If it were easy they'd call it snowboarding!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Merc

Rock n' Roll Doggie
... Okay, so I'm a little bored right now - and started to wonder if I share my very favourite hobby with any other Interference'ers?! :hmm:

So does anybody else out there love telemark-skiing just as much as I do?! :D

I'd very much like to hear from you, as I'm considering buying a new pair of skis and could use some advise... :help:

If I've posted this in the wrong forum I'm sorry - Didn't know where else to post it... :reject:

Last edited:
i ski, and ive seen and know many people that do telemark, but ive never done it myself

ive been skiing (downhill) since i was 3, so thats about 13-14 years of skiing for me. i used to race all the time up until a few years back when we sold our winter house in vermont, but were buying a new one this year so i'll be racing again.

ive always wanted to try telemarking, but it looks pretty tough on the knees

but, i dont know anything about telemark skis so i cant help you out, sorry

Justified said:
I have never heard of telemark-skiing. Please explain the sport.

To keep it very simple - Telemark skis are a pair of alpine carving skis mounted with a special binding for your boots, that allows you to lift your heel (like in cross country skiing). The boots you're wearing look like alpine plastic boots, but can flex in the front of the foot.

When you ski you kneel on you one knee and lift your heel - it's kinda hard for me to explain, so I found this pic on a homepage:

eas_medotechnik_550.jpg

Hope you get the general idea of the differences between alpine and telemark skiing! :D

StlElevation said:
i ski, and ive seen and know many people that do telemark, but ive never done it myself

ive been skiing (downhill) since i was 3, so thats about 13-14 years of skiing for me. i used to race all the time up until a few years back when we sold our winter house in vermont, but were buying a new one this year so i'll be racing again.

ive always wanted to try telemarking, but it looks pretty tough on the knees

If you're looking for some challenge and want to feel more free when you're skiing you should deffinately try telemark - but I warn you, it's very addicting and you never want to ski anything else than telemark!!! :sexywink: At least that's what happend to me... :D

It's (very) tough on your knees :yes: but as long as you're over 13 years and don't have weak knees it shouldn't be a problem...

StlElevation said:

but, i dont know anything about telemark skis so i cant help you out, sorry

Thanks anyways! :)

i wanted to try yo-yo'ing, but the doc said it would be too hard on my knees

I used to downhill about once a week back in the good ole days. I went cross-country skiing a few times too when I was in high school. I really liked it, but I always thought turning was ridiculously hard. Because of that I've always wondered how hard it was to turn with telemarking skis. They always look cool when you see them going down the mountain though :up:

PS - It really does look rough on the knees

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom