Interference Random Music Talk Part XIX: The One without a Clever Title

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I once thought that Van Halen was a decent band. Then I lived in a place where the local rock station played Van Halen at least once every five songs. Now I despise Van Halen.

I like some early Van Halen, in small doses.

I thought that the DLR-only edit of Runnin' With the Devil was the fucking funniest thing I'd ever heard when it first showed up a few years ago.

Annnnnd to top things off last night, I listened to Straight Outta Compton.

Ready for the shock of your life, Cassie?

That shit was awesome. I mean by the end of the album I was having an interior dialogue with myself to the tune of "That was awesome" "What? You hate albums where half of the songs are about bitches and pussy." "Yeah but...it was fun." "And they mentioned where they were from like 1000 times, and all of the songs had about five verses just so everyone could rap and they were always about the same thing and that --" "No, you don't seem to understand. That shit was awesome." "Explain." "It was fun, plus, holy shit Dr. Dre."

Or something like that. Hands down Dr. Dre was the best part, and that last song (well the last song on my copy, apparently I missed out on a fun closer) was the coolest thing on there. Mostly because it was Dre messing around with the beats (At least I think it was him...right? They kept talking to him whenever the drums/beats came in) which were my favorite part of the album.

Ayyyyyyyyyyy Teeeeeeeeeeeee Elllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Crusin', in the Ayyyyyyyyyyyy Teeeeeeeeeeeeeee Elllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Stankonia Express
What''s your blow-co-mo-tive?

Van Halen's first record came out in 1978. Think about that for a second. That's the tail end of disco for god's sake.

They changed the way guitar could sound for a generation of people. Really can't overstate Eddie van Halen's influence as an axeman, even though the 80s got pretty bad with the hair metal. VH were the real deal before all that.

The intro to Women in Love makes me wanna jizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

On a different note, I have to skip seeing Black Mountain open for the Black Angels (DAMMIT), because my sweet husband wants to go to Bishop after Death Valley during our annual Thanksgiving week trip to Nevada/Owens Valley. This is how great a wife I am.

DAMMIT.

But, he says he'll "make it worth my while."

If you get his meaning.

So it may turn out alright after all.

Screw tried his damndest to ruin Kate Bush for me, but Hounds of Love is still a fine record.

Murmurs of AWESOME.

If I'm looking for mindless riff raff, I'll take GAF.

That's unnecessary.

I'm just gonna come out and say this, and, you know, whatever the consequences are, I'll suffer them with dignity:

I like the song "I want it that way".

As usual, my offer to fight you all one by one stands should you want to step to me now.

hair metal and all that passed me right by, being born in 1990 and all. i have no desire whatsoever to check it out, regardless of how decent some of the bands may have been.

I like the song "I want it that way".

Tell me why.

Please allow me to reiterate my contempt for Van Halen. If I'm looking for mindless riff rock, I'll take Aerosmith.

Aerosmith fucking sucks. The difference between them and Van Halen are that people delusionally think Aerosmith are important because they started 5 years earlier, but they're just as shallow and are weaker musicians.

I could make a longer list of good VH songs from 6 good to very good albums to choose from; Aerosmith hasn't done anything worth mentioning since the Draw the Line album and their albums had way more filler than VH's to begin with. Any of those albums have more than 3 good songs? Toys in the Attic? That's about it.

Oh yeah, and let's not forget that Aerosmith hired HITMAKER SONGWRITERS like Desmond Child and Diane Warren so they could get on the radio during their big comeback album. And KEPT USING THEM ON SUBSEQUENT RELEASES. Van Halen never stooped that low.

That's not rock and roll. Fucking whores.

One more sensible person.

At the risk of coming across as presumptuous, please add me to that list. Toys In The Attic, Rocks >>>>> any single album VH has released. Which actually isn't a huge compliment to Aerosmith since VH's albums suck.

I suppose enlisting the dude from Extreme is more rock and roll than Diane Warren. But they still had a dude from Extreme on lead vocals.

I prefer Aerosmith to Van Halen, but VH's first three albums are as strong as Aerosmith's strongest (Toys in the Attic, Rocks).

no such thing as a good aerosmith song.

van halen...ok, i can't think of any van halen i can stand, either. i'd rather listen to rush.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom