Interference Random Music Talk Part XI: Buttmeat Rides Again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And will it be better than the last one? Pwease?

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that way about Neon Bible. Others have mentioned "Keep the Car Running," which is one of the few songs I truly enjoy on that album. If I'm in the mood for Arcade Fire, it's always Funeral; it has that spark of excitement, again, like somebody else already mentioned.

A rather nice band/track I came across yesterday:

YouTube - Soft Boys/The Queen of Eyes

Apparently, Underwater Moonlight is a classic for the ages, but I'm just trying to adjust to the offbeat lyrics, honestly. :lol: I love the vocalist, fantastic delivery. Lots of good melodies too. It was labeled as jangle-pop/neo-psychedelia, but it's certainly closer to post-punk, with an ear for a catchy tune. It wasn't what I was expecting, but I'm sure it'll become a favorite down the stretch.

I used to love it, but now it just reminds me of TV sports montages with a lot of slow-motion shots.

I may love it again sometime in the future.

"By a jumbo jet" and "it's not my problem" are the only words I understand, so I'd safely be one of the people irritating Peefer.

"By a jumbo jet" and "it's not my problem" are the only words I understand, so I'd safely be one of the people irritating Peefer.

When I feel heavy metal!
And I'm pins and I'm needles!
When I lie and I'm easy!
All of the time but I'm never sure why I need you
Pleased to meet you!

I'm almost sure that's the chorus.

Why did you die on me with all the blood!?

/somehow forgot until now the best location to put for Alfan

Can you fill a pillowcase this big full of monies? Then you are ready to make a movie.

I just watched a Q&A with Patton where he professed his love for that movie. So in short, suck it, Laz.

Can you fill a pillowcase this big full of monies? Then you are ready to make a movie.

I just watched a Q&A with Patton where he professed his love for that movie. So in short, suck it, Laz.

They find it in the refrigerator!

Where can this Q&A be found?

The YouTubez. He's talking about Big Fan, then he makes an off-hand comment asking if The Room had been played in that particular theater yet, or if anyone had seen it.

The song's decent. I probably like it better than The Undergod, so that's a good sign.

How cool would it be if they managed to score a #1 record? It doesn't take much these days, considering sales are down.

And I love the cover:

spooncov452.jpg

Also, the NPR page where you can stream the Spoon single also has a track from the new Norah Jones album, which is quite a change in direction for her.

Worth a listen. And apparently THE SHEFF! from THE OKK! plays on there.

I really like the new Norah Jones album, although I will admit to very much enjoying her first two CDs. Her second one in particular.

The last one (Not Too Late) was a total snoozefest, though, devoid of everything that made her first two albums so charming.

I cannot wait for the end of the year music thread in B&C. It allows me to catch up on what I've missed and assess if I've kept up for the year. I feel a lot better about having kept with 2009 than with 2008.

I cannot wait for the end of the year music thread in B&C. It allows me to catch up on what I've missed and assess if I've kept up for the year. I feel a lot better about having kept with 2009 than with 2008.

I've heard 96 albums this year (not enviable; I've heard some total crap this year :lol: ), so I certainly have a LOT to contribute. I'll be making a full top 10 thread, as well as a playlist for you guys.

I've heard 96 albums this year (not enviable; I've heard some total crap this year :lol: ), so I certainly have a LOT to contribute. I'll be making a full top 10 thread, as well as a playlist for you guys.

96? Geez. I've only heard 14 (I think).

It's the opposite for me, I was driving back to school today and straining to think of brand new bands, or bands that were new to me I've gotten into in 2009, it's a lot less than last year, so year end stuff on break should be nice, I'll get to track stuff down on youtube, Last.fm and then libraries/record stores.

I was having a pretty crap day, not gonna lie that a big smile crossed my face when Ludacris' 'Pimpin' All Over the World' popped up on shuffle :lol:.

With 96 albums, you might as well make a top 20 or 25 instead of just 10. The more the merrier, I say.

Very nice. I did a quick count, and I've listened to 64 albums from this year, which is quite a few more than I thought.

With 96 albums, you might as well make a top 20 or 25 instead of just 10. The more the merrier, I say.

Yeah, top 20 sounds good, and I'll make a separate article that gives a one-sentence synopsis of each album. Ex:

95. Bowling For Soup - Sorry For Partyin'
"Beer, with a twist of derivative tosh."

"Written in Reverse" is fun, but "The Underdog" is the most infectious Spoon song for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom