I knew there was something I had to do... fünf

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In May, I think we were almost in the middle of the street :yikes:. The day I went, only Edge came out and shook a few hands (maybe signed a few things, but I'm not sure, it was really fast, and I was in the back that time too :reject: ).

Bono stayed in the car, but did open the door to talk briefly. I managed to weasel my way up front enough to stare adoringly :shifty:.

Maybe in December, you might have better luck :hug:.

Awww twin! That story rocks! :D

Nice pics of the boys :yes:

Adam = :drool:

This makes me REALLY excited to see them in November! :hyper: been waiting for a loooooooooooong time (as indicated by the amount of "o"s I used :wink: )

Speaking of November... Kelly... are you still on for hooking up for a hotel room or something? :D I guess we should start planning and all...

hippy said:
Awww twin! That story rocks! :D

Nice pics of the boys :yes:

Adam = :drool:

This makes me REALLY excited to see them in November! :hyper: been waiting for a loooooooooooong time (as indicated by the amount of "o"s I used :wink: )

Speaking of November... Kelly... are you still on for hooking up for a hotel room or something? :D I guess we should start planning and all...

I already got one :reject:. I'm really sorry, but I'm weird about sharing hotel rooms with people I don't really know :reject:. I hope that's okay :hug:.

But I'd still love to get together and do something :yes:.

Last edited:
yes
there was a security guard that was going RAAAAAAAAAAAAH GET OUT OF THE STREET GET OUT OF THE WAY STAND BACK RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

okay, maybe not quite like that
but you get the idea

kellyahern said:
In May, I think we were almost in the middle of the street :yikes:. The day I went, only Edge came out and shook a few hands (maybe signed a few things, but I'm not sure, it was really fast, and I was in the back that time too :reject: ).

Bono stayed in the car, but did open the door to talk briefly. I managed to weasel my way up front enough to stare adoringly :shifty:.

Maybe in December, you might have better luck :hug:.

Kristie said:
I'm suprised my pictures actually were in focus. I had to hold the camera up over my head and hope it was pointing the right way.

Turned out better than when I tried that :lol:

3645042e.jpg

Hey guess what!
Larry is apparently a friend of my friend keelin's family.

Meaning he's friends with her brother in law who lived on the same street back in the day.

She says she's never met him but has been present during phone conversations between the two.

I pick good friends!

I told her she needs to hook us up.
Her: Hook us up how? Ask him if he knows about any secret archaeological sites we can dig up?
Me: Sure, he's famous, I bet he knows!
(later)
Me: They're all shorter than I imagined. I mean, I knew they were short but... yeah. Short.
Her: What, they're like midgets?
Me: No, they're leprechauns.
Her: So he WOULD know where the treasure is!

and then she questioned whether we should be talking about them with just their first names like we know them
and I laughed

and that's my story of the moment.

laaaaura?

every time I try and check your away message AIM says it has encountered a problem and has to close

just you

I don't know why.

But then if it's really "talk about Kristie's paper" time and you bring someone else along will it be like "derr, now we have to include this other person in our conversation and can't actually talk about your paper"?
Or, do you already have a specific date set to meet, or just a day of the week? Cause if it's like "next Wednesday sometime" can you be like "oh, dinner for me that day doesn't work, let's meet x time earlier or later"?
Though you said you already told him when you were free, so maybe that doesn't work.

I think it would be more fishy if you didn't have a specific purpose for meeting and if everyone didn't have to meet with him.
Maybe he's just really busy and it's the only time he's available? Then again, maybe he's creepy, what do I know? :wink:

If you're not comfortable with it I'd say try to find a different time - if you try to find a different time it hopefully just looks like you're busy too (maybe something "came up"?), but it seems like if you bring someone else along it clearly looks like you thought something fishy might be going on.

(And then I apparently wrote a manifesto on the issue. :huh: )

The Ellen Manifesto
I told him anytime I was free would be good so I hate to say "Nope, nevermind!"

He said he doesn't just want to talk about my paper... ok, here. It says:

kristie
let's meet for dinner,
so i can learn all about your archeo life at Yale and you can tell me
the inside story of the major
and we can discuss your seminar report.
someplace real, i.e., not a college?

and the girl I would ask has him for another class so they already know each other, and is also an arch major, and a history major as an undergrad so she might have some input (my paper's on imperial spain)

I'll have to stew on these suggestions.

Kristie said:
He said he doesn't just want to talk about my paper... ok, here. It says:

kristie
let's meet for dinner,
so i can learn all about your archeo life at Yale and you can tell me
the inside story of the major
and we can discuss your seminar report.
someplace real, i.e., not a college?

Sounds kind of fishy to me too. Why wouldn't he want to meet at the college? Bringing another person is a good idea :up:.

by a college he means not at one of the residential colleges, i.e. not a yale dining hall
which is fine because I don't have a meal plan anyway

I asked around today and other grad students who have been here longer than I say he does it all the time and don't worry about it. Probably because his office is in the pit of hell.

by "pit of hell" I mean "In the basement of a building, really REALLY hard to find, and in an area that is about 100 degrees." It's horrible. I wouldn't want to meet there either.

My friend Keelin says she's totally jealous and stole her man and she called me a homewrecker. In the both of us were cracking up way, not the mean way.

I'm not so worried now, I think I'll just find somewhere with lots of lights and people and ask if I can do it early before bellydance class so I can say "whoops, gotta go to dance class!"

Sounds like a good idea Kristie. :up:
With some professors I have I only go talk to them when I have x amount of time cause otherwise they'll talk for.ev.er.
Then again, sometimes they just keep talking anyway and then I'm late for work. Meh.
Plus if he's all "I want to learn about you!" then you can be all "okay, now write me recommendations and stuff!"
Not that I do that. :shifty:

Also, today my prof that I'm going to DC with in the spring was like "hey, want an interview for an internship with an organization called DATA?" and I was all "'kay!"

Ultraviolet Light said:

Also, today my prof that I'm going to DC with in the spring was like "hey, want an interview for an internship with an organization called DATA?" and I was all "'kay!"

Ooooooooooo neato!

I wonder if DATA needs any archaeologists. :hmm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom