I knew there was something I had to do... Part Deux

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:dance: :hyper: :dance:
:hyper: :dance: :hyper:
:dance: :hyper: :dance:

Yeehaa!!!

I got the answer on my internship application today - I'm going to Stavanger!!!

This is absolutely fucking brilliant!!!

... just wanted to let you know - have to get back to work now...

woo stavanger!

So... I'm going to complain about something stupid for a minute.

For a reading assignment, my professor let us pick one of two books. So, Tuesday the entire class realizes that we have to discuss one of the books on Thursday (aka tomorrow) and only two of the people who picked said book has bought it. So, what we did, was assign everyone a number. You read the chapter that corresponds to your number. So, if you're number 9 but there's only 8 chapters, you read chapter 1, and so on. I got 7. All the books for the course are supposed to be on reserve in the undergrad library, however, the computer says this book has been overdue for a month. Thus, I had to go buy it. For one, it was WAY overpriced at $23, it's only like 150 pages. For two, my chapter is approxamately 4 pages long. For three, the guy who checked me out was eating a pizza and got pizza sauce on it so now I doubt I can return it after reading my four pages.

So, I'm a little sad.

wankers! I have to read a book and write a paper, but mine's 321 pages :huh: I love it how Prof's think their class is the ONLY class you're taking. My CAS 140 was the same way, we had to read a 287 page book by the next class and we couldn't skim or split b/c everyone had to take a test on it! I'm sorry, but I don't know anyone that has time to read a total of 300 pages a day and STILL have time to eat, sleep, and work.

kristie: my thumb is still attached...although i dont know where my thumbnail will be in a few days:ohmy:
i had a teacher in an advanced class my freshman year who openly admitted to thinking his class was the most important one in the school and that his homework should come before all other classes.
the funny thing was he was right. he was the only one who taught me anything the whole year! and he cussed at the students all the time. it was hilarious. "you dont know what the fuck youre talking about you little maggot. shut your hole and let me speak"
ahhh good times

Kristie said:

When I was little my friends had a pony, and their mom managed to terrify me of being bitten by horses. She told me that when horses bite down they can't open up again until they bite all the way down, so if it gets your finger it'll bite it off. :yikes:

...I'm pretty sure that's not true, now, but I'm still damn careful when my fingers are around horse teeth.

After that story, u2bonogirl's sig is kind of scaring me :yikes:

Another silly question:

What are people's real names? Mine's Kim but people around here really do call me hippy in real life :lol: Remember when you visited, twin? ahhh... good times ;)

I found the U2 socks the other day :der:

lol, sorry about the horse story. im sure bono is much more delicate when chomping down on willing victims fingers.

uh- my names tara. anybody read tara road by maeve binchy? i felt so cool having a road named after me in ireland. lol:wink:
wasnt there a hill there, too....hmmm i dunno

oh, and i love your sig hippy. its giving me the giggles

and im sure i can remember more demeaning and hurtful comments from my old teacher if you need them. they were a real motivator. no seriously! i respected him far more than any other teacher. it was always a challenge to get him to cuss me out in class since he reserved his more filthy language for the senior class:LOL: and the time he smacked me with a book......
i miss high school

hippy said:

YAY!!!!!! :dance: :hug:

Now can I ask a silly question?

Where is that?

:lol: That's not such a silly question - it's on the west coast of Norway (and I'm in Denmark now)... Ever since I first visited that country I always wanted to try and live there - and now it's a bit surreal that I actually have to live there for 6 months! But I'm looking very much forward to it... :hyper:

... and to answer your other 'silly question' -

My real name is Dorthe (I've never been called 'Merc' in real life) which English-speaking people obviously have some problems with! :laugh:
My American family write my name 'Dorothe' ( :huh: ) and the other day I called an office in Ireland where I had the following conversation with a man at the office:

Man: Could I please have your name?
Me: Dorthe
Man: (Pause) Could you please spell it for me?
Me: D-O-R-T-H-E
Man: (Long pause) And how do you pronounce it?
Me: "Dorthe"
Man: Sorry, what?!
Me: "Dorthe"
Man: (Very long pause) I don't think I can pronuonce that corretly...

:shrug:
The thing is, it's not very hard to pronounce corrct - Just put the two words 'door' (the thing you walk in to get into the house or in another room! :D) in English and the number 'two' in French (deux) together - that would pretty much sound like how you should pronounce my name! :wink:

u2bonogirl said:
lol, sorry about the horse story. im sure bono is much more delicate when chomping down on willing victims fingers.

uh- my names tara. anybody read tara road by maeve binchy? i felt so cool having a road named after me in ireland. lol:wink:
wasnt there a hill there, too....hmmm i dunno

:up: Tara Hill was the place where the ancient kings held court!

The cat is trying to eat my cereal.
They're always after me Lucky Charms!

My name is Ellen. :D
*also with the exotic name-changing*

I have two tests right in a row tomorrow, and the professor for the first one was like "oh, mine usually go over, by the way" and I'm like "splendid, I'll just tell my other professor that I'll be late to the test because I have a test."
So I emailed him and was like "can I come back after my other test if I'm not done?" and he's like "sure, or you could come in at 8."
:faint:
If I take it at 8 in the morning I'll do worse than if I just rushed through it to get it done within the class period.
Anyway.

I wonder what Kristie's real name is...:hmm: :tongue:

hippy said:

What a cool name!

Tara and Dorthe.... *changes name to something exotic to fit in* :D

:huh:

That's the first time someone ever called my name cool and exotic! :lol:

Mullen-Girl said:
Hey gals...I was just going through my old PLEBA stories and like hippy you were in them, spinny, etc :D They were so great :)

Something a "newbie" could get to read?! :D

<~~~Kristie :wink:

and yes, people call me "kristie" in real life.

*takes off smart ass hat*

Dorthe is such an awesome name.

Not that I spent a few minutes sitting here trying to say "door-deux" :shifty:

Mullen-Girl said:
Hey gals...I was just going through my old PLEBA stories and like hippy you were in them, spinny, etc :D They were so great :)

OMD! (remember that phrase? :D )

The Discobooooos!

The PLEBA old days..... awwww....

twin, remember that story we wrote? with those incredibly sophisticated animations ;)

awww... now I'm all smiley from the memories

*fuzzies* (<~~~~ haven't used that one in awhile)

PLEBA speak is coming back to me now

Meatloaf: *sings* It's all coming back, it's all coming back to me now...

*puts Meatloaf in the oven*

*ends random long old-PLEBA-style post* :D

ouch. both of my big toenails are ingrown 'cus I accidentally cut them too short last time. I really HATE fixing this....

hippy said:
bahahahaha! I did the same thing. :D

:lol:

Well, actually I had another of the infamous irish phone conversations yesterday - during our conversation the lady in the other end pronounced my name in 5 different ways! :huh:
Afterwards I had to send her a list of names (including my own), so I'm guessing she had a good laugh when she saw our names and all the ø's and å's! :D

When I told my mum 'bout it, she started to wonder if they should have given me a more international name! :laugh:

MG, I read the story that you posted a link to - It's very funny! :D:up:
...I just don't know the majority of the plebans in it :reject:

Leaving tomorrow afternoon and will be away for a week - see you all when I get back! :D

:wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom