I Have Heard The Album.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I believe you JOFO for what it's worth....prob not much since you don't know me from a hole in the wall :D

I believe you JOFO for what it's worth....prob not much since you don't know me from a hole in the wall :D

Yeah cheers JOFO.

Defo not lying... Someone who has been on a forum for the best part of 9 years with nearly 4000 posts ain't gonna roll like that...

Thanks guys; I'm sure we're all gonna be pretty happy with this album....

:up:

sounds good to me....thanks for the info JOFO.

We only have a few weeks to go and a leak possibly earlier than that....I can be patient...no, i can't.:hyper:

The thought of somehow grabbing it crossed my mind for a second, but there was no way that was possible.

One thing I wonder about: the writing credits. I know they have said things along the lines of "We wrote with Brian and Danny on this one", and you can really hear it....Eno especially. I wonder if the credits will be along the lines of "Lyrics: Bono/ Music:U2 and Eno" or something....

That would be a first, no?

I don't think there's ever been writing credits to anyone but the band so far right?

"No Line on the Horizon 2" credits say "Music by: U2, Brian Eno and Danny Lanois".

Thanks for the info! Glad too see the infamous Lanois riff in there. Fez could be a real winner. I guess "For Your Love" HQ clip is gone for good? If that is the case, it's a shame.

Thanks for the info! Glad too see the infamous Lanois riff in there. Fez could be a real winner. I guess "For Your Love" HQ clip is gone for good? If that is the case, it's a shame.

Maybe it morphed into Stand Up Comedy. The phrase "for your love" is in there anyway.

As I say, we had 20 minutes to kill; I had no idea he had the album, and we were sitting in one control room while he was doing some stuff, and I was reading a magazine, when he looked at me with a mischievious grin and said "Want to hear the U2 album"?

He knows I'm a huge fan and I said "HELL YEAH"....

I knew he wasn't going to play each song all the way through; 2 minutes into NLOTH he said "That's that one; kind of Peter Gabriel huh?" and then pressed forward to Magnificent, and so on.

I like GOYB. If I like GOYB, will I like the rest of the album? :hmm:

funny enough I don't reckon Achtung has a lot of musical continuity :lol:

I agree with this. Although the various types of songs do flow well together. But AB doesn't have the continuity of JT. However, I also felt that this is JT's biggest weakness - the songs all blending in (barring a few) making the album sound like one big song. Some love that, though. I prefer more variety. :yes:

"No Line on the Horizon 2" credits say "Music by: U2, Brian Eno and Danny Lanois".

are you talking about the HQ clip with the line "i am coming to the surface for your love" ?

I absolutely love that melody, I really hope it's on the record but for some reason I don't expect it...JOFO can you help us out here?

are you talking about the HQ clip with the line "i am coming to the surface for your love" ?

I absolutely love that melody, I really hope it's on the record but for some reason I don't expect it...JOFO can you help us out here?

i'm sure it was ommitted from the album. before i heard the SUC clip, i was thinking that it morphed into this song, but it doesn't sound like it now.

oh well, i liked it too. hopefully the band will revisit this melody. :)

I don't know the clip you're talking about....I missed that one.

Any clip?

i'm sure it was ommitted from the album. before i heard the SUC clip, i was thinking that it morphed into this song, but it doesn't sound like it now.

oh well, i liked it too. hopefully the band will revisit this melody. :)

I think it was originally slated for the title track but then they changed it and made it better.

Hey Jofo! Don't know if it's been confirmed elsewhere but is the Dallas clip anywhere on this album? ( I know it's rumoured to be on WAS but nothing official that I have seen)

I just love that clip and would just be sad if it doesn't show up on the cd (or dvd)

Hey Jofo! Don't know if it's been confirmed elsewhere but is the Dallas clip anywhere on this album? ( I know it's rumoured to be on WAS but nothing official that I have seen)

I just love that clip and would just be sad if it doesn't show up on the cd (or dvd)

Which one is that?

thanks for posting, JOFO!

Good god, how much longer do we have to wait???? :banghead:

Re: I have no proof at all of my story. Sorry if some find it hard to believe.

I wouldn´t play the whole songs if I was working at Platinum either. Big no-no. Your friend did you a favor and it must be great to listen to it thru large monitors!

No, I don't remember hearing any of that.

You can hear some of that style of music faintly in the Cedars Clip so I assume later in the song it morphs into that. You didn't hear much of Cedars so thats probably why you didn't hear it.

Back
Top Bottom