Is Bono unintentionally hurting U2?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
At least he is trying to do the right thing. How many rock stars do something good for the world? Huh yeah thats right, not many. So people should quit complaning, he could be just another sleazy millionaire spending all his money on booze and drugs. He is a great role model for people all over the world, but most of them are do damn lazy to get off thier ass and do something, all they want to do is complain. I think he is a great person, and a great rock star, better than great he is the best friggin thing to ever happen to music and anyone who says otherwise:madspit:

They had a story in my paper today that told about the album being finished, frustrated guitar player, dodgy politicians, home straight, etc. all the stuff we've seen here for ages! :D (yay interference!) But at the end it commented that Edge had 'recently showed anger' to Bono's political work. I think that was added by the person who condensed the stories into one small one, because Edge has not ever been 'angry.' Wrong choice of words, but some who don't know U2 would see that and believe it and that bugs me.

U2Kitten said:
They had a story in my paper today that told about the album being finished, frustrated guitar player, dodgy politicians, home straight, etc. all the stuff we've seen here for ages! :D (yay interference!) But at the end it commented that Edge had 'recently showed anger' to Bono's political work. I think that was added by the person who condensed the stories into one small one, because Edge has not ever been 'angry.' Wrong choice of words, but some who don't know U2 would see that and believe it and that bugs me.

Edge has every right to be angry. Edge knows his place in the world, he is a guitar player - a musician. So he makes music. Meanwhile, there is Bono doing all his world-saving act hogging all the headlines and delaying U2's album by his globe-trotting. But wait - Bono is a musician too just like Edge. So if being a singer is his job, whatever else he is doing should be classified as "extra-curricular activities". But it seems lately Bono is doing more extra-curricular activities over his main and primary job which is be a singer. So naturally, Edge is angry. I'm sure Adam and Larry are too.

Cheers,

J

If Edge is so angry he can leave at any time. No one's making him stay.

Besides, Bono's humanitarian work is sure as hell NOT just an "extra-curricular activity". He's been doing this since the mid-80s. I doubt Edge is really "angry" anyway. Why would he be angry NOW and not back then?

I read today that Edge got frustrated at Bono so Bono kicked Edge out of the band and since Edge is now unemployed his roomates kicked him out so Edge is pretending to be a substitute teacher at this school and he's teaching the kids about music and he's going to enter them in a battle of the bands.

Back
Top Bottom