I Want To Live In America

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Spain

Acrobat
Bono why you despise the european people ??
We give you more than those 500 pounds, we fill our big stadiums to watch you play your songs, we are a hot audience, we are more fanatic than americans, we bring baloons and tips to your concerts,... but you despise us, you play almost the same songs in all the european concerts. You gave us a static setlist with few surprises ( only miss sarajevo ), but when you arrive to America you gave them an amazing concerts with guest appareances, you mix the setlist every night, you gave them a lot of surprises and highlights ( fist time, fast cars, bad, discotheque, ocean, an cat dubh,...) but the american audience never fill big stadiums and aren't so crazy as europeans are, some american audiences are quiet without dancing or singing,...So, Bono , stop licking american ass and take care of your best fans (europeans ), because maybe someday you will miss us.

PD: this is not a post against americans, is a post again U2 attitude in the european leg.

Last edited:
U2Spain said:
We give you more than those 500 pounds, we fill our big stadiums to watch you play your songs, we are a hot audience, we are more fanatic than americans, we bring baloons and tips to your concerts,... but you despise us, you play almost the same songs in all the european concerts. You gave us a static setlist with few surprises ( only miss sarajevo ), but when you arrive to America you gave them an amazing concerts with guest appareances, you mix the setlist every night, you gave them a lot of surprises and highlights ( fist time, fast cars, bad, discotheque, ocean, an cat dubh,...) but the american audience never fill big stadiums and aren't so crazy as europeans as europeans, some american audiences are quiet without dancing or singing,...So, Bono , stop licking american ass and take care of your best fans (europeans ), because maybe someday you will miss us.

PD: this is not a post against americans, is a post again U2 attitude in the european leg.

DanB said:
Too bad Peppy.

Go to the bullfights instead.

Sorry, I don´t like bullfights. Most spanish are against bullfights.
I like U2 and because of that now I'm angry with the band, and there a lot of u2 fans in europe disappointed with the attitude of the band. The euopean leg is not a holyday leg.

DanB said:
Too bad Peppy.

Go to the bullfights instead.

:eyebrow: Bitchy.. Still, U2spain made some decent points. Don't despair though U2Spain, they are apparently gonna come back to Europe next year for an arena tour. I'm praying...

In the meantime, I have now doubled the amount of lines I'm playing on the lottery every week - cos I wanna hear Discotheque, Walk On and Bad too!! :sad:

I'm sorry if some people get angry with me, but this are the collateral damage of three spanish gigs with the same setlist. For me its a shame that U2 did that in Spain when i see what they do in USA.

What irks me even more is U2's poor touring schedule, the fact they stick to the same countries - especially the USA - all the time and rarely venture to new territory, or to the Southern Hemisphere.

I think fans outside the US are justified in feeling disappointed.

U2Spain said:
I'm sorry if some people get angry with me, but this are the collateral damage of three spanish gigs with the same setlist. For me its a shame that U2 did that in Spain when i see what they do in USA.

What disappoints me is that the band rehearsed Spanish Eyes and it was on one of the Spanish concert sets - and then during the show, they go ahead and just play Yahweh instead! :yawn:

Axver said:
What irks me even more is U2's poor touring schedule, the fact they stick to the same countries - especially the USA - all the time and rarely venture to new territory, or to the Southern Hemisphere.

Yeah, Bono seems to have this weird obsession with the U.S. :shrug:

(I can't complain - Canada benefits as a result and heck they've done both rehearsals here)

I don't know exactly how other europeans fans feels about u2 attitude in the european leg, but in Spain we are very angry and disappointed. Just take a look to any spanish forum to see that (if you know spanish, of course ).

Axver said:

They prefer the US, everyone knows that.. it's the way it is. We in Europe take what we can get.. for me that was two excellent concerts at Twickenham and Manchester. I was happy with the setlists. I just hope they come back next year. I still dont think they did enough gigs over here though. Still, when I feel bad about it, I then remember that Im lucky I live in the UK and not Australia. Those are the people I feel sorry for.

U2Spain said:
I don't know exactly how other europeans fans feels about u2 attitude in the european leg, but in Spain we are very angry and disappointed. Just take a look to any spanish forum to see that (if you know spanish, of course ).

I dont think people are disappointed here in the UK.. the gigs were excellent so I think people are generally happy. My only complaint - 4 gigs in England? No gigs in the midlands? It wasnt enough.. The demand for tickets proved that.

I think that there are three reasons for U2 lickin' american ass tour:

1 - The stupid thought that if you aren´t famous in USA you are nothing.

2 - The failure of Popmart USA leg. The band wants to recover the "love" of the american audicences.

3 - Bono have always said that all the irish people have a
love-hate feeling with USA. And U2 have always been mad about america : remember the ultra-american rattle and hum.

Extra reason: in USA there are far from Niza, so they have to work instead of sunbathing.

lisa2004 said:

I dont think people are disappointed here in the UK.. the gigs were excellent so I think people are generally happy. My only complaint - 4 gigs in England? No gigs in the midlands? It wasnt enough.. The demand for tickets proved that.

Well, UK-Ireland are "home countries" for U2.

U2Spain said:
We give you more than those 500 pounds, we fill our big stadiums to watch you play your songs, we are a hot audience, we are more fanatic than americans, we bring baloons and tips to your concerts,... but you despise us, you play almost the same songs in all the european concerts. You gave us a static setlist with few surprises ( only miss sarajevo ), but when you arrive to America you gave them an amazing concerts with guest appareances, you mix the setlist every night, you gave them a lot of surprises and highlights ( fist time, fast cars, bad, discotheque, ocean, an cat dubh,...) but the american audience never fill big stadiums and aren't so crazy as europeans are, some american audiences are quiet without dancing or singing,...So, Bono , stop licking american ass and take care of your best fans (europeans ), because maybe someday you will miss us.

hahaha... that's kind of like saying European Soccer is better than South American Soccer... ridiculous! :wink:

Re: Re: I Want To Live In America

chiso said:

hahaha... that's kind of like saying European Soccer is better than South American Soccer... ridiculous! :wink:

Soccer??? We call it football over here in Europe mate!! :wink:

Re: Re: Re: I Want To Live In America

lisa2004 said:

Soccer??? We call it football over here in Europe mate!! :wink:

I wonder who came up with the name "Soccer" so I can kick him in the face... :mad: (j/K) wtf??

Re: Re: Re: I Want To Live In America

U2Spain said:

Everyone knows that european soccer is the best of the world. :wink:

...because many South American players play in Europe :lol:

U2Spain said:
All the great players they are playing in Europe...it's not a secret at all!

:lol:

A European team will win the world cup next year.. I have no idea which one though!!

Getting back on topic, U2Spain, what do you think about the rumours of a European Arena tour next year? Any chance?

While I live in the U.S.A. and naturally like the fact that U2 tour here frequently, I can certainly understand our Spanish friend's frustration. I'll have to say, though, I especially feel for Axver, an incredible U2 fan and more knowledge of the band then I'll ever have, and all of the other great U2 fans down in Australia and New Zealand. U2 come to Europe on every tour, but I'm pretty sure they haven't made it down under in a while. The ZooTV video from Sydney is astonishing, and the crowd was absolutely phenomenal!

Again, as an American, I'm glad they love touring the U.S., but I do sincerely hope that everyone else around the world can experience U2 the way we get to every time they tour.

Re: Re: Re: Re: I Want To Live In America

chiso said:

I wonder who came up with the name "Soccer" so I can kick him in the face... :mad: (j/K) wtf??

That would be - an American!! Gasp! :laugh:

MCF74 said:
While I live in the U.S.A. and naturally like the fact that U2 tour here frequently, I can certainly understand our Spanish friend's frustration. I'll have to say, though, I especially feel for Axver, an incredible U2 fan and more knowledge of the band then I'll ever have, and all of the other great U2 fans down in Australia and New Zealand. U2 come to Europe on every tour, but I'm pretty sure they haven't made it down under in a while. The ZooTV video from Sydney is astonishing, and the crowd was absolutely phenomenal!

Again, as an American, I'm glad they love touring the U.S., but I do sincerely hope that everyone else around the world can experience U2 the way we get to every time they tour.

Thats true, its really tough on the Australians and New Zealanders, I hope they get their tour next year, they deserve it.

I have to say though, I love following the setlist parties on here but am starting to stop now as im getting too envious!! I would have loved to have heard all of "Walk On" :(

MCF74 said:
I'll have to say, though, I especially feel for Axver, an incredible U2 fan and more knowledge of the band then I'll ever have, and all of the other great U2 fans down in Australia and New Zealand. U2 come to Europe on every tour, but I'm pretty sure they haven't made it down under in a while. The ZooTV video from Sydney is astonishing, and the crowd was absolutely phenomenal!

Thank you. :)

IF they come down here in 2006, it will have been eight years since they visited Australia and thirteen since they visited New Zealand.

In the meantime, the US has had more shows on a single tour than we've had in all of U2's history. A bit disappointing for us. :|

Yeah I do get the impression that they have an affinity for the US... Boston, Chicago and New York especially. I suppose though that the reason they are getting the new songs out now is that this is their second time visiting the US cities and the people there don't want a carbon copy of what they heard a few months ago. So IF they come back to Europe (which I hope for but I think is probably unlikely) then they will incorporate these new songs too.

And I don't know about the Spanish concerts but the boys still played 3 great gigs at Croke Park (most likelybetter then most or all shows they've played on the US tour so far).

Axver said:

Thank you. :)

IF they come down here in 2006, it will have been eight years since they visited Australia and thirteen since they visited New Zealand.

In the meantime, the US has had more shows on a single tour than we've had in all of U2's history. A bit disappointing for us. :|

Axver, I gotta say, I dont know how you stand it, coming on here everyday. I couldnt put up with it.. espcially with all the moaning about setlists etc. I admire you.

Joshua_Tree_Hugger said:
Yeah I do get the impression that they have an affinity for the US... Boston, Chicago and New York especially. I suppose though that the reason they are getting the new songs out now is that this is their second time visiting the US cities and the people there don't want a carbon copy of what they heard a few months ago. So IF they come back to Europe (which I hope for but I think is probably unlikely) then they will incorporate these new songs too.

And I don't know about the Spanish concerts but the boys still played 3 great gigs at Croke Park (most likelybetter then most or all shows they've played on the US tour so far).

But Ireland is special for them as UK is. I talk about the other europeans gigs.

lisa2004 said:

Axver, I gotta say, I dont know how you stand it, coming on here everyday. I couldnt put up with it.. espcially with all the moaning about setlists etc. I admire you.

Thanks. You'll make me blush if you're not careful. :wink:

And at least we got One Tree Hill (NZ)/Van Diemen's Land (Australia) and had the Lovetown Tour. Someone in, say, Russia or India or Singapore has never had the band play their country even though they live in a huge market.

I just live in the past, even though I wasn't old enough to attend the tours we did get! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom