Interference Random Music Talk Pt XVI - Post-Cool Double Rainbow...WHAT DOES IT MEAN?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha. Absolutely no worries. I'm stunned that you didn't notice that they were in white face, but I'll eventually get over it. Eventually.

I saw Of Montreal at the Pitchfork fest back in 2007, before I'd heard any of their music, and I was so turned off by Barnes I just can't get into the band. The guy is just an absolute jackass. He makes Perry Farrell look like Bing Crosby.

I didn't realize what they were going for either, and now that I do, I'm even more bothered then the initial unsettling feelings I had when I watched it live.

someone on my facebook just joined the following: "Eminem is a real rapper because he doesn't rap about sex, cars, and money.......he rap's about life."

some people are just stupid.

Could one of the Aussies in this thread please use the term 'fair dinkum' in a sentence? It makes me giggle

I'm not particularly adept at chugging things, so it didn't go particularly well. Also, to be assholes, they got me a very large bottle of it.

Still a step up from Natty.

Okay, can you tell me what that's about? When I was out with my aunts and cousin in Wisconsin last month, a group of guys were having this appalling Jersey Shore farewell to their friend, and one of them GOT ICED.

I was all ".... whut?"

In other news, the band supposedly rehearsed
Serve Me Smash Me Block Me Cock Me, part of Groin (my new title) and did a little combo of Spin-->Moment of Service

It just seems like they're going back to the glam sound of Love and Peace or Cock and All Because of Cock, and it sounds like a bit of a step back. Of course, I doubt they would debut anything very experimental or intimate during a tour.

I like what I heard though, outside of context.

if it's the song that was done for glastonbury i'm not shocked it's meant to be a big glam stadium track, and if it was the glastonbury song i wouldn't be using it as a guide for future album work.

until the evidence is overwhelming, i'm clinging to soon as being the guide for the next album.

It's definitely that song, you can hear him say Glastonbury in the lyrics.

The song's probably called Flowering Rose because that's said like four times each chorus.

It's definitely that song, you can hear him say Glastonbury in the lyrics.

The song's probably called Flowering Rose because that's said like four times each chorus.

That title is idiotic. Makes me think of "Goodbye England's Rose". Also, writing a song for the occasion of Glastonbury's 40th anniversary is one thing, but actually writing about it and dropping the name in the song is a little cheesy.

At least the music sounds good.

That's a little unfair.

nnoth_cover.jpg

Was a step in the right direction, for the most part.

"Hold Me, Thrill Me..." and "Gone" are two of the songs in the catalogue that match up best with the overall aesthetic of the 360 glowing crab stage. So the rehearsals of those are exciting. Maybe they finally understand the stage they're using? And it could lead to more Zooropa/Pop songs. They've only got four more days of rehearsal, so we will find out soon enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom