry for losing you Powerhour. It is only in name and not in spirit or eagerness to meet you.

Might I meet RamblinRose, too?

I am trying Interference for the first time on my Touch. Anyone know if there is WiFi at the site?

I am so sad to miss this. So sad. I'm moping around the house right now. Maybe I should go buy some lotto tickets.

I wish I could superhumanly do this drive by myself. Shame how an internal flight is so expensive.

This is torture.

I have a bad fever from a condition called FOMO.

If someone wants to be my fairy god mother, you can send me a PM.

I'm right there with you!:hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom