July 11th 2011 - Rogers Centre - Toronto, ON

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Debating whether or not to save money and fly out of Buffalo early July 12th or stay the afternoon and fly out of Toronto later that night. :hmm:

GG, we can buy one at the Walmart in Montreal!:shifty:

:hi5: I'll stock up some there then! We're taking the train anyway so the weight in my suitcase won't matter. Best way to spend the day in GA is chillin' on an airbed!

I'm gonna need sunscreen too, as I can't take that with me on the plane(not allowed in hand luggage, possible explosion in suitcase).

:hyper: This is gonna be so much fun.

How much would you save??

If I fly out of Buffalo, it's $95, plus bus fare to get there. I'd be taking Megabus, so not much. If I fly out of Toronto, it will cost me over $200. But at the same time, it would be more convenient to fly out and I'd get to spend extra time with my girls. :heart:

It would be worth it to not have to worry about riding the bus. I don't think we are doing anything that costs much that day, just sightseeing. I do want to ride up the tower at some point though, if we don't manage to get that done on Sunday!:shifty:

That would be fine. I'll probably run up on the glass floor and run away after 5 seconds like I did on my visit there back in October 2006. :reject:

That would be fine. I'll probably run up on the glass floor and run away after 5 seconds like I did on my visit there back in October 2006. :reject:

It would be worth it to not have to worry about riding the bus. I don't think we are doing anything that costs much that day, just sightseeing. I do want to ride up the tower at some point though, if we don't manage to get that done on Sunday!:shifty:

:hyper: I wanna try the tower.

:uhoh: Not sure if I make it to the top, but it seems to be a good way to get over my fear of heights...

YAY!!!!! I hope this one is just as awesome!:love: Was someone holding your spot, or is that when you joined the line?

If I remember correctly, we got our numbers(in the 60's) and headed off to the pub. By the time we got back, the line was up to the 100's and we didn't want to be jerks, so we just took our spots at the end of the line. It didn't make a huge difference, though. People were very slowly trickling in all night, so the huge influx of people didn't start showing up til 5 or 6am. That's pretty typical.

If I remember correctly, we got our numbers(in the 60's) and headed off to the pub. By the time we got back, the line was up to the 100's and we didn't want to be jerks, so we just took our spots at the end of the line. It didn't make a huge difference, though. People were very slowly trickling in all night, so the huge influx of people didn't start showing up til 5 or 6am. That's pretty typical.

You know, I will bet that I totally met all of you in 2009. Do you remember crazy Edge girl who handed out buttons and made you pick your favourite?

<--- me

I wasn't there in 2009. Do I get anything special this year since you are at all of my shows?:shifty:

That sounds like fun.

The staying up all night part, not the ending up in the 100s part. :giggle:

OMG... how on earth did I not think of this before: see the Claw from the tower!!!! We should all go up!... before the concert, not during of course!

You know, I will bet that I totally met all of you in 2009. Do you remember crazy Edge girl who handed out buttons and made you pick your favourite?

<--- me

edgefest, I totally remember you. Heck, I still have that button you gave me! wooohooo, see you again in the line!

I wasn't there in 2009. Do I get anything special this year since you are at all of my shows?:shifty:

My autograph...
:D:D:D

edgefest, I totally remember you. Heck, I still have that button you gave me! wooohooo, see you again in the line!

Awesome.... that was SO FUN! I tried to dole out hugs to all the people who picked an Edge button. It was really cool because there were people from all over the world in that first 250 so in line, and some people didn't even speak English, but they knew enough to say Bono/Edge/Adam or Larry.... :D

I really wish I could have produced buttons again this year, but it just wasn't in the funds after I decided on Montreal - that was tons of fun. Oh, and I have a new hat this year ;) ;)

PS - We went up the CN Tower the day before the show hoping we could see in, but they kept the roof closed until just before they opened the doors unfortunately... trying to remember when they opened it - I knew it was sometime that afternoon.

PS - We went up the CN Tower the day before the show hoping we could see in, but they kept the roof closed until just before they opened the doors unfortunately... trying to remember when they opened it - I knew it was sometime that afternoon.

Ah yes, I remember when they opened the roof. It was pretty late in the afternoon. Hmmmmm.... maybe maybe we'll have better luck this year?

I'm officially out for this show. 3 shows in 4 days was a little much for me. Bummed I won't be able to experience Toronto, I've never been. I'll probably put my tickets up for sale when I get home from Seattle tomorrow. Enjoy the show everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom