I knew there was something I had to do... fünf

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kristie

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Sicy said:
Time for a new thread ladies :wink:

your wish is my command :bow:

ha ha, I changed languages

I get to go home today and kitty-sit... well, the cats would probably be fine, I have to Dougal-sit. He's a special doggie.

Attachments

• buddies.jpg
    buddies.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 111
Oh yeah, I forgot about that...I gotta go listen to it again.
*edit* Lies is on the phone...

I can't see that picture, am i not premium anymore?
*posts to find out*
*edit* now I can see it, and I'm still preminiuminum.

Blade Runner is on TV, it's quite distracting...is Bladerunner one word? i think so. anyway.
*edit* it's two words.

:wink:

Last edited:
I still haven't listened to the message again cause I'm lazy and I don't know where the phone is.
But it was something like "hey man, I'm at the landmark. I need to talk to you, man. Call me back. I need to talk to you, call me back."
It was good times. I have another slightly-garbled/possibly drug dealer-esque message too, I'll have to listen to that one too...

I was gonna say something else but now I forgot.
Oh, am I the only one who didn't know you can get a PhD without getting a Master's degree first?
:der: I'ma be a great grad student...

hippy said:
Ellen, have I ever told you that I :heart: your sense of humor? :D

Why thank you! :D

While I was processing returned mail at work today I found a newsletter with this label on it, and I found it amusing because I'm a terrible person. :D

343%3A47%3B523232%7Ffp64%3Dot%3E2326%3D9%3B%3B%3D663%3DXROQDF%3E2323882%3A8%3C5%3A4ot1lsi

Come oooon, you know it's funny! Unable to forward! That's genius!

I suppose this headline isn't funny then either...
343%3A55%3A723232%7Ffp3%3B%3Dot%3E2326%3D9%3B%3B%3D663%3DXROQDF%3E2323882%3A95683ot1lsi

(one of the new roommates and her boyfriend are watching Star Wars and making Chewbacca noises at each other...I don't think they realize you can hear EVERYTHING in this house... :lol: )

most of the time the bus that takes me to campus is a short bus
I'm not sure why

and regarding the PhD without the master's first, they usually give you a master's on your way to the PhD in the program
sometimes they give it to you just for fun, but sometimes they don't and you only get it if you flunk out of grad school. It's the "Hey, you're not good enough to get a doctorate, but you gave it a good try and here's your consolation prize!" master's.

I want to get a PhD, just so I can be doctor Kristie. I could probably have a fulfilling career with my master's, though. Dave's getting a PhD and then I'd feel bad 'cause I know I'm smarter than him. Ssh, don't tell.
Plus I could probably get in to about anywhere I want with a master's from Yale.

Is it bad that I'm moving to New England in a few months and I still have no idea where all those damn little states are in relation to each other?

Huh, interesting. Kevin was like "do a PhD program" and I was like "holy crap that's a lot of school" (what with me thinking you had to get a master's separately first) and my mom was like "you don't need a master's first - get a PhD, it's more prestigious than a master's!" and I was like "I don't need prestige, I need a job!"

And then I realized I have another year of undergrad school left anyway and I'm a true procrastinator.

And no, it's not bad that you don't know all the little states. Or if it is, I'll join you in state geography hell.

but most schools if you get in their PhD program will fund you and give you a stipend
so they pay you to get it
and that's pretty cool

however, not so much for master's... I say while holding a ginormous bill from yale

I only got a master's degree to:

a) make myself feel smart

b) because it was only a year since it was the same major as my undergrad degree

c) I wasn't ready to go out into the world and get a real job :reject:

and now, even though I've been at my "real" job for 6.5 years, I've been living at home because of the debt I acquired getting said master's degree (although I could probably move out now, but that would involve getting a new job and thinking about my future, which I'm not prepared to do until after the U2 tour - the tour takes priority over my financial and career direction :shifty: ).

In other kelly news, I went to the doctor today because my ear left ear has been clogged up since the plane descent Saturday morning, so I thought I might have gotten a ear infection from the cold I had last week. I paid $75 to find out "no infection, pressure from plane descent moved the eardrum 'inward' medical jargon blah blah blah" - nothing they can do, but here's an anti-inflammatory prescription and take some advil :banghead:

I still can't hear out of my left ear and it's hurts :sad:

I'm glad it happened on the plane ride back instead of the plane ride to the concert, that would have sucked. As it is, on the plane ride there, when we descended from 30,000 to 5,000 feet, I could feel junk in my sinuses move around and my eye felt it was going to explode for about 30 seconds :yikes:

Last edited:
kellyahern said:

In other kelly news, I went to the doctor today because my ear left ear has been clogged up since the plane descent Saturday morning, so I thought I might have gotten a ear infection from the cold I had last week. I paid $75 to find out "no infection, pressure from plane descent moved the eardrum 'inward' medical jargon blah blah blah" - nothing they can do, but here's an anti-inflammatory prescription and take some advil :banghead:

you know, it's crap like that that really has me disillusioned with doctors anymore. I guess I'm still bitter about the $400 I had to spend to have them tell me they don't know what's wrong with me.

kellyahern said:
I only got a master's degree to:

a) make myself feel smart

b) because it was only a year since it was the same major as my undergrad degree

c) I wasn't ready to go out into the world and get a real job :reject:

and now, even though I've been at my "real" job for 6.5 years, I've been living at home because of the debt I acquired getting said master's degree (although I could probably move out now, but that would involve getting a new job and thinking about my future, which I'm not prepared to do until after the U2 tour - the tour takes priority over my financial and career direction :shifty: ).

I still can't hear out of my left ear and it's hurts :sad:

I'm glad it happened on the plane ride back instead of the plane ride to the concert, that would have sucked. As it is, on the plane ride there, when we descended from 30,000 to 5,000 feet, I could feel junk in my sinuses move around and my eye felt it was going to explode for about 30 seconds :yikes:

I got my masters to move up on the pay scale.:wink: The same reason I take classes every summer.

Sorry to "hear" about all the plane related ear problems. Hope you are feeling better.

Last edited:
Speaking of medical crap, my boyfriend has had 3 seizures and there's definitely like ten THOUSAND things that could be possible causes. I love how I can sign up to participate in a senior psychology experiement on a whim and basically get a free EEG test the next day, but he will probably have to wait months, meanwhile, the health department has suspended his license and he's having seizures.

:banghead:

kellyahern said:
I was going to complain about the dentist telling me that I have to now have a root canal on a "spot" they were supposed to be watching since July, but then I read about Lies's boyfriend :yikes:

I hope everything turns out okay Lies :hug:

Yeah, I hate dentistry too. I like my dentist and I don't mind having work done, but he'll x-ray my mouth and be like 'omg, this tooth is going to abcess any day!" and then the receptionist schedules me for the end of August. :|

dentists suck, too

Actually a lot of them aren't that bad, but it must suck to be the dentist. NOBODY is glad to see their dentist.
...I think Phil wins the sick contest though. I hope he's ok.

Well, if you're having seizures I guess you're not ok. I hope it's nothing major, then.. like.. he's been using a computer with a monitor refresh rate that doesn't jibe with his brain. That gives some people seizures and obviously it's not hard to fix. I'm going to stop now.

Did you know Keanu Reeves is 40? Whooaa.
This also means he was like 26 when Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure came out.
I learned something ELSE while looking that up... Jane Wiedlin was Joan of Arc in that movie. You know, the Go-Go/recently on The Surreal Life.

Dude, she was also in star trek six! Craziness!

I should get back to work.

you know what else I realized?
you know how it's Bill S. Preston, esquire! and ted theodore logan!

....that means his name is ted ted logan

wait, wait, apparently it's ted "theodore" logan
ok

boy, I really am procrastinating

Kristie said:

Well, if you're having seizures I guess you're not ok. I hope it's nothing major, then.. like.. he's been using a computer with a monitor refresh rate that doesn't jibe with his brain. That gives some people seizures and obviously it's not hard to fix. I'm going to stop now.

Interesting...should it be higher or lower? I'm thinking not since he got an LCD a month ago and had two seizures while using a CRT at different refresh rates, and now one with the LCD.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

Interesting...should it be higher or lower? I'm thinking not since he got an LCD a month ago and had two seizures while using a CRT at different refresh rates, and now one with the LCD.

Higher.. this is something I learned a few years ago when learning about the electron scanning rate in computers vs. television and why televisions usually look weird when you see them on tv. Apparently it should be higher than 100Hz to (help) avoid such seizures. It's the same problem when kids who watch pokemon have seizures.

Anyway. You're right, if he's had the problem with two different unrelated computers with different refresh rates that's probably not it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom