It's GA "line" shenanigan time!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Off site? I can only speak to 1 so far for this tour (Toronto) but on this one and since 360 it's been pretty obvious to me where the line runners have been set up - because I showed up and took a look around. For what I could tell, they were only just technically "off site" because security moved them..but usually still right there and highly visible. Mind you..I didn't do dozens of shows these tours so maybe I got lucky..

Well just the most recent example, in Foxborough, for a Sunday show, a couple of folks started a list on Thursday at a Dunkin' Donuts that is literally a full mile down the road from the stadium (passed it on the way to the show last night, nowhere near stadium property) until they got kicked out of there and the list became mobile, at one point word was you had to find a blue SUV or something ridiculous to find the list.

Like gvox and Headache, I have friends who line up and sometimes help run things. Fine, cool. It is what it is. I don't want to do it, and so what?

It's just a handful of people who make it such an odious thing. You hear enough specific bad behavior from the past handful of tours where it starts to sour you on the whole thing.

Not that I still don't enjoy the hell out of the shows, because I do.

@NateU2: @GilletteStadium - recommend you honor your numbered venue wristbands u gave out asap! Riot vibe in GA line currently..@atu2 @u2 @guyoseary

giphy.gif
That guy is so much drama...I for one could care less what he thinks.

Told you guys, everything always works out for those that out the effort. And U2 management approves the system as I knew.

Sorry haters.

PS: will be at metlife stadium line Tuesday at noon. If i have to help organize, will gladly do so again.
I bet you will.

Thanks for all you do for the U2 community.

The funny thing about today's mess is, they essentially threatened violence to get their way, by saying their was a "riot vibe" in the line. Can't even express how shitty it is to give these people their way for such bad, entitled behaviour.
Yea, that was a load of crap.
I believe I'm correct in saying that Mr. N was tweeting Guy Oseary suggesting it was near a riot...well that's ridiculous. Maybe in his and other line runners entitled minds it was riot like, but we all know that is baby drama.
Shut up and smell the roses.

Ok so this is exactly my point...

Yes, it only took me about 2 minutes of scanning Twitter to find the information on the MetLife 1 GA line... which was started at 10 pm LAST NIGHT mind you.

But the only reason why I was able to find it was because I recognized a Twitter handle from this thread. If I didn't already know that this person was involved in the line setups, mostly due to Ian being blocked by him and posting here about it, it would have taken me significantly longer to find. Including the #U2JT30 hashtag? Yea, swell... there's a million of those. Doesn't really help.

So who in their right mind would know to go to the Hilton if you want to be on the list?

If U2's management wanted this to be the way it's done? Fine. Publish that info on U2.com now. Then it's fair to everyone.
Send that info to guy Oseary via twitter...let him see that.

I think it's fair to say that most of the people running the lines are trying to do what they feel is best, but that there's clearly something that needs to be fixed by band's management - and that there will always be a few self rightous assholes no matter what system is in place that make things seem worse than it actually is.

Hi everyone!

I have GA tix for 6/28 @ MetLife (NY/NJ). What is a good time (generally) to line up if I desire a decent (not great) spot?

Thanks in advance,
MB

I arrived for the Miami show at 5 p.m. (the time gates were opening ) and got a great spot about 10-15 feet to the side of the B-stage with a great centered view of the main stage. I could have gotten closer to the main stage if I wanted to but I was happy where I was so I could see the screen and B-stage better.

A decent spot to consider is the rail up against the Red Zone section. It was fairly empty till close to opening act show time and you shouldn't have anyone standing right in front of you considering most folks will congregate closer to the action.

I think it's fair to say that most of the people running the lines are trying to do what they feel is best, but that there's clearly something that needs to be fixed by band's management - and that there will always be a few self rightous assholes no matter what system is in place that make things seem worse than it actually is.

I agree that most people are trying to do what is best but I think the time has come for U2 to take this process over. I've been to a few GA shows and was happy to have my ticket selected to be inside the ellipse for the Vertigo tour. I think giving everyone a chance to experience that is fair considering not everyone has the time to wait for hours, let alone days for a prime spot. That doesn't mean I didn't enjoy the other shows I went to - quite the contrary, they are some the best shows I've been to.

I was telling a friend a while back that I've never been to a bad U2 show and I hope I never will. I would hate to think that these GA line issues can ruin somebody's experience so for everyone's sake I hope the band take notice and organize this in an official fashion.

I've learned today that the list people are very sensitive. There's been an ongoing discussion in one of the Facebook groups and the list folk are blocking people for disagreeing with them. It's sad. I think they are starting to realize the fans aren't "grateful for the service they provide".

I agree that most people are trying to do what is best but I think the time has come for U2 to take this process over. I've been to a few GA shows and was happy to have my ticket selected to be inside the ellipse for the Vertigo tour. I think giving everyone a chance to experience that is fair considering not everyone has the time to wait for hours, let alone days for a prime spot. That doesn't mean I didn't enjoy the other shows I went to - quite the contrary, they are some the best shows I've been to.

I was telling a friend a while back that I've never been to a bad U2 show and I hope I never will. I would hate to think that these GA line issues can ruin somebody's experience so for everyone's sake I hope the band take notice and organize this in an official fashion.
We agree that the band needs to take things over, but not fully on the Vertigo style lottery. I do believe that those who put the time in all day should be rewarded. I just think they should, ya know, be there all day. And if not, have a wristband system run by the band and not a fan, to remove all doubt about special favors, spot holding and secrecy.

If that includes some sort of lottery? Ok, but there should be a cut off... You need to get your wristband by noon abd be back in line by 4 pm to be eligible for the lottery. This way there's still some randomness and allows more than just the usual crew to get first, but also requires some effort to be made on the part of the ticket holder.

So that there is full transparency in this forum:

The U2 NJ1 GA line is at Met Life Stadium LOT D1 at SAP entrance. Friends will be there until 10 pm , then back to Hilton overnight. The list is in the 50's.

I will be there tomorrow at noon. If anyone of you who got upset yesterday wants to say hello in person :D

PS: For the record, I have nothing against anyone in here. I can take the jokes too.

The majority of fans are not on this forum. How is posting here of any use for Regular GA Ticketholder who is going by the venue's official information?

The majority of fans are not on this forum. How is posting here of any use for Regular GA Ticketholder who is going by the venue's official information?

Look man, just posting it here so people can share if they wish in whatever ways they want/or not.

100% agree with Headache that this is almost entirely on the band. The individual assholes have to take some personal responsibility for their behaviour but they wouldn't be able to do what they do outside of the confines of this ridiculous system.

And over the years I have fully come to believe that not only does the band NOT care but they in some way actually like seeing the same people over and over again. How else do you explain the rotating group of individuals being pulled up on stage over and over again? Thank GOD there is nobody going up this time around. Yes, you have some here and there that are one-timers but we also know a number of people who have gone up a handful of times if not more. How is it that the same people have enough of Larry's drumsticks to build a log cabin? Or Bono's harmonicas or setlists? So these people are being directly awarded for their obsessive behaviour. U2 could very easily do what Springsteen does and have random entry. Arenas are already used to this so it's not like you're reinventing the wheel for them. They could even start to do an online line up, they could print tickets with numbers, they could hire security and invalidate any line up that was independent. They could do a lot of things, don't let the "line leaders" dissuade you by trying to convince you that coming up with a better system is harder than curing cancer.

100% agree with Headache that this is almost entirely on the band. The individual assholes have to take some personal responsibility for their behaviour but they wouldn't be able to do what they do outside of the confines of this ridiculous system.

And over the years I have fully come to believe that not only does the band NOT care but they in some way actually like seeing the same people over and over again. How else do you explain the rotating group of individuals being pulled up on stage over and over again? Thank GOD there is nobody going up this time around. Yes, you have some here and there that are one-timers but we also know a number of people who have gone up a handful of times if not more. How is it that the same people have enough of Larry's drumsticks to build a log cabin? Or Bono's harmonicas or setlists? So these people are being directly awarded for their obsessive behaviour. U2 could very easily do what Springsteen does and have random entry. Arenas are already used to this so it's not like you're reinventing the wheel for them. They could even start to do an online line up, they could print tickets with numbers, they could hire security and invalidate any line up that was independent. They could do a lot of things, don't let the "line leaders" dissuade you by trying to convince you that coming up with a better system is harder than curing cancer.

I am not so sure.

Perhaps the band just does not want to bother.

http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f189/is-this-true-about-the-boston-dvd-206253.html#post6782817

post 22 is interesting.

perhaps this has changed.

there has been this manipulation in lines for as long as i can remember.

It's GA "line" shenanigan time!

If it's less than 59, something seems amiss, since he said the numbers are in the 50's and he's not there. I'm making the assumption 9 more people will arrive between his post and his arrival. Should be easy enough for someone to check his number onsite.

I am not so sure.

Perhaps the band just does not want to bother.

http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f189/is-this-true-about-the-boston-dvd-206253.html#post6782817

post 22 is interesting.

perhaps this has changed.

there has been this manipulation in lines for as long as i can remember.

Oh I remember the ridiculous sit-in quite well.

Bono can say what he wants in that interview, but they why keep bringing the same people up to the stage over and over again? I mean I shouldn't know these people's first names for heaven's sake...

We agree that the band needs to take things over, but not fully on the Vertigo style lottery. I do believe that those who put the time in all day should be rewarded. I just think they should, ya know, be there all day. And if not, have a wristband system run by the band and not a fan, to remove all doubt about special favors, spot holding and secrecy.

If that includes some sort of lottery? Ok, but there should be a cut off... You need to get your wristband by noon abd be back in line by 4 pm to be eligible for the lottery. This way there's still some randomness and allows more than just the usual crew to get first, but also requires some effort to be made on the part of the ticket holder.

That sounds good to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom