HTDAAB extra DVD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RavenBlue

Blue Crack Addict
I have the european version of HTDAAB and as such, my DVD player won't play the extra disc that comes with the cd. I'm just curious as to what is on it. Actually, what I'm most curious about is the temple bar mix of Vertigo, as I've heard that involves banjos.

Thanks in advance.

Buy a new player. :wink:
-A documentary about vertigo, crumbs and sometimes, and the making of the new record..
-vertigo video (not the desert-thing)
-SYCMIOYO acoustic version, bono and edge on a couch.
-Temple bar mix: vertigo ACOUSTIC. :lol: it's so great! just edge with a banjo..and bono. :wink:
-crumbs from your table studio performance. I think that's really great too..
-SYCMIOYO studio performance (though I think it's exactly the same thing as on the cd)
I think that was it?

interviews that don't make too much sense.
vertigo video
sometimes "live"
crumbs "live"
vertigo edge on banjo
sometimes bono & edge acoustic

david said:
interviews with poor lighting thus making bono look really evil and creepy.

:huh: No kidding! The lighting has a greenish tint to it and makes them look wrinkly and pale. It bugs me whenever I watch it. Someone who had never seen them before would think they were really old.

I thought Bono really looked like a leuprechaun!! He sounds very Irish in the studios too! Was a poor DVD, overall. Lousy thing without even a proper Vertigo MTV, which I was looking forward to. At least the studio Vertigo has more Adam coverage, for sure.

Wish they covered more songs or better songs tho. Like Miracle Drug or City of Blinding Lights. Sometimes You Can't Make it On Your Own is understandable, from Bono's point of view. So is the smash single Vertigo. But Crumbs from Your Table? Definitely not the best song on the album! Heck! It resembles Walk On (Edge guitar solo)!

Docu was more technical, really. Gives an insight on how the band works. Adam looks...old. Edge and Larry looked the best in the docu. Edge was smart enough to choose a seat by the window! For natural lighting! A really funny bit was producer Steve Lillywhite saying "We tried to stop Bono from playing the guitar," shows clips of Bono struggling with some chords, then, "unfortunately, sone of it does seep through the grooves!" HAHA!

martha said:

Yeah, that's why they've played it so much on this tour. :eyebrow:
Well, that's not a good argument. Bono's said Ms Sarajevo is one of his favourite songs, and they've only played it a 35 times live during their whole carreer so far.

So how many times a song is played doesn't have to say anything about how much the band likes it.

Bono likes Crumbs cos it's all about Africa and poverty; his cup of tea. But (to be so damn fucking particularly politically correct ), in my very own personal opinion, i personally feel that the tune, melody, etcetc was not the best on the album.

Sure, it'd be a smash hit for some other new bands in town, but this is U2 we are talking about. I couldn't really define Adam's bass here too!

coolie! thanks. i was refering to the DVD version tho, they're not the same, are they? I think on DVD, Edge starts off on a... chord sequence? It wasn't mixed properly then. Could you tell me the chord sequence? i only see Edge play a G chord

You have the best ears!

From my memory, was the chord sequence something like

D(quaver)-A(crotchet)-A(crochet)-G(quaver)-G(quaver)-quaver rest

repeat.

I have no idea what i'm blabbing about. No idea how to read tabs either. Or chord sequences, u'noe. I'd just play them all for you in crotchets (quarter note).

D - A - G is correct.
I don't have the time to tab it, but I'll write it down here in short.

All chords are in basic position (so NOT the weird position you mentioned in your previous post).
Do NOT play the first string at the chords during the verse & chorus (bridge has other chords, I won't name them here).
Code:
Intro:
D - A - A - G - G (a few times, I don't remember how many)

Verse:

A                    G G
From the brightest star
                  D     A     A     G G
Comes the blackest hole

etc.
I'm sure this is right, cos:
1. Edge does it this exact way on the DVD
2. You can play along and hear it sounds the same as Edge does

The temple bar mix is absolutely hilarious!:lmao: It makes me laugh to just think about it. You really should take back your DVD back to the place you bought it from and see if you can't get a new one! Comsumer rights and all that!!:eyebrow:

Last edited:
i_love_adam said:
chord sequence D-A-G sounds wrong for me!

Tho I got the guitar tab
--12--
-------
12----
-------
-------

THE CHORD S. SOUNDS ALL WRONG!

Nonono! This is the actual lead guitar line that comes before the D-A-G chords on the DVD and it sounds totally right even to a beginner like me. These aren't the chords!

I don't feel shy posting about my ignorance here because, after all, this is EVERYTHING YOU KNOW IS WRONG

Last edited:
hcbiggs2002 said:
The temple bar mix is absolutely hilarious!:lmao: It makes me laugh to just think about it. You really should take back your DVD back to the place you bought it from and see if you can't get a new one! Comsumer rights and all that!!:eyebrow:

Heh, it was a gift from my mother who lives in Ireland. I'm in Canada, so it's a different region for DVD's I think. That's why it won't work. Oh well!

i_love_adam said:

Nonono! This is the actual lead guitar line that comes before the D-A-G chords on the DVD and it sounds totally right even to a beginner like me. These aren't the chords!

I don't feel shy posting about my ignorance here because, after all, this is EVERYTHING YOU KNOW IS WRONG
Ah, the lead guitar line.
It's played a bit different from what you do.

Here's a correct tab from the internet:
Code:
e---7-----7------7---7-----7-----7----|
B----5------5----------5------5-------|
G--7---7------7---7------7-----7------|

e---5-----5------5---5-----5-----6----|
G--7---7------7---6------6-----6------|

e---7-----7------7---7-----7-----7----|
G--7---7------7---7------7-----7------|

e---0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0----|