I was bored. So I drew a picture...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a picture I drew of Larry for a mate (hopes she doesn't see it) I think I'm gonna do a whole lot more like I did with my Bono one. :D

lars2.jpg

And I don't know why Photobucket is making it so small.. IT'S UNDER! :mad:
-Nikki

very :hsappy: to see all this good artwork :applaud:

help thread to keep going..........

:hmm: may be the longest u2 fan art thread here in a long time

i' hope to comment maybe this weekend....no time now still reading posts :D

keep up the creativity folks :happy:

WOW!!!! I will have to get one of those for my exam!!! Please teach me too, I want to have fun!!! :laugh: It looks wonderful!!!! :applaud:

It's very simple, actually! Just hit 2nd (blue button on mine), and hit PRGM (which has Draw as a 2nd selection) then go up 1 to option A: Pen. It should go right to a graph and you can move the little cursor around to where you want to start drawing. Then hit Enter to start drawing, and when you're done or need to move again, the just hit enter again to stop drawing.

ti84plus_large.jpg

I hope that helped! :D :up: If there are any probelms, I may be able to help. I'd LOVE to see some more U2 calculator works!

Last edited:
GeneralGripweed said:
It's very simple, actually! Just hit 2nd (blue button on mine), and hit PRGM (which has Draw as a 2nd selection) then go up 1 to option A: Pen. It should go right to a graph and you can move the little cursor around to where you want to start drawing. Then hit Enter to start drawing, and when you're done or need to move again, the just hit enter again to stop drawing.

ti84plus_large.jpg

I hope that helped! :D :up: If there are any probelms, I may be able to help. I'd LOVE to see some more U2 calculator works!

Damn, I don't have the silver edition. :mad:

It SHOULD work with any graphing calculator. I'd think so, at least... I looked on a calculator site. It appears as though even the ancient TI-81 graphing calculators have the draw command.

GeneralGripweed said:
Here's my latest contribution.

DSCF1716.jpg

Created on a wonderful TI-84 Silver Edition graphing calculator! :D :wink:

Oh my gosh!! That rocks!! Way better than anything I've drawn on my graphing calculator, lol. :hmm: Maybe I should try U2....:wink:

GeneralGripweed said:
Here's my latest contribution.

DSCF1716.jpg

Created on a wonderful TI-84 Silver Edition graphing calculator! :D :wink:
Ahahaha.. perfect! Right down to Adam's frowny-smile and Larry's scowl. The Edge's little head is hilarious :cute:

GeneralGripweed said:
It SHOULD work with any graphing calculator. I'd think so, at least... I looked on a calculator site. It appears as though even the ancient TI-81 graphing calculators have the draw command.

it works with both 83 and 84,... :)
hmm I knew that function, always drew random stuff... but how did you manage to get them soo alike?

:applaud: for everyone showing their arttworks!

some comments....

SimplyC: nice line work on B, later quite nice job on the foursome drawing.
Ikk: nice collage/placemenmt ...i think right now you do full faces best...and you might want to add some kind of shaeds of gray...sort of amorphous shpes between the B's to sort of tie them together more.
Galeon: the first 3 are nice, but the 4th is a far leap ahead....very good.
GenG: I think you are improving with each painting! very nice 3/4 view Edge and "wild" Bono .
The partially done one of edge's eyes....you best yet with the color subtlies in skin tones, eyes & shading,. VERY Nice!
Vicks: Luckily that one "strip" of correct color{coloered pencils] gave me an idea of how it really looked. Nice choices and a good "graphical stylistic " illo.
and woo hoo for the cut out paper! Very good, highy stylized graphic illo effect with great colors!

------------- con'td--------<for some reason when i type too long/slow i still get bounced out after all this time ...so i break up my long posts >

DRMOUTLd:quite nice line work for B {NYTines}
Sraphim: Absolutely stunning....esp the eyes. but really all.... one thing...The gutair...you can tell that is "drawn". you may want to make it more realistic/tighter pencil-work as B is. :D
and love the DUal-tonr of the 2nd one a real nice change.
Sh.... somebody....can't read my scribble! :reject: :good tonals...last one is best!
Phisto: Good line work/ Edge.
bcomet: prettyy cool "evil" u2.
Jez: Very good edge linework...got the eyes and good on beard. Love the Manga! {a bit familiar w it in gen}.
I think B's hair should be black or a darker reddish-brown, and one other subtle thing...since the faces/heads are roundisn{esp with Larry & Adam} if you line up the top of Adam's head with the dip in Bono's hair-part I think the part needs to be higher . Other-wise his head looks to small and less round than the others. And perhaps a bit of shading the shades more violet than they are.
Adam's wink is great! :lol:
Edgette: real nice line & shade B!
CMM::laugh: also nice line work...the jello one particularly funny/clever!
phuzzie: Wonderful B & E/ beautiful shading!
digsy: quite striking "graphic style "photo-silkscreen look! [i know i did that kind of look using "photolyth film" ages ago...with/in my earlier Original WHo Fandom days!] Congrata on your selling and gwetting them signed!
hc: very nice tight pencil shading on JTB... his face looks a bit too curved [roundish-heart shaped...take a closer look at the right side...i think from the outer edge of his eye to his side hair line...is too wide and gives that rounder look... I compard the photo with your drawing several good looks...

Last edited:
^ Wow, thanks so much dazzledbylight!!! :D Did you post something or will post in the future?? I'd like to see some of yours too!!! :)

:wave: hi Vicks

well i wanted to comment on everyone just about.....i spent a few days going thru the thread and making notes :D!

:sigh:

I have no internet acess at home yet...nor a scanner or little camera

But i thot of a way I mmight be able to get on........at a place a freind and I go to for special acess to high end Computer art making.......if she can figure it out then maybe i will :D

I don't have that much real finnished looking pieces yet...alot have been farly quick sketchings based on the concerts from JT onward that I saw...down thru the years that I never got more /bigger finished pieces from. But I'm thinking i might try with them too--- NOW THAT there are so many phptos available on line {that I've printed out we/o being able to save them on disk/hard drive etc:D.....

so maybe in a few months

I'm now using bigger photos to get the look right with out totally copying thrm altho i've done that some too!

Last edited:
I've been in special Art Classes since I was a kid... my parents & extended family :hug: encouraged me, too.
went to specialized ART High School & Art College. Aded In Conting ED classes in Illustration & Anatomy when I had the money. As better artists do-- keep studying in books I find helpful ANd just observing people places & things around me> :D And I had a varied Commercial Art career in several bunches of time through the years.

that's why I can "speak" "Art Crit" & "Art Advice" at least to some point :lol:

I usually {unless I'm feeling really down about my artwork/art future} enjoy looking at people's work. ANd sometimes I even get the "competitive" "juices" going-- which b/c I have several off & on strong roadblocks in the last 10 yrs with doing my art -- a mild amount of competitive urge actually usually helps me.

so keepo working good every one !!! hoope to put up my stuff in a few months perhaps if a friend of mine can see if I can acess the net/scanner from a place we go to...

it's nice to have somebody who *really* knows what she talks about here :)
I think I have found my new object to draw, aka new Bono picture :) THanks to hcbiggs for upping it ^^
bono19857cz.jpg

I don't have much time now, so It'll be done next month or so :lol:

the eyes will be tough tho, never drew a shocked person before :giggle: wonder what he's lookin' at!

Last edited:
dazzledbylight said:
:applaud: for everyone showing their arttworks!

some comments....

Jez: Very good edge linework...got the eyes and good on beard. Love the Manga! {a bit familiar w it in gen}.
I think B's hair should be black or a darker reddish-brown, and one other subtle thing...since the faces/heads are roundisn{esp with Larry & Adam} if you line up the top of Adam's head with the dip in Bono's hair-part I think the part needs to be higher . Other-wise his head looks to small and less round than the others. And perhaps a bit of shading the shades more violet than they are.
Adam's wink is great! :lol:

Thank you! :hug: I had to go back and search for my own pictures tho, 'cause I had forgotten about the manga one :reject: I see what you mean about Adam's hair, I'll take a look at it. Thanks again!

dazzledbylight said:
you mean Bono's hair don't you ?? adam's is just fine

Of course I meant Bono's hair :banghead: Yes, I see exactly what you mean about Bono's hair :lol:
Sorry, too little sleep :shrug:

Whoa, excellent drawing MadDaisy! That's really good!! :applaud:

And dazzledbylight, thank you for the kind words! I've had no time to do anything lately. Hopefully when things slow down for me, I'll return to painting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom