is buying (RED) off EBAY bad?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jeffo17

Acrobat
I cannot get any Red Products in Australia so my only option is Ebay... Offcourse the best thing is to buy it from a store if possible... But is it bad to buy (RED) products from Ebay seeing the profits will not go directly to the Global Fund?

I see it if i buy (RED) off ebay which is my only option, The sellers will buy even more (RED) to sell so thats a good thing??

You could buy the (RED) off eBay and also make a donation to the Global Fund. That would be the best option to me.

Someone had to buy the product in the first place, so a donation has already gone to the Global Fund, so I can't really see where there is much of a problem if the item is legit. I just wonder if some of the stuff on eBay is counterfeit which would be a problem on several fronts.

To me an ideal situation would be if you knew someone in a country where the products are sold. That way you could send or PayPal money to that person and that person could buy the item and then send it on to you. Or maybe you could buy the item online and have it shipped to someone you know (in the country where it is sold) and then they could send it on to you (and you could pay them for the extra postage. Of course these scenarios require a lot of trust from both people, so maybe it's not such a great idea after all. :(

Some people think its bad to buy off ebay, but I think as long as it's bought to go to charity in the first place and is not up for more profit, i wouldn't see a problem there

indra said:

To me an ideal situation would be if you knew someone in a country where the products are sold. That way you could send or PayPal money to that person and that person could buy the item and then send it on to you. Or maybe you could buy the item online and have it shipped to someone you know (in the country where it is sold) and then they could send it on to you (and you could pay them for the extra postage.

I've offered to do this in the other (RED) threads, but no one contacted me. The offer's still on the table, but there's hardly any stuff at my local Gaps anymore.

Liesje said:

I've offered to do this in the other (RED) threads, but no one contacted me. The offer's still on the table, but there's hardly any stuff at my local Gaps anymore.

yeah you could either find it online of find it at a huge gap store...they still sell em and they will for 5 more years..

Liesje said:

I would be deffently interested in doing this... ill contact you later...

Ive offered to do it for a few people in Canada.. only problem is that my closest gap is an hour away..

i don't think it would be bad, because In Australia we can't buy the RED products.

But someone has already paid for it, so the money has gone to Charity.

Ok, I'll make my confession here - i bought the inspi(red) tshirt off ebay - i was fed up with waiting for GAP to ship to australia - i even emailed them a couple of times to see if there was any way they could do it for me, but to no avail:(
I'm pretty sure the shirt is legit - it had all the correct tags etc attached, so at least someone else has paid the money for it somewhere along the line.
I've bought a number of MPH items, both from their website, and at the MPH fair that was on in november, and i sponsor a community thru Save The Children, so I do feel that i'm making a contribution to global poverty in other ways as well.
I just HAD to have that tshirt!!
I do wish I'd seen Liesje's kind offer before now - i certainly would have taken you up on it!!

Back
Top Bottom