Isle of Man Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheesy as hell yes, but I would have taken Sea & Sky over NLOTH. I don't get why everyone's wanking over it. Must just be how good it is in comparison to the other two.

i've not been reading the hype. was that a possible title? because it's kinda awesome.

to be fair, though, it's more of a title for an atmospheric album like tuf, which has it's own atmospheric title. and hey, look what i'm doing? overanalysing!

i've not been reading the hype. was that a possible title? because it's kinda awesome.

to be fair, though, it's more of a title for an atmospheric album like tuf, which has it's own atmospheric title. and hey, look what i'm doing? overanalysing!

No, it's just what a bunch of over imaginative fans thought the title would be because it was the name of the U2vid that was just a visual no line on the horizon. They also believed that if Sea and Sky was the real title, it was proof it was going to be a double album.

Yeah, I guess that's true, and this is not shaping up to be an overly atmospheric album from the sounds of it oh god I'm overanalyzing too!!!!

I guess the reason the nineties albums are getting so many votes is because U2 were so lazy and stoned the whole decade they only released three albums counted on the list, whereas there were like forty million albums in the eighties, thus votes are divided by them.

YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN

I guess the reason the nineties albums are getting so many votes is because U2 were so lazy and stoned the whole decade they only released three albums counted on the list, whereas there were like forty million albums in the eighties, thus votes are divided by them.

YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN

I'll go with any excuse :up:

No, it's just what a bunch of over imaginative fans thought the title would be because it was the name of the U2vid that was just a visual no line on the horizon. They also believed that if Sea and Sky was the real title, it was proof it was going to be a double album.

Yeah, I guess that's true, and this is not shaping up to be an overly atmospheric album from the sounds of it oh god I'm overanalyzing too!!!!

ugh. people are crazy.

i don't really care if it's not atmospheric. like i keep saying, if it's good music, good. i'm not going to call it the second coming now, nor am i stupid enough to write it off already. i'd love for u2 to produce another tuf, jt or passengers, but they're not bad at other stuff too.

Ian! Why are you posting in no caps? Khan isn't even here!

i don't know! what started out as a caps lock filter protest has broken my typing. it's not unusual for me to produce a sentence like the following: I'm not sure how i feel about u2's new album, i do hope it's good but I can't be sure.

wtf happened, it's like i had a stroke.

ugh. people are crazy.

i don't really care if it's not atmospheric. like i keep saying, if it's good music, good. i'm not going to call it the second coming now, nor am i stupid enough to write it off already. i'd love for u2 to produce another tuf, jt or passengers, but they're not bad at other stuff too.

Ain't that the truth. Did you know because the Sea and Sky video was 2:28 long the album's coming out on February 28th?

I know what I want from them, and I know that I can no longer have any expectations from them. They continue to change their sound, and for the most part, we're simply along for the ride. I would of course be the happiest person on earth if the album was one bit of atmosphere after the other, but, they don't want to do that, from the sounds of it, and who am I to say they should do otherwise? If they think they've found the source of what could be their greatest album, well, for the time being, I'll trust them, and be pleasantly optimistic until my ears tell me otherwise.

i don't know! what started out as a caps lock filter protest has broken my typing. it's not unusual for me to produce a sentence like the following: I'm not sure how i feel about u2's new album, i do hope it's good but I can't be sure.

wtf happened, it's like i had a stroke.

Change it! I feel like I'm on a board about Indie brands of herbal tea or something.

Ain't that the truth. Did you know because the Sea and Sky video was 2:28 long the album's coming out on February 28th?

I know what I want from them, and I know that I can no longer have any expectations from them. They continue to change their sound, and for the most part, we're simply along for the ride. I would of course be the happiest person on earth if the album was one bit of atmosphere after the other, but, they don't want to do that, from the sounds of it, and who am I to say they should do otherwise? If they think they've found the source of what could be their greatest album, well, for the time being, I'll trust them, and be pleasantly optimistic until my ears tell me otherwise.

IT'S NOT A MOTHERFUCKING EPISODE OF LOST, PEOPLE. I'm (oh shit, it's happening again) not going to shoot down enthusiasm, but...fuck.

I like what you're saying. You're clearly too sensible for wtahan, and probably half of this thread too :shh:

IT'S NOT A MOTHERFUCKING EPISODE OF LOST, PEOPLE. I'm (oh shit, it's happening again) not going to shoot down enthusiasm, but...fuck.

I like what you're saying. You're clearly too sensible for wtahan, and probably half of this thread too :shh:

Enthusiasm is one thing. Borderline insanity however...

I probably should be banned from interference in general, I know.

I'm just disappointed we haven't joined a forum about catamarans yet.

Indie catamarans.

we've moved on. it's all about trimarans now.

earthrace_small.jpg

look at that angry motherfucker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom