I'd like to hear a "Fix You" snippet attached to "Sometimes..."

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LemonMacPhisto said:
How about Don't Panic during Beautiful Day?

one of the few really good Coldplay songs

How about Don't Panic during anything?

Coldplaygasm for me.

Actually I think a Don't Panic snippet would be great in BD. Good idea, LemonMac

What I really don't get about Fix You is, that, IMO, it is the weakest track on X&Y and yet is promoted as the strongest :hmm:

U2Man said:
What I really don't get about Fix You is, that, IMO, it is the weakest track on X&Y and yet is promoted as the strongest :hmm:

I'm with you on that one. I don't think it's the weakest by any means, but there are certainly better choices. Single selection hasn't been very good for this record. On the previous two, I think it was.

Low should have been the first single.

Did you guys bust your balls over this shit during the Elevation tour?

Didn't Bono snippet "Yellow" in "Bad" during the first Slane show (a few other times that tour too)?

Last edited:
Re: I'd like to hear a "Fix You" snippet attached to "Sometimes..."

theu2fly said:
Like maybe at the ending of the song, instead of singing "No Regrets", Bono could sing "Lights will guide you home, and ignite your bones and I will try... to fix you"

Just an idea.

:uhoh:

Just for you, U2Man, a video I took in Dallas of White Shadows. Keep in mind the sound quality isn't too hot on the ole Canon Powershot, so bare with it.

http://s61.you sendit.com/d.aspx?id=09HKV21S05OWY2WHSUT24Q2GSB

typhoon said:
Did you guys bust your balls over this shit during the Elevation tour?

Didn't Bono snippet "Yellow" in "Bad" during the first Slane show (a few other times that tour too)?

Yeah, I busted my balls over it. Nearly shot a wad all the way to the moon.

inmyplace13 said:
Just for you, U2Man, a video I took in Dallas of White Shadows. Keep in mind the sound quality isn't too hot on the ole Canon Powershot, so bare with it.

http://s61.you sendit.com/d.aspx?id=09HKV21S05OWY2WHSUT24Q2GSB

Wow. Thanks. I'm downloading it right now.

Now't wrong with Fix You, its an excellent song off a good album. Some users on here seem to have a problem with Coldplay being a group that are selling massively worldwide and taking the biggest band title off U2. Me, I say, who gives a fuc'# if there a bigger band than U2 now or should I say more popular. They'll never make anything as good as an Achtung Baby or a Joshua Tree or a Pop or a Zooropa but then no bands will. So lay off Coldplay there a fuc#ing hell of a lot better than a lot of the shite out there Oasis, Franz Ferdinand, KAiser CHeifs etc....shit groups that people rave about.:wink:

The thing about how no one will ever make an album better than the ones you mentioned seem a little, ehm, rough.

^The funny thing is, btw., that the more hooligan U2 fans weep and yell, the stronger the evidence of Coldplay growing stronger and stronger, gets :hmm:

inmyplace13 said:

How about Don't Panic during anything?

Coldplaygasm for me.

Actually I think a Don't Panic snippet would be great in BD. Good idea, LemonMac

why thanks :wink:

It could be tacked on at the very end of the song

What you don't have you don't need it now
Don't need it now
Beautiful Day
*And we live in a beautiful world
Yeah we do, yeah we do
We live in a beautiful world*
BEAAAAAAUTIFUL DAYYYYYYY, OOHOOHOOHOOH

also Trouble during Miracle Drug or Politik during Love and Peace might be cool

(I'm a Parachutes/Rush of Blood fan, not X&Y at all)

LemonMacPhisto said:

(I'm a Parachutes/Rush of Blood fan, not X&Y at all)

You're a good man. A fan of GOOD Coldplay and Family Guy.

inmyplace13 said:

You're a good man. A fan of GOOD Coldplay and Family Guy.

giggity, giggity, giggity

quagmire.gif

I do hope nothing happens to spoil this fancy dinner party...

4acx12297ld.jpg

Giggidy giggidy giggidy giggidy giggidy giggidy giggidy goooooooooooo

LemonMacPhisto said:
How about Don't Panic during Beautiful Day?

one of the few really good Coldplay songs

:drool: now THERE'S an idea. Don't Panic is beautiful. My favourite Coldplay song, easily. And I love your idea for snippeting it in BD, that would work quite well.

Fiix You on the other hand... well, I must admit I have taken a liking to the song recently, but the lyrics are still shite, and as others have said, have nothing to do with Sometimes. So let's say no to that idea.

Has Coldplay ever snippeted U2 songs? :hmm:

Coldplay really isn't too snippet heavy, although the second time I saw them this year Chris snippeted Franz Ferdinand's "Do You Want To" in the breakdown of God Put A Smile.

It was pretty bad ass too

I don't mind the idea say in 5 years or so but to add a snippet of a current Coldplay single into a U2 song would look weird on U2's part. Almost as if they were trying to hitch a ride on Coldplay's current success. which we all know wouldn't be the case but the two bands like it or not are constantly being compared, well Coldplay is being compared to U2. Anyways I don't think it'd be cool RIGHT NOW. As for the comment that someone made about Fix You's lyrical content not having anything to do with SYCMIOYO, what does that hav to do with anything? If you could explain to me what the lyrical content of Bullet with Butterfly Wings has to do with any U2 song than you might have a point, untill then it's irrelevent.

inmyplace13 said:
Coldplay really isn't too snippet heavy, although the second time I saw them this year Chris snippeted Franz Ferdinand's "Do You Want To" in the breakdown of God Put A Smile.

It was pretty bad ass too

i love god put a smile upon your face :drool:

I knew it would come to this.

Ok, and maybe I'll get flamed, but I have some very close friends who are hardcore Coldplay fans. They are even harderthanhardcore U2 fans.

They agree with me that

With a U2 song...it may start off sombre, slow, questioning etc etc...but by the end of the song you reach a plateau, a crescendo, some realization, something POSITIVE, like a wave gathering speed and force

Whereas with Coldplay most of their songs begin and end in the same way. With little or no real rise in between.

A U2 song is like sex where your guaranteed an orgasm every time.

A coldplay song is one where the sex is kinda mediocre..sometimes you orgasm, most times you dont.

Hey - that was a female friends analogy :lol:

And Im ready to hear about all of the exceptions....likely wont listen as I find it hard to listen to an entire Coldplay album front to back but give it yer best shot I guess...

^ I guess I agree to some extent, but I think this has more to do with musical expression than "song writing skills" or whatever it's called. U2 clearly wants the vast majority of their songs the way you describe it, but their weakness on the other hand, is, IMO, that they often don't seem to be capable of doing it very different from that. Sometimes when you hear a U2 song, you almost think: Oh, and now the climax, of course, as usual. I don't think it's necessarily a weakness that your music isn't built up like this.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom