im scared to be raptured

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
netminder0 said:
No, you asked me what is the point of God's grace ... and I answered by saying it is everything. Without God's grace, we would have no hope.
I asked you what the point of God's grace is, if your motive is not to gain access to heaven, but to please God.

Once again your belief that we would have no hope, is just that, a belief, not fact.

Let's put it this way ... without God's grace, no one could go to heaven. And if no one could go to heaven, then no one would have hope. Grace is a gift from God, to us.

Irvine511 said:

No, not yet, but if the thread continues like this I'll seriously consider it. Hmm, I wonder where I put the cooking sherry.

Im sorry ... we keep misunderstanding each other ... and it because this topic is so complex. Its okay though.

Obviously everyone wants to go to heaven, but there are many different motives for going. Some want heaven just so they don't have to go to hell. Others have a more selfless reason.

I do want to go to heaven, but I want to go to be with Jesus. Jesus died in my place. He blesses me so much. The least I can do is believe in Him and live a life that pleases Him.

Now, living a good life doesn't save a person. And that is what I meant. I mean we cant work our way into heaven with good deeds. We can only get there through Jesus' blood.

netminder0 said:
Let's put it this way ... without God's grace, no one could go to heaven. And if no one could go to heaven, then no one would have hope. Grace is a gift from God, to us.

you know, you're not really interested in a discussion, are you.

you just want to pretend to have a discussion, and then use other posts as springboards to launch off into various statements about just how wonderful and beautiful and perfect your faith and your God is and how you've got it figured out and everyone who doesn't share your beliefs are doomed, but that's okay, you see, because you love the poor dears anyway.

thank goodness you found Christ! what else would you do with your spare time?

If I didn't find Christ, I'd probably be just like you. Not in a bad way or anything ... its just that with Christ, I have an eternal perspective on life. I don't just live for the moment, but I live for eternity.

netminder0 said:
If I didn't find Christ, I'd probably be just like you. Not in a bad way or anything ... its just that with Christ, I have an eternal perspective on life. I don't just live for the moment, but I live for eternity.
Who are you to assume whether someone has "found Christ" or not? For all you know I could believe that Christ died for my sins too!

netminder0 said:
Some want heaven just so they don't have to go to hell. Others have a more selfless reason.

Jesus save me from judgmental Christians!

First of all, that comment was not general ... it was specific to Irvine. And I know Irvine has not found Christ, because you can tell when someone has. A change occurs in their life.

netminder0 said:
First of all, that comment was not general ... it was specific to Irvine. And I know Irvine has not found Christ, because you can tell when someone has. A change occurs in their life.

wow.

you're an embarassment to your fellow Christians.

And the reason why I started participating in these discussions, is to tell everyone of the truth. And the radical thing about it is that now that you have all heard the truth, you are held accountable for the truth. You will make a choice about these matters for yourself, and you will be held accountable for your choice.

It isn't about judging anyone. God will be the high Judge. My job is to inform the world of His message ... that Jesus' blood is the only way to salvation. And everyone who hears this message will choose for themselves.

netminder0 said:
And I know Irvine has not found Christ, because you can tell when someone has. A change occurs in their life.

Not that I even want to get involved in this discussion, but what exactly do you mean by that? :eyebrow:

I'll second that question, have I?

Its not about me being able to "tell" if someone has. You tell me ... have you accepted Jesus' death on the cross for your substitute? Do you believe He died for your sins?

netminder0 said:
Its not about me being able to "tell" if someone has. You tell me ... have you accepted Jesus' death on the cross for your substitute? Do you believe He died for your sins?

What? :huh: You stated that Irvine hasn't, so clearly you CAN tell. Are you backing away from that now? Why don't you say exactly what you meant by it so we can have all the cards on the table.

netminder0 said:
And the reason why I started participating in these discussions, is to tell everyone of the truth.

Yet you haven't.

You've avoided questions, passed judgement, and contradicted yourself.

:(

Think about this logically ... do you think someone who believes what I believe, would be speaking in extreme sarcasm towards me about our shared beliefs? You tell me. I made a statement that was my opinion on whether or not Irvine believes in Jesus. Obviously only God can truly know someone's heart.

netminder0 said:

And what do you know about Irvine's life?

I think that I'll save you the trouble: I haven't and I have no intention to.

I'll go find that cooking sherry now. Anyone wants to join me?

Last edited:
netminder0 said:
Think about this logically ... do you think someone who believes what I believe, would be speaking in extreme sarcasm towards me about our shared beliefs? You tell me. I made a statement that was my opinion on whether or not Irvine believes in Jesus. Obviously only God can truly know someone's heart.

I don't remember sarcasm as a sin. Maybe the sarcasm was there to force you to really challenge your beliefs and really think about it what you're saying.

You still have stated your faith as absolute truth.

netminder0 said:
And the reason why I started participating in these discussions, is to tell everyone of the truth. And the radical thing about it is that now that you have all heard the truth, you are held accountable for the truth. You will make a choice about these matters for yourself, and you will be held accountable for your choice.

It isn't about judging anyone. God will be the high Judge. My job is to inform the world of His message ... that Jesus' blood is the only way to salvation. And everyone who hears this message will choose for themselves.

naked evangalism in FYM isn't going to go over terribly well.

most people in here have sharp, critical minds that aren't terribly prone to mindless, pious preaching and sanctimony wrapped up in gauzy "oh, dear me, i'm just preaching the truth" innocence.

what crap.

you are completely judging the people in here, and they are going to judge you right back.

and you wonder why people run screaming when evangelicals come running into the room.

BonoV, did I ever say that sarcasm is a sin? No. Let's just ask him ... Irvine, have you accepted Jesus as the world's Saviour?

netminder0 said:

Well I am a Catholic and I've stated it on here. I read sarcasm and worse about my religion, Christianity in general, etc. in FYM on a regular basis. Yet I refrain from making any judgments about the people who post it or any others here as far as what is in their hearts and what they believe.

Maybe your statements of your opinions are coming across as judgmental statements of fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom