It's GA "line" shenanigan time!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow....

YnYRheY.jpg

Told you guys, everything always works out for those that out the effort. And U2 management approves the system as I knew.

Sorry haters.

PS: will be at metlife stadium line Tuesday at noon. If i have to help organize, will gladly do so again.
I'm going to keep repeating that a "system" built on rotten foundations cannot be justified no matter how you spin it or how well an individual does out of it. You don't seem to get this at all.

First off, I can understand wanting to be close to U2, ok? I'm on this board. Now bragging about one's band paraphernalia is douchey enough. But getting exciting about One Republic? Yeeeaaaah...

Anyway, I'm going to be at MetLife when gates open and will be tailgating. Probably too much food. Likely too much beer. But I'm feeling generous. Should I save anyone a drumstick?

All the credit to you.

But in order to remove uncertainty and hance of not being rail, being top 20 is still best.

Enjoy the show.

So if anyone ever wondered about the mentality of these line runners and how they're fine with screwing people over, his posts have been providing the perfect illustration. The condescension is appalling for a start, and the fact that none of them seem to care that by starting these lines days in advance - in secret in most cases until someone who isn't one of them finds out the info and blasts it out on social media - AGAINST THE POLICY THAT THE VENUE IS EMAILING TO PEOPLE is screwing over everyone who follows the rules is abundantly clear. People shouldn't have to be on social media and/or know the right people to have a shot at the rail if they want it.

My idea for a line that's fair? U2 coordinates with the venue and has one of their own people there, the venue includes when and where at the venue the line starts on the information email they send to ticket holders, and any list started by someone who is not the official band rep is invalid. This will stop people lining up days beforehand, stop people being added to the list by their friends while they're in other countries at shows, and all fans have equal access to the GA line info.

So if anyone ever wondered about the mentality of these line runners and how they're fine with screwing people over, his posts have been providing the perfect illustration. The condescension is appalling for a start, and the fact that none of them seem to care that by starting these lines days in advance - in secret in most cases until someone who isn't one of them finds out the info and blasts it out on social media - AGAINST THE POLICY THAT THE VENUE IS EMAILING TO PEOPLE is screwing over everyone who follows the rules is abundantly clear. People shouldn't have to be on social media and/or know the right people to have a shot at the rail if they want it.

My idea for a line that's fair? U2 coordinates with the venue and has one of their own people there, the venue includes when and where at the venue the line starts on the information email they send to ticket holders, and any list started by someone who is not the official band rep is invalid. This will stop people lining up days beforehand, stop people being added to the list by their friends while they're in other countries at shows, and all fans have equal access to the GA line info.

Yeah, but your drumstick collection is weak. /Jaime

Told you guys, everything always works out for those that out the effort. And U2 management approves the system as I knew.

Sorry haters.

PS: will be at metlife stadium line Tuesday at noon. If i have to help organize, will gladly do so again.

Nice of you to completely fail to respond to any of the points I made against your ridiculous list in my post to you earlier. But hey, keep posting "sorry haters" with that smarmy real estate agent photo of an avatar. You're a big man mate.

I, for one, think it's a shame that a list started in secret, against the specific and official instructions of the venue, with the names of people who were not even in the country yet, has been honoured. You are yet to explain how any of those are acceptable. Even if you claim the list is not "secret", and even if you bullsbhit that everybody was there at the start, you still can't get around the fact that the average GA ticketholder who receives and follows the venue's instructions gets screwed over by you and your self-entitled cronies.

So wait. What did I miss. Did karma finally catch up ?

Sadly, not yet it would appear.

It came so, so close. :(

It's funny how this group of people think that their actions are fine, that everyone who would want to know about secret offsite lines formed days ahead of time in clandestine locations, would have ways of finding out, etc. They need to get the fuck out of their little glowy U2 rail bubble and realize that just because they are a very vocal group does not mean that the majority agree with them. I've argued vociferously against them during past tours. This tour I gave up. I've basically checked out of the U2 fan world, because it's not fun anymore, and assholes like this are a large part of the reason. I still keep in touch with a group of U2 friends (who are much more than U2 friends, now), and went to the Toronto show on Friday (got in around 7:30, hung by the rigging at the back), but I'm pretty much done with the rest of the BS. If they can't see how innately unfair what they are doing to other fans is, I don't even know.

Now that I think about it, I'm glad they are doing the number system. Because of 9/11...

It's funny how this group of people think that their actions are fine, that everyone who would want to know about secret offsite lines formed days ahead of time in clandestine locations, would have ways of finding out, etc. They need to get the fuck out of their little glowy U2 rail bubble and realize that just because they are a very vocal group does not mean that the majority agree with them. I've argued vociferously against them during past tours. This tour I gave up. I've basically checked out of the U2 fan world, because it's not fun anymore, and assholes like this are a large part of the reason. I still keep in touch with a group of U2 friends (who are much more than U2 friends, now), and went to the Toronto show on Friday (got in around 7:30, hung by the rigging at the back), but I'm pretty much done with the rest of the BS. If they can't see how innately unfair what they are doing to other fans is, I don't even know.

You literally just said everything I've ever wanted to say. The funny thing is most of them have formed side cliques because they end up hating each other at the end of the tour. These people aren't really friends generally anyway, they're just users to get what they want. I'd far rather go visit my U2-made friends outside of a show (and I do, a lot) than "pretend" I have friends on show day. Total garbage and as far as I'm concerned the friendships I've made are worth far more than being on a rail acouple of times.

Yeah, and I consider myself lucky because I've seen U2 front row three or four times now because of my friend having a contact in Chicago. That's all I need. I feel absolutely blessed that I had that opportunity. The fact that these people need to have a certain spot every single time just shows that they're fucking losers who need to get their priorities straight.

You literally just said everything I've ever wanted to say. The funny thing is most of them have formed side cliques because they end up hating each other at the end of the tour. These people aren't really friends generally anyway, they're just users to get what they want. I'd far rather go visit my U2-made friends outside of a show (and I do, a lot) than "pretend" I have friends on show day. Total garbage and as far as I'm concerned the friendships I've made are worth far more than being on a rail acouple of times.

:up:

Yeah, and I consider myself lucky because I've seen U2 front row three or four times now because of my friend having a contact in Chicago. That's all I need. I feel absolutely blessed that I had that opportunity. The fact that these people need to have a certain spot every single time just shows that they're fucking losers who need to get their priorities straight.

Exactly. I've been on the rail several times, back during tours when lining up meant getting in line maybe the night before the show, or very early morning the day of, and staying in line till the doors opened...before it became this desperate, BSy thing it is now. And I met 3/4 of U2 back in '05, had a nice conversation with Bono, got a hug, got some things signed. I'll treasure that memory forever. But you know what? I've never tried to meet him since, because I'm not under the delusion that once I hit 10+ times meeting him, we will suddenly be bffs, and I will be on his Christmas card list. That's not the way it works. I'd rather back off and let someone else have the chance that I had.

I've never met any of the band. I came possibly close in Auckland a few years ago after I spent several nights reporting rehearsals back to Interference, but it was no skin off my nose they wanted to just take off.

I feel as though some fans would think hanging outside the stadium with no acknowledgment we were there for several nights, hours on end would be worth a hello, but then again I have a functional brain.

I've never met any of the band. I came possibly close in Auckland a few years ago after I spent several nights reporting rehearsals back to Interference, but it was no skin off my nose they wanted to just take off.

I feel as though some fans would think hanging outside the stadium with no acknowledgment we were there for several nights, hours on end would be worth a hello, but then again I have a functional brain.

Haha. Yeah. When we met them, it was like the perfect confluence of events*, and not likely to ever repeat itself, and I am fine with that.

*the opening of the 3rd leg of the Vertigo tour in Toronto. They'd been there for a week, rehearsing. It was the night before the opening date. There were maybe 25 people waiting outside. On the way out, their drivers pulled over and they got out. Spent probably 30 - 45 minutes out there chatting with people, very generous with signing things. The odds of me ever running into them again in a crowd that small, when they have time on their hands is pretty much nil, and I get that. I guess my brain functions.

:up:

Exactly. I've been on the rail several times, back during tours when lining up meant getting in line maybe the night before the show, or very early morning the day of, and staying in line till the doors opened...before it became this desperate, BSy thing it is now. And I met 3/4 of U2 back in '05, had a nice conversation with Bono, got a hug, got some things signed. I'll treasure that memory forever. But you know what? I've never tried to meet him since, because I'm not under the delusion that once I hit 10+ times meeting him, we will suddenly be bffs, and I will be on his Christmas card list. That's not the way it works. I'd rather back off and let someone else have the chance that I had.

❤️

I've been one back from rail and that's as close as I'll get because I refuse to participate in this insane system.

Up until this year I'd never met them because at shows the same people who run the lists would make sure to also be around when the band got to the venue, even though they'd met them plenty of times before.

Luckily, a couple days after the Pasadena shows they played Kimmel, the usual suspects were already in Texas, so I only had to deal with autograph hounds. Met Edge and Adam and hilariously missed meeting Bono because I'm short. It was amazing.

I have some great friends I've met through U2, who I see not just for U2 shows and not just because they get me a spot in a fake list.

Yeah, it's sad. Against everything that this band is supposed to stand for. Unbelievable greed and selfishness.

Coming from you, it really cements what is going on.

BTW. I think we were in the same place in yyz. I was in the open area to the right of the sound board and the first tower with a TV cam.

I'll have to gather my thoughts but this concert is probably the last for me for a while.

❤️

I've been one back from rail and that's as close as I'll get because I refuse to participate in this insane system.

Up until this year I'd never met them because at shows the same people who run the lists would make sure to also be around when the band got to the venue, even though they'd met them plenty of times before.

Luckily, a couple days after the Pasadena shows they played Kimmel, the usual suspects were already in Texas, so I only had to deal with autograph hounds. Met Edge and Adam and hilariously missed meeting Bono because I'm short. It was amazing.

I have some great friends I've met through U2, who I see not just for U2 shows and not just because they get me a spot in a fake list.

So glad you got to meet some of them!! And see? That's exactly what I mean, all fans should have the chance, and it infuriates me that others are so selfish about it.

I'm pretty sure that we have mutual friends. :)

Coming from you, it really cements what is going on.

BTW. I think we were in the same place in yyz. I was in the open area to the right of the sound board and the first tower with a TV cam.

I'll have to gather my thoughts but this concert is probably the last for me for a while.

That's exactly where we were! By the time we got in, the front and inside of the rail around the rigging was taken up, so we got a spot at the back corner.

Sorry to hear it's your last concert for a while. Do you mean just U2, or concerts in general?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom