I can do anything to gain weight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AcrobatMan

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Song of the week "sentimental" by Porcupine Tree
Ok I have been trying to gain weight for the last 3 years..but unable to do it.. All my friends gain weight easily and they always try to lose weight ( thats a different story)

Gaining weight to me is the most difficult thing in the world..

I try to eat a lot..but I cant. I joined gym in 2002 and I was able to increase my weight from 50 kgs(111 pound) to 59 kg( 129)..but then I fell ill and left the gym for few months... I am 5' 8" in height ( 171 cms)

Then I was back to 50kg..since last few months..I have trying hard at gym ( to GAIN Weight not lose it)...and I am around 53 kgnow.

I dont know what to do.. There are some protein stuff they tell me at gym but I dont want to take such stuff as they would be harmful in the long run... Also eating meat doesnt go well with me... I try but I cant eat much...:huh:

I really want to be 60-65 kgs !! And have a body like Bruce Lee

http://theland.antgear.com/bruce_lee.jpg

ummm

Thanks for listening !!
AcrobatMan

AcrobatMan....I hate you!

lol just kidding...that has to suck for a guy. Too bad there's no such thing as a weight transplant cuz I'd gladly give you some of mine

Food in general does it for me :|

I wish I could give you some advice, but I have the opposite problem. Good luck :up:

i can't gain weight either. i'd like to be about another 5 to 10 pounds heavier, but i hate talking about it because it doesn't sound good when most people are complaing they have too much of the stuff...

and not that i want fat either. muscle would obviously be desirable for hockey and baseball...

Before babies I had difficulties putting on weight.

I found if I slept really well then I put on weight. Im an insomniac, light sleeper, whatever you want to call it. Once I worked out the sleep thing, the weight thing seemed to follow.

Youre veg aren't you AcroSteve? That would make it more difficult to put on weight.

I had the same problems untill I joined the gym. Working out and especially lifting weights really is the way to go. Try to eat a lot of pasta and bread, I don't think you really need meat to gain weight. Go and lift those weights, it worked for me.

beli said:

Youre veg aren't you AcroSteve? That would make it more difficult to put on weight.

I am NOT a veggie - its only that I dont like meat ... Sometimes I try it ( because they say it has more protein) but I dont like it a lot and leave most of it on my plate.. No one in my family has
problem with eating meat.

I think I under-eat because I have less appetite...

But when I go to gym , I can eat more... :drool:

Dr_teeth - yes I was hovering around 48-51 kgs from 1995 to 2002 till I joined a gym...and increased it to 58 kgs.

You can drink alot of beer. I've seen many people gain weight by becoming alcoholics :)

But seriously, lifting weights while eatting a diet containing high volumes of starches should help you gain 'weight"...

However, you don't like protein, so it will be difficult to build lots of muscle weight without having a diet that includes protein (meat). I guess you could take vitamins, but would that be sufficient?

Do you ever watch "The Simpsons" television show? Remember when Homer tried to gain a bunch of weight so he could gain disability at work? Dr. Nick told him to be creative when eating. For example: instead of bread, use pop-tarts...instead of chewing gum, chew bacon! When in doubt, rub whatever it is against a sheet of paper. If the paper turns clear, it's your window to weight gain!!!!!!!

For those people on protein shakes, you'd be well off to look into the biochemistry of human metabolism to see that your body can only absorb so much protein and the rest of your designer shakes and so on are ending up in your urine.

Back
Top Bottom