Interference Random Music Talk Part V: A Shuttlecock by any other name...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuck Cheapo. I'm never going back. Pathetic excuse for a "record store."

Amy Winehouse looks terrible but deep down I hope she really gets off the drugs, I really do like her music, I'd rather she continues to make good music than become nothing more than a female Pete Doherty

Definitely. I love Back to Black. I was extremely disappointed when she bowed out of ACL Fest 2007.

To continue on the Mute Math thing from last night: I just realized they're playing ACL, so if I got into them that'd be one more in the "make the festival suck less" column. I also just realized they're on the Twilight and Transformers soundtracks. I'd potentially look past this, but they did the fucking Transformers THEME SONG for its soundtrack.

Last week my boss' boss and I were exchanging Naked Gun lines.

We had a departmental softball game and I sang the national anthem, after which he pointed to me and yelled "Hey! It's Enrico Polazzo!"

"No, Frank ... heroin ..."

"That's a pretty tall order there, Nordberg, you'll have to give me a little time on that one."

Enrico Polazzo kills me, but so does this gem:

Frank: It's the same old story. Boy finds girl, boy loses girl, girl finds boy, boy forgets girl, boy remembers girl, girls dies in a tragic blimp accident over the Orange Bowl on New Year's Day.
Jane: Goodyear?
Frank: No, the worst.

And I don't like Magnificock as an opener either, for the reason I said the other day--the verses aren't energetic enough.

Have they even tried opening with No Net yet?

Am I the only one who has a problem with that as an opener? Not talking about the quality of the song itself.

It's my favorite song on the album, but it doesn't scream OPENER to me. I don't know what I would replace it with, though. And who knows - maybe they'll amp it up so that it blows the roof off the place. I'll wait to see and hear what they end up actually doing.

Frank: It's the same old story. Boy finds girl, boy loses girl, girl finds boy, boy forgets girl, boy remembers girl, girls dies in a tragic blimp accident over the Orange Bowl on New Year's Day.
Jane: Goodyear?
Frank: No, the worst.

Love it.

I said in that last MJ thread (U2, madonna and MJ as ruling rock gods or whatever) that the planned 5 zillion shows or whatever in London would never happen.

Granted, I thought it would be for him flaking due to whatever crazy reason, not him dying. But still. I will only do my "I told you so" smug dance in here. And just this once, and then I'll go on to more appropriate emotions.

The title track is the best opener. I'm glad they're not rehearsing much new stuff, hopefully it makes more room for 90s tunes. After I see the setlists and if the spectacle is all it's cracked up to be, I'll decide if I'm selling my tickets or not. Too bad they're not doing "Courts of Lebanon" though, it being their best song since Poppycock by a wide margin. This is an instance where stadiums really limit their song selection. They wouldn't be able to pull that one off.

There's no way for me to laugh at this and not look like an asshole, right?

Go for it.

Watch them snippet Courts during some other song or something.

Bring back "Please," honkies.

They do need to bring that back. Here are few songs there is no reason they couldn't do, but they still won't:

"Even Better than the Real Cock"
"Evacuate"
"Discocock"
"Mo'cock"
"Cock (Not Coming Down)"
"Racquet Wire"
"Net"
"Lancemom"
"Dirty Play"
"11 O'Clock Stiff Cock"

Lancemom I can totally understand them not doing on a regular basis, but the others are so damn energetic and awesome that it would be stupid if they didn't show up at least once.

And Last Cock on Earth, my lone contribution to the Shuttlecock canon.

Well I don't think Boner can sing "Lancemom" anymore, so I guess it's a moot point. But yeah, the others are high on energy. "A Sort of Cock Coming" should be there too. And bring back "Love is Badminton" on a more regular basis.

I hope to god we're not going to hear Shuttlecock covering an MJ song every night now. Let the Cock-Eyed Peas and cock.i.am handle that.

I'm already sick of talking about it, honestly.

And yeah, Boner is probably going to go way overboard on this.

that the planned 5 zillion shows or whatever in London would never happen.

Granted, I thought it would be for him flaking due to whatever crazy reason, not him dying. But still. I will only do my "I told you so" smug dance in here. And just this once, and then I'll go on to more appropriate emotions.

I thought the same thing when those shows were announced.

Wow, someone is fucking ON POINT today:

5128_120740291082_654046082_3330596.jpg

Genius.

I put on MTV for the first time in years in between draft picks to see what they were making of this business. Is there a bigger piece of shit on TV than John Norris? Look at the guy's hair! He's like fucking 40!

When Bono's innings comes to an end, this site wont cope

Also loads of people would sign up to take the piss

Yeah, there's a lot of people who hate Boner, but firstly, while he may be vain he certainly isn't a walking Dr. Moreau experiment and second he wasn't accused of molesting children twice, settling out of court to avoid a trial.

Michael Jacksoff deserves as much scorn and derision as anyone's willing to dish out. No rest for the fucking wicked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom