Interference Random Music Talk Part XIV - Magic everywhere in this bitch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like the singer/songwriter?

yes
this is me

johnkerrES_228x300.jpg

Mixtapes, guyz. My ATYCLB ends with the America: A Tribute to Heroes version of "Walk On."

Thanks, iTunes!

I'd love to get the remastered version of Disintegration that comes out in June, but I have no use for a 3-disc set. I just want the album!

So... anyone know when Pinkerton Deluxe is supposed to come out?

I forgot such a thing was coming. Amazon has it listed, but no release date or info what's on it as a bonus. Must still be a ways out.

I'd love to get the remastered version of Disintegration that comes out in June, but I have no use for a 3-disc set. I just want the album!

The third disc should be pretty stellar, but I wish Robert would realize that the demos are interesting to no one other than himself.

YouTube - Love - You Set the Scene

The last four minutes of this song contain pretty much everything I love about music. Could have made an entire thread about Love, Forever Changes specifically, but I doubt there are enough fans of theirs here to justify it. Just wanted to share this awesome, awesome song.

I understand how you feel, seeing as how it's better than almost all of what comes before it (with the exception of Serve On). Just has a completely different vibe, was from different sessions, and is aiming for something artistic in a way that the album itself doesn't really try to contend with.

Plus, the lyrics were written by someone else and are about his own novel.

Side one is perfect (and I contend that the vast majority of Forever Changes is anything but), and while I'll grant you that "Revelation" doesn't need to be as long as it is, it's also unjustly maligned.

Basically, "Revelation" >>>>>>>>>>>>>> "The Red Telephone."

If you can listen to a band called Steel Pole Bath Tub with a straight face, I'm impressed.

I can. They were one of those OG noise rock bands from the glory days of the post-Nirvana, SIGN EVERY BAND THAT EXISTS era. Wonderful, even if their major debut went unreleased for nearly 10 years.

Other genuinely good bands with genuinely great names:

Harry Pussy
Anal Cunt (only good if you're into grindcore, and that's a big "only good if," I know)
Scrotum Poles
Melvins
Jerusalem and the Starbaskets
Puffy Areolas
Vile Gash
Assfactor 4
Vertical Slit
...and, of course, the Sex Pistols

Come to think of it, there are too many to list and I'm not really up for it. But that's a decent start, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom