I knew there was something I had to do... Part Deux

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
door deux.....THAT is exotic. well to an american i suppose. nobody has ever called my name exotic either. i got it from the movie gone with the wind. my parents couldnt agree on anything so they just chose that one cuz theyd watched the movie recently. lol.
lies alaine rosema. thats a cool name too!
were all cool in pleba :wink:
well a couple things have happened to me.
i got a kitten!!! :hyper: now my other cat is pissed but oh well. shes really cute. havent picked a name out yet, just got her like a half hour ago. it was weird, i walked into a coffee shop i go to all the time because i was soaked with rain and needed to dry out. as soon as i walk in the door everybody cheers for me and i was like what the hell is going on?:eyebrow:
then i see they have this kitten and it gets shoved into my arms.
apparently it was found in the rain all alone and the humane soc. didnt have room for her so they took her to a friend who owns the coffee shop. somehow i ended up taking her home.
shes adorable!!
and another cool thing. im on the worship band at church and i finally got them to do '40' woo hoo! the catch. im singing it:ohmy:
talk about feeling like puking.
i need some encouragement otherwise i might back out.:huh:

see you soon merc *ahem* dor deux
nobody pronounces my name right around here either. my last name is shaffer and that gets screwed up left and right
wish i would have gotten the irish side of my familys last name
oh well, cant win every time :shrug:
the cats getting into something!! eek!

she keeps clicking the
mouse and stomping on the keyboard.
i think she likes my fingers moving around or something:huh:
its like having a little child. you gotta watch them all the time when they dont have a mother to watch them for you. shes a really little kitty.
ACK SHE JUST HIT CAPS LOCK....

me too. :( i was going to go out but im feeling loserish today and missing my beau. now i have the kitten to watch too.
maybe tomorrow i'll be feeling more social.
im still having shudders thinking about singing a u2 song at church. what if i butcher it? ohhhh i cant butcher bono :sad:

i did something really dumb last night. i was going to lay down on the floor and do some crunches cuz i need to get some abs before i see bono on the 20th!! :lol: or i was just bored, i dunno:wink:
so i went to plop down on the floor and my shoulder blade landed right on top of an upturned spiked heel on my floor! ouch! oh it hurt so bad, it punctured my skin through the shirt and everything. :huh:

oh and i named my cat Dublin. everybody is soooo shocked here :eyebrow: yeah riiight.
my dad asked me why i didnt just name it bono. duh. its a GIRL
what do you think i was going to name it if it was a boy?:madspit: seems everyone here is pretty tuned into my u2 fetish. i get called the edge when im playing guitar and just plain ole U2 when im not.
not that i mind:D

u2bonogirl said:
seems everyone here is pretty tuned into my u2 fetish. i get called the edge when im playing guitar and just plain ole U2 when im not.

My family doesn't even bother to ask anymore... though they still think it's cute to giggle everytime someone says "you too" :lol:

They just assume everything I do has to do with U2.

this girl yesterday asked me if when my boyfriend says "i love you" i say "i love U2" back to him
:lol: he always says "yeah i know you love them."
and everybody here assumes the same thing about me too everything is to do with the boys.

Merc said:

:lol: That's not such a silly question - it's on the west coast of Norway (and I'm in Denmark now)... Ever since I first visited that country I always wanted to try and live there - and now it's a bit surreal that I actually have to live there for 6 months! But I'm looking very much forward to it... :hyper:

You're in DENMARK?!?!

Holy cow! I've always wanted to go to Denmark, but haven't been able to yet. One day... :) My parents went when I was young and brought back pictures and stuff, but that's not the same.

I'm half English/half Danish. And since some of you are wondering about my real name, it's Dana. ;)

yeah, yeah, yeah. Danish Dana. Yeah. I get that sometimes. ;)

Very cool. :D

Moonie :D

u2bonogirl said:
oh and i named my cat Dublin. everybody is soooo shocked here :eyebrow: yeah riiight.
my dad asked me why i didnt just name it bono. duh. its a GIRL
what do you think i was going to name it if it was a boy?:madspit: seems everyone here is pretty tuned into my u2 fetish. i get called the edge when im playing guitar and just plain ole U2 when im not.

I named my cat Molly. Molly Mullen. ;) 'cause she's a girl and I couldn't call her Larry. Besides, Molly is a much more suitable name for her. She's very prim and proper and dainty.

Sylvester Mullen, on the other hand, is a GUY. I couldn't change his name (both my cats were rescued/adopted) so I opted to just give him the last name. He is such a typical guy... messy, silly, and just plain goofy. He gets food all over the place, he steps in his own pee, and sometimes gets little dingles on his tail... you can only imagine. He is sooooo opposite of Miss Molly Mullen. ;)

moon_is_playing_tricks said:

I named my cat Molly. Molly Mullen. ;) 'cause she's a girl and I couldn't call her Larry. Besides, Molly is a much more suitable name for her. She's very prim and proper and dainty.

Sylvester Mullen, on the other hand, is a GUY. I couldn't change his name (both my cats were rescued/adopted) so I opted to just give him the last name. He is such a typical guy... messy, silly, and just plain goofy. He gets food all over the place, he steps in his own pee, and sometimes gets little dingles on his tail... you can only imagine. He is sooooo opposite of Miss Molly Mullen. ;)

i had a guy cat named zoey that was just as messy. he refused to wash himself and stunk alllll the time. it was so gross.
his sister was named princess because she always acted royal and dainty like your molly. now she goes out and kills everything in sight:huh:

well i sang '40' in church today. it went remarkably better than i expected. i didnt start it out of key or shake so bad i fell over. my microphone went dead though!:mad: that damn thing dies on everybody. i made my pastor cry during the song, im hoping it wasnt because it hurt to listen to me:| BUT i did it! now my nickname has gone from edge to bono, lol. or bonoette as they called me today. how bout bonos wife? :D
that position has been filled for a long time now
so next i have to do when the stars go blue at my sisters wedding and not screw it up.
god save me

yay for you Tara! :D

and omg I :heart: When the Stars Go Blue..... :drool: good luck with it! are you doing a duet with someone else?

I have always wished that someone would make a karaoke version of that song and just take out Andrea Corr's voice... then we could all sing a duet with Bono..... *sigh*

hey thanks kim!:wave:
no i dont get to duet, i have to sing all by myself.
something about andrea corr irks me badly.
maybe the way i can tell shes totally in love with bono:mad:
my feelings wouldnt be hurt a bit if she got erased from the song
then i could wail along with Bono, "WHEN THE STARS GO BLUUUUUE"
lol:reject: not that i do that already....
hehe
i got blackbook and vanity fair to see the articles- er- pics.
:drool:

grumpy monday everybody:madspit:
humbug
if you couldnt tell, im grouchy today and i have to go to an exercise class at church doing christian fricking taebo with a bunch of old women because i promised i would go this week to help "encourage" people
humbug again:madspit: :madspit:

I feel grumpy too :( It's weird because I didn't know him, but Christopher Reeve's death has made me really sad :(

I guess because he was the first actor to make an impact on me. It's a little embarassing to admit this, but he was my first "crush" :reject: The Superman movie played on cable all the time when I was a kid, and I remember being 6 years old and thinking he was really great :) I think Superman II was the first movie I remember seeing in a theater (I still remember I had junior mints :reject: ).

kellyahern said:
I feel grumpy too :( It's weird because I didn't know him, but Christopher Reeve's death has made me really sad :(

I guess because he was the first actor to make an impact on me. It's a little embarassing to admit this, but he was my first "crush" :reject: The Superman movie played on cable all the time when I was a kid, and I remember being 6 years old and thinking he was really great :) I think Superman II was the first movie I remember seeing in a theater (I still remember I had junior mints :reject: ).

that made me really sad too! it was weird for me because im not like a really huge fan that is in love with him or anything but he was a really neat guy and he died so young.:(

im even pissier right now. i dont know why,
now my parents are really grating my nerves. i came over for dinner and the second they opened their mouths i wanted to throttle them

and as i pushed the reply button to send that last post i hear my name being screamed from downstairs because my dad tripped over the fucking cat and dumped his dinner all over the floor. he has a bad back and an even worse temper and all i hear is "fuck fuck fuck" from him
so hes throwing chicken off the floor around the livingroom! and then he wants me to clean it up
'just breathe tara, dont burst a vein'

im far less grouchy than i was yesterday.
thank goodness!
all this i tunes stuff has made me happy again.
i did get bad news today...:(
turns out that my boyfriends year long absence might be longer now.
he never told me that after a year of training at diesel tech school he gets specialized training for a certain company.
So theres more time that he spends in arizona
i think im in denial of the fact it upsetted me so far so my mood isnt crappy yet:wink:

woo hoo for kix cereal!! :wave:

Guys er Gals, I had such a fun time at the LA Gathering this weekend. There is loads of photos in the Gatherings forum but I did finally get to meet Laura aka Stories For Boys and Moonie Moobers aka Dana. You can look in my journal for details of the weekend.

:wave:

I shall tell you about my weekend now.

This weekend, I went to Missouri with my boyfriend Dave and our two friends Kim and Rick, who are obviously in love with each other, but have some kind of emotional hang-up, and really need to just run off and make out for awhile. Unfortunately, we all took one car. Problem here is, we took Kim's car, so Kim drove, but Kim has... questionable taste in music and changes the station on the radio about once every minute. She also is a bad singer. The end result here is I got to listen to bad music for 15 hours of car time, with someone singing badly along with it for the ENTIRE TIME. No wonder I had a raging migrane when I got home. It took sudafed, tylenol, expensive ass migrane pills, AND vicodin to get rid of it.

Anyway, my trip wasn't too bad, aside from the car thing. We were at Dave's dad's house at Lake Ozark from Friday-Monday, and in St Louis Monday night-Tuesday. Dave and Buster's is fun. I bought a cute skirt and some shirts that fit me without altering (huzzah!). Kim and Rick failed to make out, which was sad.

Um.. the only notable event was I managed to smash the tip of my pinkie in the car door, about halfway up the nail. I think it's broken, it's been 3 days now and it's still all swelled up. It bled all over the driveway and didn't stop until the next evening. I talked my mom out of making me go to the doctor... my finger still works ok, and they can't really do much about a broken pinkie tip. Damn car.

Oh, I saw the iTunes commercial on tv today, it was exciting. Especially since I didn't know about it until I saw it. Dave said he knew but he wanted to show me on the computer and suprise me. My mom got all confused 'cause I suddenly stopped talking to her on the phone and went "ooohh!"... but then understood 'cause it came on whatever channel she was watching at home :D

last but not least, I got my car back. Woohoo! Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure it reeks of cigarettes. I haven't been in it yet, but if mom's been driving it for several weeks...

the end, for real now

God, I need a road trip! A friend is going to Memphis to see Bono get another award. After I decided not to go, it turns out they got fourth row tickets! Instead I'm sending her a question to ask Bono for the Q&A part of the convention (something about that Kenyan woman who thinks HIV is biological warfare).

Kristie, Ellen and I should come for a visit. Not that we have a car or anything, but it's a nice thought....

you know, vertigo is really growing on me. I was kind of iffy about it when I first heard it but I think I'm cruising over into the "really like it" zone.

Then again, how many U2 songs don't I really like?

*hits "repeat"*

kristie, sounds like a cool trip minus the music part. my stepsister does that. she sings really high falsetto over everything in the car:madspit:
i have failed to see the ad on tv though i downloaded about half of it before it stopped working.
it was HOT! :D

that pinkie thing is grossing me out!:wink: it keeps making me think of the horse biting my thumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom