Interference Random Music Talk Part XIV - Magic everywhere in this bitch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stop trying to kid yourself, Scumbo. You know very well you were working at the Olive Garden in 2006, and probably refilled Cori's breadstick basket.

Jeez, this thread took off tonight. It's just like old Shuttlecock times.

I agree with LM, who compared Ball-Boy favorably to CockWar. The latter has some fantastic, sophisticated tracks, but it's not nearly as consistent. And I don't know why so many people hate on Red Flag when The Referee is the true stinker. What kind of Duran Duran-bullshit is that song on about?

I'd make fun of Cori's obsession but it wouldn't be fair in light of her generosity.

Mine are on CDs (multiple shows on each disc; depending on the recording/file size, there are some shows I can only fit 2 per disc), all piled into one of those plastic milk crate deals.

I have a select few recorded onto CD and shelved with my other CDs.

And a big spreadsheet documenting all of them, in chronological order, which disc they're on. My project now is going through and listening to bits of them to identify the ones that are actually listenable.

:crack:

No beating around the bush with euphemisms or funny names for genitalia.

Irony FTW.

I also like Boy more than War, but I like the high points on War more than the high points on Boy. New Year's Day/Like A Song is one of the best one-two punches in their catalogue.

I think Boy's probably one of the most consistent. Up there with The Joshua Tree and Achtung Baby; only a dud or two on each.

Mine are on CDs (multiple shows on each disc; depending on the recording/file size, there are some shows I can only fit 2 per disc), all piled into one of those plastic milk crate deals.

I have a select few recorded onto CD and shelved with my other CDs.

And a big spreadsheet documenting all of them, in chronological order, which disc they're on. My project now is going through and listening to bits of them to identify the ones that are actually listenable.

/has no life
omg, i love you.

re: u2 albums. boy's definitely a nice, consistent debut album. october doesn't deserve a lot of the flak it gets, i think it's good. i agree with war being dated, the album's a bit divisive for me, i either love a song or don't like it. seconds is great, i like drowning man and surrender too.

so yeah.

imo

I also like Boy a lot more than War. The second half of War contains a few of the worst songs of U2's catalogue. I don't like one song on the second half. But the first half of War had U2's best music up till then. It's really a mixed album.
On Boy I like every song.

I would miss seeing them live, and it's hard to imagine because of the whole "live is where we live" thing (I mean, maybe the mere thought of not being able to tour would mean they just break up), but maybe it would mean less focus on hits and attracting new young fans and getting crowds all riled up, and just putting out music not focused on these goals.

That would only work if they also gave up on getting radio play and having hit singles. I'm not sure if they're resigned to giving this up yet.

Boy is indeed a wonderful debut :heart:, it still feels fresh and full of youthful energy and enthusiasm. It's a rare album that has a clearly adolescent vibe and yet makes me smile rather than cringe.

, and probably refilled Cori's breadstick basket.

Er .... just what are you implying? :shifty:

I'd make fun of Cori's obsession but it wouldn't be fair in light of her generosity.

:kiss: Part of my initial insane troll logic (/Buffy reference) reasoning was that I could pipe up if anyone said they were looking for such and such bootleg, I could share it.

I just want to share the magic!

Shadows and Tall Trees & Stranger in a Strange Land = disgustingly underrated

Ha. Shadows is by far my least favorite on Boy, and Stranger is my second least favorite on October.

I really LOVE the music on Cockweh, particularly the guitar. Very reminiscent of One Cock Hill. For that alone I'd rank it above Ace, Is That All (of Your Cock)?, MLCock, and Shadows and Stabbings.

Grace is really my least favourite closer. It's as if they want you to fall asleep at the end of the album.

Grace is one of the few songs William Shatner could cover and the difference wouldn't be all that radical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom