Isle of Man Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I could tolerate OOTS, if it wasn't for that one really really ultra-mega-super-awful line. it makes all the other lines of a lesser awfulness that much more unbearable.

I actually can't listen to it. *skips that whole verse*

Alright, so this is Billie. She is four years old and a border collie/kelpie cross. She hates other dogs! She can bounce a ball on her nose like a seal, which truly impresses many ladies and gentlemen. She could probably do our taxes.

billie1ui0.jpg

:cute: Will ya look at the socks!

You need to show pics of that ball on nose act!

Oh, we're having a Bomb listening party?

I can't even tell you the last time I listened to it all the way through.
same here.

btw, i crack up at the abbreviation oots. it's hilarious. oots! it reminds me of that song that goes "i like to oot, oot, oot ooples and banoonoos." no one probably knows wtf i'm talking about :reject:

Alright, so this is Billie. She is four years old and a border collie/kelpie cross. She hates other dogs! She can bounce a ball on her nose like a seal, which truly impresses many ladies and gentlemen. She could probably do our taxes.

billie1ui0.jpg

Aw! :cute: Does she get along with people okay?

As I said, Billie thinks most other dogs are real tossers. Sure, maybe the odd other kelpie and collie, and surprisingly once even an Irish Wolfhound she got along well with, but the others? They can piss off, she reckons.

Here she is looking at my cousin's labrador.

billie2at3.jpg

I could tolerate OOTS, if it wasn't for that one really really ultra-mega-super-awful line. it makes all the other lines of a lesser awfulness that much more unbearable.

I actually can't listen to it. *skips that whole verse*

Which line? It has a lot of terrible ones. DIDIT DIDIT DIDIT DIDIT DIDIT.

And ugh, Yahweh. The intro is dreadful because of the production - there is no nuance, so everything just disappears into a useless mishmash of noise. The guitar eventually emerges.

And hey, Bono? Songs like UTEOTW, WUDM, even Gloria are the sort that an atheist like me can also appreciate. Yahweh? Fuck off, fundie boy.

I can hear the drummer that needs a swift kick in the arse. I'm glad he stayed away from the snare on this one. Floor toms are actually appropriate. coulda used the quiet tss of the hi-hats pedal, though, I think...

Made the drums a bit too epic at the end. Sure, the song built out of it's lilt, but not that much, Lars. Don't get ahead of yourself.

:lol:

same here.

btw, i crack up at the abbreviation oots. it's hilarious. oots! it reminds me of that song that goes "i like to oot, oot, oot ooples and banoonoos." no one probably knows wtf i'm talking about :reject:

I think I know that song! :lol:

It reminds me of a webcomic called Order Of The Stick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom